Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Really Bad Game Showcase

Options
  • 11-09-2006 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

OK, so there has been some real bad stinkers in our time. From Bubsy 3D to Shaq Fu, this thread is to showcase those games:

ETatari_thumb.gif

ET: The Extra Terrestial (Atari 2600)
    The game touted as responsible for the video game crash in the early 80s. This guy actually manages a speed run in just over four minutes.

Mario_Is_Missing!_SNES_ScreenShot1.jpg

Mario Is Missing (PC/SNES)
    I remember playing this game thinking something was ****ed up. I mean, it looks familiar and all the chirping noises are there but... what the hell?!

200px-Zelda_adventure_gamecover.jpg

Zelda's Adventure (CD-I)
    I think out of all of the games I've viewed for this showcase, this stands out as the biggest pile of shít I've ever seen. Fending off balls of tumbleweed? Throwing your CD-I in the bin would be more satisfying.

Think you've seen/played a worse game? Use links from Youtube and post it here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Zelda: Wand of Gamelon

1140622996029.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

zelda: faces of evil
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNpLXo55yfw&mode=related&search=
    sweet merciful crap

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dark Castle on the Megadrive was amazingly bad. Remember how EA games on the Megadrive were on different cartridges than all the others. That was because EA made such bad games that Sega refused to make cartridges for them. Dark Castle came out around this time and didn't do them any favours. The game looked like it was on the spectrum and the gameplay was terrible.
    You could die in the game by walking over tiny cracks in the ground.

Don't forget Enter the Matrix. Pure tripe from start to finish. It was buggy as hell and even if it wasn't it was still a shockingly awful game. The only bit I enjoyed was laughing at how bad the AI was at driving in the on the rails sections. They aimed for walls, your car would be upside down and then it would teleport back on to the road.

This may offend some long term PC fans but those old Dos shoot'em ups were absolutely disgraceful especially those Apogee ones. Lets face it Raptor and it's ilk were awful. I always felt sorry for you guys having to play Commander Keen and Raptor while console and home computer people played quality titles like Mario, Salamander and R-type. That was until Wolf 3D, Blakestone and then the killer punch of Doom. I wanted a 486 then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

King's Quest- Mask Of Eternity.

By the heatsinks of mighty MechaJesus, whose fractal surface area spans infinity within a square inch, this game disgusts me to this day. Except when the main character says "Gadzooks". His horribly fake olde worlde english accent transforms a simple exclamation of surprise into a comedy gem. Some stupid controls, some dire acting, pathetic monsters, and the story made me cry tears of blood. I only persisted with it as long as I did because it was the first game I ever had that took advantage of 3d cards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nobody knows crap games like Seanbaby. Hope that last link works since it's not working for me but is probably this **** computer. General Custards Revenge seems particularly bad due to how unbelievably tasteless it is.

http://www.digitpress.com/archives/seanbaby/w20-1.htm
    www.seanbaby.com/nes/egm.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Shaq Fu! Shaquille ONeill as a fighting game character. That gets a great big WTF from me. Also it was just ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Lol

Now I know where Drawn Together got Zander the gay elf on a never ending question save his girlfriend/boyfriend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

643774.jpg

Charlie's Angels (Cube, PS2)
    Yes, there is actually a Charlie's Angels game. Great video review by Golden Shower. The epitome of the **** Final Fight-clone.

646098.jpg

Drake of the 99 Dragons (Xbox, PC)
    Never played this game but after reading bad reviews across the board I decided to check it out. Man, does it look retarded. Action-packed nonsense.

Rise_of_the_Robots_SNES_ScreenShot1.jpg

Rise of the Robots (SNES, PC, more)
    Ah, the memories. One of Acclaim's finest works at the lower end of the scale. In retrospect, the music is actually quite good for a SNES game but the gameplay is just... dire.

I actually experienced the horror of Rise of the Robots. Utter tripe. Special moves were nearly impossible to pull off and were way overpowered. It sold quite a few copies due to the hype surrounding how nice the graphics were but when the game was released the digitising was of a terrible quality and it looked ****e anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

what was the Mortal Kombat where you could only play as Sub Zero? It's so bad I've blocked the memory of playing that game.

Speaking of piss poor SF2 clones...
    bodyblowsgal.png
    Body blows on the amiga. God awful ass water it was. I just remember the stupid announcer at the start of the rounds *booming, slow voice* NINJA....VERSUS....MARIA
    Complete bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Slurms wrote:
    what was the Mortal Kombat where you could only play as Sub Zero? It's so bad I've blocked the memory of playing that game.
    Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub Zero

*Shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

George Foreman's Boxing on the NES

Well it wasn't that the game was terrible its just i was very very young and i bought this game thinking all boxing games were the same, thought it was the same as a class boxing game on the megadrive

I actually cried

You should have gotten punch-out :)

The Mega drive conversion of MK1 was disgraceful. It may have had the blood in it but it played awfully. It was an awful game to begin with. MK2 was another awful conversion on the Mega Drive. All the combos were taken out so it played was really boring. Probe software were a terrible developer.

The Mega Drive version of TMNT: Tournament Fighters was another disgrace. The Snes game was however excellent.

I remember buying both Street Fighter 2 and Mercs for the C64 because I was a huge fan of the arcade games. Both were utter tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

for Christmas with Batman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8YCGDWIaRA

Total bilge.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

All these games are fantastic in comparison with Pit Fighter!

Sure the players and crowd were all digitised actors, but your moves were punch, kick jump punch and jump kick. Thats it. Plus they handled like a clapped out car driving through a tar pit. Will look up youtube to see if I can get any footage of it when I get home!

Edit - Found one of a guy doing a speed run of it. It looks roughly the same on pc (Where I played it) but I remember if you tried the 3 button moves the computer just didnt like it :rolleyes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mdbdOwQvtU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

No mention of N64s superman!!!!

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I actually experienced the horror of Rise of the Robots. Utter tripe. Special moves were nearly impossible to pull off and were way overpowered. It sold quite a few copies due to the hype surrounding how nice the graphics were but when the game was released the digitising was of a terrible quality and it looked ****e anyway.
    You know, I never got past two characters in Rise of The Robots. tempted to reinstall it and try again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

No, please don't. Seriously. I will GIVE you money if you resist the urge to try it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I always felt sorry for you guys having to play Commander Keen
    Hey now, there were a few fine games in the Commander Keen series. The original two Duke Nukems (using the same engine as Keen) were class too. I actually enjoyed them more than Duke Nukem 3D.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Sarky wrote:
    No, please don't. Seriously. I will GIVE you money if you resist the urge to try it again.
    ...how much money? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

All these games are fantastic in comparison with Pit Fighter!

Sure the players and crowd were all digitised actors, but your moves were punch, kick jump punch and jump kick. Thats it. Plus they handled like a clapped out car driving through a tar pit. Will look up youtube to see if I can get any footage of it when I get home!

Edit - Found one of a guy doing a speed run of it. It looks roughly the same on pc (Where I played it) but I remember if you tried the 3 button moves the computer just didnt like it :rolleyes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mdbdOwQvtU

Pit fighter on the gameboy was indeed the worst game I have ever played.

Make the gfx monochrome and 3 times worse and you have the GB version :rolleyes:

puffys saga
    puffys-saga-3.png
    not necessarily a bad game, but the sound effects were so messed up that when the voice said "you have extra speed!", it sounded like "you have H.I.V!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Godai on the PS2 is pretty dreadful but nearly worth buying if you find it ultra cheap just to see how diabolical everything about it really is. "Korrina" indeed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Toss every Mortal Kombat title into room 101 and you'll get no weeping from me, with a special moves list thats about as intuitive as relaxing your anal sphinter to blink, never got the point, while at least Street Fighter 2 based its moves lists on variations on a set number of D-pad button combinations.
    Never understood the desire of grown men to play Flight Simulator on the PC, I know one chap who flies to the US from Dublin in real time, honestly, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

In a fight for the worlds sh*ttest game, all other competitors would be beaten thoroughly and conclusively by Big Rigs.

Ha, some fellow actually has a youtube video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PogWZIMFyvk

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Speaking of piss poor SF2 clones...
    bodyblowsgal.png
    Body blows on the amiga. God awful ass water it was. I just remember the stupid announcer at the start of the rounds *booming, slow voice* NINJA....VERSUS....MARIA
    Complete bollocks.

I had this game on my Amiga 600. It was indeed a BIG PILE OF STEAMING SH1TE. :(

Still can't believe it came from the same people that gave us Worms.

Advertisement