Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Bf2 names offensive?

Options
  • 11-09-2006 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭

Ok got kicked and banned tonight. Punkbuster message showed an admin message saying "funny guy with that smartarse name". WTF? theres something offensive about An_capaill_mor "the big horse". Can't figure it out, i can't even make the basic curse words with the name.

Pissed too because i culd'nt explain myself, it was a stupid punkbuster message.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

If you were playing good they probably kicked you because of that reason instead. Its a bull**** reason tbh. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ok got kicked and banned tonight. Punkbuster message showed an admin message saying "funny guy with that smartarse name". WTF? theres something offensive about An_capaill_mor "the big horse". Can't figure it out, i can't even make the basic curse words with the name.

Pissed too because i culd'nt explain myself, it was a stupid punkbuster message.

Then complain on www.bfroe.com and get them for it. Was this an Irish server though? Could they be expexted to translate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

What was the server ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Maybe they thought you were bragging about your donkey-dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

All sorts of idiots get admin rights. Decide the server isn't worth it and go play somewhere else. I've had similar frustrating crap, you just have to forget about it.

To be honest "The Big Horse" does sound a little cheeky... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Deacon Blues

If it was an Irish server, it could be seen as a smartarsed name ... bragger !!

If it wasn't an Irish server, a series of letters that means nothing to somebody who doesn't know gaelic exists, never mind what it means could be seen as smartarsed. It looks like a nonsense name to somebody who only speaks english.

Still not a reason to kick but. Prolly a 12 year old admin who couldn't pronounce your name and got upset. Just stay clear of the server and leave the kids to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

What really pissed me off was i was shot by some guy called osmabinladenrulez or something like that just before i was kicked. and on 3 other servers, i was vote kicked for what i dunno, 1 was succesful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

best bet is to go the the clan forums of the server that kicked you if u really wanna find out what the craic is. Maybe it was a mistake and kicked you meaning to kick the other guy, a slip of the mouse...it happens.

Or maybe it translates into something offensive in a differnt language.

I'm an admin on my multi national clan server and adter I just joined the server one time I noticed a big warning from one of our members to a guy named Jude something or other.

The warning was "please change your name or you will be kicked"

and before I could go WTF? he was kicked! So i said asked why the hell was he kicked and the answer I got was "His name was Jude" I was like SO??????

And they said "its offensive to germans and Jews" & I was like WTF!?! what does it mean???

and they said...."Jew"

I then enlightend them on how "jude" is a feckin NAME ie Jude Law.. and said that tbh even if he did join as his name being "Jew" how the feck is that offsive, imo its offsive to Jews to kick a guy called Jew...

Unless there was something else in the same that made it an insult or whatever...

anyways my point is ppl can be veeeeeerry over sensitive sometimes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭-l-Z3k3-l-

it is a **** name though

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Grogg

Wha, I agree with -l-Z3k3-l- here on this. It a ****e name. Could be worse though, ya could be a ginger t@sser but surely you not?

Or mayeb the server was a MrFitt special.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Grogg wrote:
    Wha, I agree with -l-Z3k3-l- here on this. It a ****e name. Could be worse though, ya could be a ginger t@sser but surely you not?

Or mayeb the server was a MrFitt special.

No personal abuse.

Calling people ginger just isn't on. That's a terrible thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭-l-Z3k3-l-

Silverfish wrote:
    No personal abuse.

Calling people ginger just isn't on. That's a terrible thing to say.

but he is...and we both know him

:D

hes gonna kill me tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

don't know the guy at all, i say ban the longhaired git.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Lol, ginger :eek:

Advertisement