Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Which is better

• 11-09-2006 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

Planning to get a 32" LCD for the new house soon.

We have shortlisted a few LCD:
    1) Toshiba Regza 32WL66Z (link)
    2) Sony Bravia KDL S-32A12U (link)
    3) Panasonic TX-32LX60F (link) and/or
    4) Samsung LE32R51 (link)

Would appreciate any advice/input etc as this will be our first LCD.
    Sony Centre's seem to be doing a deal where hey "give" customers a free DVD recorder if one buys their LCD.
    Most likely we will go for the Toshiba (good reviews) but again, I am open to suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

that link is ****e. thats the wrong pic of th tv for that model number.. and the model number is an old one. the new ones are kdl-s2010 for the basic one. out of those 4, i'd go with the panasonic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

I have been looking at getting a 32" LCD myself.

Being someone who likes to do a bit of investigating before buying, my choice would be the Toshiba.

Worth the little bit extra to go for the 32WLT66 - with the Freeview tuner....

Has 5* reviews from a load of magazines - you can see which ones on the Toshiba website.

Dixons and Currys both have the 32WLT66 for €1295 at the moment....a bit more than online, but.....my thinking is that (God forbid) the TV goes belly up after a while its going to be a ba5tard to ship back.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Whatever you get make sure it has 2 HDMI sockets. Sky HD is here, Blueray DVD is coming, and there are already HDMI equipped DVD "ordinary" DVD players and home cinema systems out there. 1 HDMI socket is about as useful as one scart used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

fdevine wrote:
    I have been looking at getting a 32" LCD myself.

Being someone who likes to do a bit of investigating before buying, my choice would be the Toshiba.

Worth the little bit extra to go for the 32WLT66 - with the Freeview tuner....

Has 5* reviews from a load of magazines - you can see which ones on the Toshiba website.

Dixons and Currys both have the 32WLT66 for €1295 at the moment....a bit more than online, but.....my thinking is that (God forbid) the TV goes belly up after a while its going to be a ba5tard to ship back.....

Yes, I have listed Toshiba as first and it would my choice. It is not the best thing you can get out there but when it comes toprice-benefit ratio, it seems to do very good.
    Sony is also good (they are much alike).
    A salesperson in Harvey Norman was telling me that Samsung is way better than any other LCD (Contract ratio 5000:1 while the rest have 1200:1)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

The salesperson in Harvey Norman is making that up - the LCD with a contrast ratio of 5000:1 does not exist.

• Advertisement
Advertisement