Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books needed for third year IT

Options
  • 11-09-2006 4:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi There
    Can anyone give me an estimate of the number and cost of books needed for the third year computing course
    Thanks
    Sue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

Zero, use the library and the on-line notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Oirthir wrote:
    Zero, use the library and the on-line notes.
    yeah, the day i buy a book for that Institute is the day hell freezes over, thats one of the great things about going to ITT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You'll have notes and moodle. I'm going into 3rd Year computing aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

As said above, you aint need any books as you have notes, moodle and the library!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

I just graduated...in a week or two anyways.

Never had to buy a book for the course. The resources on moodle/compweb are plenty. and any documentation on api's or programming is far more up to date on google than a book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

Hey try www.bookshop.ie
    1. Allows you to check the ITT Student Union bookshop.
    2. Allows you to check all round dublin to see if you can get the books you need directly off other students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 propertysue

Thanks all for the comments, looks like I'll save on buying books then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

I'm not saying you should feel any obligation or anything. But its boards custom to buy a drink for the people that help you save the money in the first place.

Its like karma except not stupid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

theTinker wrote:
    I'm not saying you should feel any obligation or anything. But its boards custom to buy a drink for the people that help you save the money in the first place.

Its like karma except not stupid :)

Exactly. Now you have to buy everyone that has seen this thread a drink. I've seen this thread half a dozen times now but we can call it a flat five pints and we're good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Moodle is your friend. Learn to avail of it. During my undergrad days (before moodle ye jammy bastids) I only bought a couple of books although they've served as reference material as well as course material (like programming language books, etc). Use yer head when deciding if you *need* that book that costs €80.

Not sure how well it'd be of use to you guys, but through moodle (or the library) you also have access to a wider repository of publications through "Science Direct" (iirc??). I've not used it yet for my research work personally (and I really should get my skates on)

• Advertisement
Advertisement