Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Live Messenger question

• 11-09-2006 5:26am

Can anyone tell me whether Windows Live Messenger caches the contact list on the hard disk rather than the server? I'll explain my situation.

I've added two contacts since installing WLM, but when I log in on another machine, using any version of messenger, these two contacts only show their e-mail address rather than their username unless they log on. Is this normal?

I've also had a problem that if I use 7.5 rather than 8.0, one of my contacts always has a gleam (the orange star) beside her name, indicating that she updated her MSN spaces account, yet she hasn't since January. If I click the gleam it goes away but it comes back when I log in again.

These two problems only started happening since I participated in the WLM beta, I suspect it did something dodgy with my account.

Advertisement