Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM in Dundalk...???

Options
  • 11-09-2006 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭

I can't find Today FM on my radio here in Dundalk.

What's the problem? I've gone up and down the dial and can't find it anywhere?

Please advise! Thanks! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

I normally get it on 100.9, but when i'm up there i get it on 105.5
    Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

You're a star! ;)

thanks a mill!! :)

When I said I'd been up and down the dial, I lied! I stopped after Radio 4, around the 104 mark... defeatist attitude I suppose!

Tut Tut...

Yeah my car radio automatically flicks to it when i'm in those parts!

"If somethings hard to do, its not worth doing!" - Homer Simpson (not an exact quote i know, but his philosophy is sound

If at first you don't succeed... give up! ;)

ah yeah thats the one! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

The Clermont Carn transmitter (just north of Dundalk) has all the national stations frequencies out of whack with the rest of the country.

RTÉ Radio 1 is available nationally on 88-90MHz, yet its 95.2 around Dundalk
    2FM is on 90-92 nationally, 97.0 around Dundalk
    RnaG is 92-94.5, 102.7 around Dundalk
    and, as you've found out, Today FM is 100-102, but 105.5 in Dundalk.

The reason: its really the Republic's FM transmitter that serves Belfast :D As its so close to the border, the BBC, INR's and ILR's up north follow the same pattern and with the way their stations have the frequencies used already, and to prevent interference, thats why Dundalk has the national stations where they are.

Oh! Thanks for that! I was wondering why all the stations were in different places after moving up from the southwest.

Down there I had the vast choice of RTE, Lyric, or a couple of local stations! :mad:

Delighted with meself now with loads to choose from! :D

No worries, forgot to add that Lyric FM is on 87.8, and not 96-99 like it is nationally.

BBC Radio 2 is a fantastic station, imo.

yes! I used to like Jonathon ross on a saturday morning... is he still on them? Must check it out though catching up on The Archers at the moment!!!

Kinda glued to Radio4 having been bereft of it for 2 years! And love the World service in the wee hours!

LOL... yes Ross is still there at 10am, bit of swearing there this week... naughty.. :D

Radio 4 is a fine station, Sailing By sends me to sleep most nights, but, alas, the UK Theme is no more. :(

• Advertisement

DMC wrote:
    Radio 4 is a fine station, Sailing By sends me to sleep most nights, but, alas, the UK Theme is no more. :(

Noooooo! :eek:

Sailing By is no longer??? :eek: :eek:

Can't believe it! Best thing to send me off to sleep too!

Do we still have the shipping forcast tho???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

No, no Sailing By is still the 12.45 snooze :D....that UK theme is the medley they used play at 5.30am which has been done away with...
    Still shipping forecasts on too, but not as many on FM as there is on LW.

As for groundhogdayFM? Why would you want it when you can get all the UK and NI stations? Also good morning show on local radio (!) that's worth a listen sometimes...

Aaaah! I get it now! Actually wasn't too fond of the UK theme! Wasn't a bit of it the "Lassie" tune??

The local station is great! One morning it was all about the woman in "Drawda" who's driveway was blocked by some youngwans car and she couldn't get out with the apple tarts for the old folks party in Termonfeckin!

Advertisement