Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wickla's next!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

fisheye wrote:
    Bragging rights, just to say "I flipped down 12 stairs". You're right though, useless in a skatepark unless it's a 3up3down like the one in UCD or that church on the southside.

You see that short stumpy ledge at the top tier just before the bank down? What about extending that down the bank, along the next flat to either stop at the top of the next bank or go down it so it's essentially a double/triple kink ledge? And wide enough to do manual tricks down it? It only needs to be 3-4 ft wide. Looking good so far.
    ah they wouldnt be useless if they buiilt a plaza or a big park to skate in . like finland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

There's no steps in that Helsinki plaza. Can you ollie up 12 stairs? Anything over 3 or 4 small steps becomes negative space as you can't get up them and it kills all flow. A bank of the same size means you can go up it, do stuff into it, out of it or over it to the flat. With a bunch of steps all you can do is tricks over/down it. Simple as. Large flights of steps in skateparks are utterly pointless...

fisheye wrote:
    There's no steps in that Helsinki plaza. Can you ollie up 12 stairs? Anything over 3 or 4 small steps becomes negative space as you can't get up them and it kills all flow. A bank of the same size means you can go up it, do stuff into it, out of it or over it to the flat. With a bunch of steps all you can do is tricks over/down it. Simple as. Large flights of steps in skateparks are utterly pointless...
    nah i meant like build a park like that ! sets are pointless in parks youve tought me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

f for how long now have i told u that there is no point in buildin sets in parks???:D

smois wrote:
    f for how long now have i told u that there is no point in buildin sets in parks???:D
    shut up u smois, u seemed to go missing for 2 days there:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

make it three and maybe five on friday. here i need a new deck spread the love with one of your old ones. have to say greystones looks nice

smois wrote:
    make it three and maybe five on friday. here i need a new deck spread the love with one of your old ones. have to say greystones looks nice
    bradys gonna ge tyou eventually , you cant stay out forever:D ill give you my old rasa libre one, its my only other deck

• Registered Users Posts: 28 marcomolo

hey guys, has the greystones park been finished yet. I'm lookin forwrd to givin it a go and i'll be in the city tomorrow.

I've been to the Gorey one and it's a bit smaller than i expected but a skatepark's better than none and Grant Masterson and The gorey skaters/boarders/bikers put a lot of work into it. Fair play to them.

One in every town i say!!!
    M:D

Advertisement