Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome back

Options
  • 11-09-2006 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

So on the first day back of this new college year whats everyones main goal for this year??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

tintinr35 wrote:
    So on the first day back of this new college year whats everyones main goal for this year??
    To leave!
    (2 weeks to go!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It's my final year, so I suppose I should actually do some work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

to actually go to most of my lectures.
    Not gotten off to a good start tho, bike wasn't ready yet so had to bus it making me late. Guess i shoulda seen this coming tho in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

1. Kick my WoW addiction so I can...

2. Study.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

cajole/intimidate/seduce the english department into letting me do a PhD.
    of course there's always the 'write a good proposal and dazzle them with my academic prowess' route, but cajolery &c sounds more exciting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Go to lectures and not fall behind! Already been to two today.Yay go me
    Also to organise at least two charity events and go to netball practise more

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

getting into lectures today would be a good start, and if I can keep that up, all the better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Go to class, write essays not on the sunday night before its due, do well in finals, make art history let me do a masters...

Sounds optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

forgot how much this place resembled spring break, as seen on tv, I suppose it's a lot to do with the fact the spring break types are a lot more visible, anyway this has been done to death before so enough of that:o
    yea final year too, gonna study hard even if it kills me, do problem sheets and do them well and go over stuff as it comes up! oh and go to lectures too of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

The Master Plan:

Attend Lectures.
    Make proper version of notes on the evening after lectures before I forget what my shorthand meant.
    Write all essays a week in advance- consider maybe even doing second draft??!
    Go to the library and do my required reading.
    Ween myself off the notion that if studying for a week before exams worked for 2 years, it'll work for 3.
    Make English department aware of the fact that they would love me to do an MA in Anglo-Irish Literature and Drama.
    Option 1st class degree in order to gain entry to said course.
    Rest on laurels.
    Find out where exactly the term 'rest on your laurels' came from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

do well in the exams, go out way more than last year and basically enjoy my final year in UCD, sob!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

Whilst I did pretty well in first year, I also plan to write notes after the lectures, study more than just the final week, read around more. However I did not have enough fun, probably someone else got my quota of fun, so I intend to have more fun this time round, so whoever stole my quota, I'm getting it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Ah pretty much the usual keep a balance while working smart so I get a portion of the required reading under my belt and completing my essays in good time before the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Chakar wrote:
    Ah pretty much the usual keep a balance while working smart so I get a portion of the required reading under my belt and completing my essays in good time before the deadline.
    Pity you didn't add "not posting my usual spammy shite posts on boards" to the end of that. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TheRabbit

I plan to register, first of all.

Then I plan to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me God about everything and everyone in UCD.

In short, I plan to take over the whole of UCD with my evil scheming. You will all be mine.

MINE!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Now now robin.

God i hate the rolleyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Find True Love, a plan for World Peace and make sure all the little children of the world are fed and safe and happy....

And attain a decent MA...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Stop feeling so ill (my own fault)

Study like a dog until christmas (due to the brilliance of transistional modularisation i have no summer written papers)

Get on erasmus

Enjoy college more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Start classes.

Get work done.

Advertisement