Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meadowbrook

Options
  • 11-09-2006 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi i'm movin into meadowbrook cresent and was never even out there (my freinds viewed the house), anyways wats it like? How far is it from college? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

beesnees wrote:
    hi i'm movin into meadowbrook cresent and was never even out there (my freinds viewed the house), anyways wats it like? How far is it from college? :D
    Its a nice walk from the college.
    20 minutes I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yep, about 20 mins. I lived in Beaufield for 3 years and Brookfield for 2 years and you get used to the walk pretty quickly. There are hundreds of student houses out that direction. Some better than others.

There was talk about the college adding an entrance near the top of Bond Bridge a few years ago but I think that is unlikely even after the new bridge is completed as security would then have yet another entrance to cover and patrol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

I'm in the Avenue 3 years now and it's gettin real bad! Last year our house was broken in to but we chased them out. Durin the summer people tried to open the windows with bars and have left marks on the outside. Number 1 & 2 Meadowbrook Avenue have been burned down and we had one housemate leave earlier this year because he feared for his safety :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

jatses, i lived in 3 meadowbrook avenue 4 years ago..
    that said, if it burned down it could be considered a home improvement. it was probably too damp to catch fire though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Yeah Meadowbrook can be a bit hit and miss. I've been nearby in Beaufield and Cluain Aobhoinn and from experience they seem a little bit nicer although you get bad student houses everywhere. Its about as close as you're goin to get to the college other than campus accommodation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 mmosulli

any thoughts on accommodation in Kingsbry, which is located beside Meadowbrook?

Also, can anyone recommend a good website to look for accommodation in Maynooth pls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Kingsbury is great, lived there durin summer and have some friends livin there this year, houses are better than meadowbrook and the area is better

dunno about a site for ya tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

I lived in Kingsbry a few years ago... Never again, the house was awful, the landlord was awful, the housemates were awful...
    The walls were paper thin, we could hear the mother next door shout at her kids!!! Not to mention getting broken into twice!!!

Advertisement