Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Xp Prox64 Install????

• 11-09-2006 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi, sorry to be such a noob, but i never installed an OS b4 and i was just wondering could any1 tell me the best way of going about it? I got kinda confused when i heard people making partitions on the hard drives for pagefile and stuff.
    I have the cd installer and a completely blank hard drive if thats any good.
    Help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

most of the partitions stuff is when you are trying to fit a second OS on a disk that already has one or tweaking the system

the boot disk will take care of that stuff, you don't need to worry about it on your first install

the main thing to worry about is the langague settings - make you get them all

if you have a very new pc you may need additional drivers for various devices, IIRC sata hard drives may need them

BTW: on the off chance it's a dodgy copy of xp then you will have lots of problems, if not now then later on when you need updates..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lendrahcir

Thanks for that, that takes alot of my mind.
    If i have any problems im sure i'll be online at some piont for more help,
    thanks again captain midnight.
    Ps: i think i should have a good copy of XP, i got it of komplett so hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

If your doing a raid (0,1,5 etc) you'll need drivers for the hdd's to be recognised, else sata drives come up fine.

Advertisement