Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ashley Cole sickens me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sky News will show it in their next sports bulletin I imagine, they've just shown it during the present one.

Absolutely no use to me cause I'm in work........in Australia :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Ive just been reading about this tackle on one of the Rangers forums....was it as bad as they made it out to be?

And ive asthis a few times and got no reply...How is Hutton settling down there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

havent seen him much Eirebear, but anytime i have, he has looked decent. and since his arrival spurs crtainly seem a better team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

was it worse than Keane's 'revenge' tackle on Haaland? And are we allowed to tell people to fcuk off around here now?

kinaldo wrote: »
    And are we allowed to tell people to fcuk off around here now?

I hope so! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

was it worse than Keane's 'revenge' tackle on Haaland? And are we allowed to tell people to fcuk off around here now?

Yes and No

Recklessone and D22ontour banned.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

not as bad as keane's tackle

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

If Cashley is ever to suffer a career ending injury I will feel bad for him.

I think I just broke the sarcast-o-meter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

can i propose that the forum charter is ammended to exclude him from certain abusive words?!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    havent seen him much Eirebear, but anytime i have, he has looked decent. and since his arrival spurs crtainly seem a better team.

Cheers Mr Alan...i really hope he does well down there because he is a very talented player if he can keep his head.

This time last year he would have done cole for a tackle that was nowhere near as bad as what tonights sounds to be...so maybe he is improving in that department

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Recklessone and D22ontour banned.

good to hear, that was getting rediculous.
    OPENROAD wrote: »
    ye keanes was worse but he did it on purpose! cashleys challenge was not intentionally set out to cause injury, but he very VERY easily could have! rediculous challenge, than had the audacity to complain?! :confused:

OPENROAD wrote: »

it was worse, away worse. keane was a kick across the shins/knees, this was a potential leg snapper. this was the same as the eduardo challenge. it should be up on 101greatgoals by now maybe? ill have a look....

maybe here, i aint checked as my streaming is low at the moment where i am -

http://101greatgoals.magnify.net/item/BD5ZQHFRG19R9JMW

ha ha ha ha Homer, twas no way worse than Keanes.

ha ha ha ha Homer, twas no way worse than Keanes.

:eek: it was shocking. you playing in that bo paisley thing al? not that im going to kick you or anything in it, just wondering!?

no i'm not unfortunately.

i am going over to Liverpool for a 5-side tournament at the end of the season in aid of the HJC though. havent played in years, could be interesting to say the least! ;)

going on your attitude to scouse people, maybe you should come over!? :)

no i'm not unfortunately.

i am going over to Liverpool for a 5-side tournament at the end of the season in aid of the HJC though. havent played in years, could be interesting to say the least! ;)

going on your attitude to scouse people, maybe you should come over!? :)

ill pass for this year and while supporting a liverpool trust kills me (im only playing cos boardeaux want to put a decent team in), im sure there will be enough scousers at this one to kick and make up for it:D:D:D only joking of course. tis a pity rooney didnt put away that chance at the last game, i could have used your €20 as the entrance money and that way, i wouldn be using my own for such a cause. hmmm, a wager on sunday perhaps? actually, this is the ashley cole thread,....gone off topic.

the tackle was awful and he really is a deplorable individual.

Shocking tackle...Huttons lucky he walked away from it tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

You're all overeacting, it's always like this after a shocking injury but realistically Cole wasn't going out to hurt Hutton. He may be a cash grabbing cock (and I'm Chelsea fan) but he's not a vendicitve person and most of the hatred directed towards him is because he bagged Cheryl. Ball was in the air, Cole goes for Ball, Hutton goes for it as well, Cole nails Hutton and from what i see from the video clip seemed to be trying to pull out (albeit after the tackle but it looked like he had no time to alter his course). It was a rash tackle but that idiot who was wishing an career ending tackle was bang out of line

Bubs101 wrote: »
    You're all overeacting, it's always like this after a shocking injury but realistically Cole wasn't going out to hurt Hutton. He may be a cash grabbing cock (and I'm Chelsea fan) but he's not a vendicitve person and most of the hatred directed towards him is because he bagged Cheryl. Ball was in the air, Cole goes for Ball, Hutton goes for it as well, Cole nails Hutton and from what i see from the video clip seemed to be trying to pull out (albeit after the tackle but it looked like he had no time to alter his course). It was a rash tackle but that idiot who was wishing an career ending tackle was bang out of line

it was a shocking, spiteful, cowardly and disgraceful tackle. it is undefendable really and he should be banned for it, but alas he wont. he is hated cos is a horrible person**(watching my words as i have ben banned for this last week) and it has nothing to do with his missus. let me tell u man, he was hated long before she came on the scene.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

most of the hatred directed towards him is because he bagged Cheryl.

Yes because we were all 2nd in line to get Cheryl if he hadn't (insert joke here about how someone on here actually WAS close to bagging her), and Ashley Cole is definitely the only footballer out there with a ride of a girlfriend. Seriously, come off of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just seen the tackle there (cheers for the link homerjay) and yes it was a shocker and worthy of a red card. Certainly not as bad as Keane's though to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

You're all overeacting, He may be a cash grabbing cock (and I'm Chelsea fan) but he's not a vendicitve person and most of the hatred directed towards him is because he bagged Cheryl. Ball was in the air, Cole goes for Ball, Hutton goes for it as well, Cole nails Hutton and from what i see from the video clip seemed to be trying to pull out (albeit after the tackle but it looked like he had no time to alter his course). It was a rash tackle but that idiot who was wishing an career ending tackle was bang out of line

Good to hear the Chelsea point of view, the tackle was appalling can you justify his and the Chelsea possee's reaction to him getting a yellow card, his behaviour afterwards was as disgraceful's as Dida's for Milan in the Celtic game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

He may be a cash grabbing cock (and I'm Chelsea fan) but he's not a vendicitve person and most of the hatred directed towards him is because he bagged Cheryl.
    Ah now c'mon, Cole is hated for a million and one reasons and his girlfriend would be on the very bottom of that list if even on it at all.

It was also nice to see Ashley and his chums putting their hands up to the referee indicating that they should give Huddlestone a yellow card for diving, granted he did deserve it but I hate seeing players trying to get other players booked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

You're all overeacting, Ball was in the air, Cole goes for Ball, Hutton goes for it as well, Cole nails Hutton and from what i see from the video clip seemed to be trying to pull out (albeit after the tackle but it looked like he had no time to alter his course). It was a rash tackle

I dont get this, how can someone try pull out of a tackle, after the tackle. Thats like someone riding bareback and shooting and then saying, oops, I tried pull out.

He went in to get him, and he did. He didnt try pull out, granted he was committed to the tackle, but that doesnt excuse it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It was also nice to see Ashley and his chums putting their hands up to the referee indicating that they should give Huddlestone a yellow card for diving, granted he did deserve it but I hate seeing players trying to get other players booked.

disagree with this... i think this is the only case where everyone should do their very best to get a player booked. im a spurs fan, i like huddlestone, but diving generally sucks....

* i got sent off earlier this season for a second yellow card that i got for diving... why would i dive ref, i was 1 on 1... why ref... oh you;ve sent me off... that wasnt very nice... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ditpoker wrote: »
    disagree with this... i think this is the only case where everyone should do their very best to get a player booked. im a spurs fan, i like huddlestone, but diving generally sucks....

* i got sent off earlier this season for a second yellow card that i got for diving... why would i dive ref, i was 1 on 1... why ref... oh you;ve sent me off... that wasnt very nice... :(
    Your opinion doesn't count.......you cheating diver!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Any kid who looks up to Cashley is already on a slippery slope in my book. Disgraceful behaviour regardless of the fact that it was an extremely reckless tackle. Turning his back on the ref like that after throwing his little tantrum, what a child.

NIce... :D

(yes, that is the extent of my contribution)

yep, i can concur. we played them this year and his grasp of gravity was shall we say, challenged!!!:D (think you were the ref in the first game!)

anyway, ashley cole.........horrible horrible man.

WHY WOULD I DIVE!!?!? :D:rolleyes:

so... eh... yea... ashley cole sucks! etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Cheats like Ashley Cole should me made an example of.

If a foreigner carried on like he did last nite he'd be up before the FA and get a hefty ban.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

hanton12 wrote: »
    I dont get this, how can someone try pull out of a tackle, after the tackle. Thats like someone riding bareback and shooting and then saying, oops, I tried pull out.

He went in to get him, and he did. He didnt try pull out, granted he was committed to the tackle, but that doesnt excuse it.

I don't think that there was anytime to pull out of the tackle but I'm not saying it wasn't stupid or a red

sadly i'm pretty sure 99% of fans would like to see him play for their clubs... he's a muppet, but he's talented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

sadly i'm pretty sure 99% of fans would like to see him play for their clubs... he's a muppet, but he's talented.

I don't agree. He's not half the player he was at Arsenal and the player that was once the most exciting and attacking fullback in the league, is just a mediocre defender now.

His character and behaviour seems to be indicitive of many of the things wrong with modern football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'm a Chelsea fan and that tackle made me sick to my stomach.

Ninjitsu, kung-fu style tackles like that are an absolute disgrace and he should feel ashamed of himself, especially in the current "climate" as they kept calling it on sky sports.

This was far worse of a tackle than Taylor's> As soon as you throw yourself into the air like that, you have very little control over whats going to happen next.

Worse still, he didn't even have the decency to hold his hands up and say "I was wrong, sorry" and carried on like the spoiled child he is.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No way, i can't stand him.

He has ability but he's a horrible little man, the fiasco over his money transfer aside. I can't stand his sly tackles and constant bickering. A horrible example for any young player.

If you want a good laugh youtube the ashely cole song, as sung by the arsenal fans, cracks me up when it gets to 10 men!

Also on wikipedia it used to say this:

Ashley Cole married Cherly Tweedy recently, he's a homosexual and she's a racist so it's a marriage of convenience.

(but was changed probably due to the slanderous nature of the claim!)

I don't agree. He's not half the player he was at Arsenal and the player that was once the most exciting and attacking fullback in the league, is just a mediocre defender now.

true, he's not what he was at arsenal, but i'm not sure how much that is down to mourinho/grant and his lack of consistent runs in the team. i can still see a team spending 15m+ to bring him in, cos if you got the old ashley cole back he'd be great. for what its worth, gael clichy is now better than cole, but cole is/was/will continue to be a top 4 defender.

lordgoat wrote: »
    No way, i can't stand him.

He has ability but he's a horrible little man, the fiasco over his money transfer aside. I can't stand his sly tackles and constant bickering. A horrible example for any young player.

If you want a good laugh youtube the ashely cole song, as sung by the arsenal fans, cracks me up when it gets to 10 men!

Also on wikipedia it used to say this:

Ashley Cole married Cherly Tweedy recently, he's a homosexual and she's a racist so it's a marriage of convenience.

(but was changed probably due to the slanderous nature of the claim!)

lol... say what you like about ashley, but leave my cheryl out of this! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

He's over-rated. I think Bridge has been as impressive for Chelsea, and that's not saying much. I'd hate him at Liverpool, even though we could use a left back. His attitude stinks.

He's over-rated. I think Bridge has been as impressive for Chelsea, and that's not saying much. I'd hate him at Liverpool, even though we could use a left back. His attitude stinks.

if i had to choose between chimbonda at left back and his attitude or ashley cole at left back and his attitude its not even close... the sooner bale is back the better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I remember during the Cole tap up scandal I likened Cole's actions to cheating on a partner and said I would watch him very closely if I were Cheryl Tweedy because he's obviously not trustworthy. People lambasted me saying, "Not the same thing! Theres no way you can compare the two! They have nothing to do with each other."

Well, look what happened. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Woah if Huttons leg had been planted to the ground and not in the air he woulda been f***ed. How Cole didn't get sent off coupled with his reaction to the booking i dont know, disgraceful.

And also to those people who are always going on about Wenger not seeing things and protecting his players, check out Grants after match interview, they all do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

most hated footballer in the PL? probably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

He's a magestic full back, for Arsenal that was. Hasn't been the same player playing for Chelsea. Still, would love to see him in a United shirt. Him for Arsenal is the only full back I can think better of than Evra for United.

Still, horrid tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

PHB wrote: »
    He's a magestic full back, for Arsenal that was. Hasn't been the same player playing for Chelsea. Still, would love to see him in a United shirt. Him for Arsenal is the only full back I can think better of than Evra for United.

Still, horrid tackle.

I would hate to see him in a Utd shirt, to hell with his footballing ability, no-one bar a few Chelsea die-hards would have respect for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

DSB wrote: »
    Yes because we were all 2nd in line to get Cheryl if he hadn't (insert joke here about how someone on here actually WAS close to bagging her), and Ashley Cole is definitely the only footballer out there with a ride of a girlfriend. Seriously, come off of it.

Didn't he cheat on her recently? The idiot :rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=510273&in_page_id=1773

I think this picture really says it all:

http://im.rediff.com/sports/2006/jul/14cole.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Best part is apparently she's after taking him back. His punishment? No sex for six months. Erm, he doesn't need you for that love.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Galvasean wrote: »
    Best part is apparently she's after taking him back. His punishment? No sex for six months. Erm, he doesn't need you for that love.. :rolleyes:

Could explain his frustrated tackle on hutton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

What I dont understand is why were all the chelski players around the ref?Where they complaining that he gave Cashley a yellow card? If I was the ref I would have given him a straight red and booked most of the Chelsea team. Maybe then players might start to show a bit of respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

PHB wrote: »
    Still, would love to see him in a United shirt.

:eek: <-- tbh.

I think I'd top myself if I saw Ashley Cole in a United shirt. Not only can I not stand the guy, but I wouldn't take him over Evra anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Well like, I think now Evra is probably a better player than Cole, but I think Cole in a United team would be better than he is now for Chelsea, and would just edge Evra.

I've given up on liking players. I can't stand Ferdinand, I'd imagine he could be the most annoying person in the world, but jesus christ, what a player. Sometimes you'll get players you like, players like Scholes, but to be honest, they are hard to find, and its just about player quality for me these days.

Advertisement