Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toasted Pug 106 in Sandyford

Options
  • 11-09-2006 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭

That was my runabout going up in smoke this morning adjacent to the Beacon Hotel in Sandyford. Ooooops :o I guess it goes to show how important it is to get the fuel line changed out on an older car, even if it's running sweetly and has a long time to go on its NCT.

I'd also like to thank the dude who pulled up right behind the car, with his indicator going, waiting for the right turn signal. He gave me a right laugh and the Garda who was waiting with me nearly choked and had to walk off he was that amused. I swear, if my car was still sitting there now, that dude would still be waiting for the lights to change. Thanks for brightening up my otherwise rather dull day if you're reading this! :D

And of course - Fair play to the lads in the big red fun-truck. They were super cool, arriving and dousing the flames and then taking off for breakfast with a grin and a handshake. Sterling work. I enclose a photo....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

ah.......i love the smell of burnt pug in the morning,kinda reminds me to clean my fuel lines.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

That'll probably be me next. Did you start throwing stones at the firemen? I hear it's the latest craze.

What exactly is the fuel line and is it costly to replace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

It'll depend on the car of course but shouldn't cost a whole lot. I had actually replaced it on mine but it's the only thing that I can think would have caused the fire - Either that was leaking or there was a problem with the carb and it overflowed down the back of the manifold.

Anyway....Shhhh happens.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

WIll your NCB be affected? I think many offer fire cover without affecting the NCB

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

Hope you enjoy your firebrigade callout charge. Whats it up to now . I think they bill you for 250 euro or something mad like that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Just called Quinn Direct - Yeah, they'll crease my NCB if I claim. I'll just have to get another one and write this off for spares. Still, 20 thousand miles for a jammer that only cost €700 at the time is not so bad really.

I'll go straight out and get another one too - The new disks, pads and calipers are good, as are 4 new tyres (well, maybe 3) and the self re-con gearbox and new clutch will have survived without any damage from the looks of things. Also has a new Bosal exhaust system so maybe that'll be handy if I find another in need of a bit of tidying

So, if anyone knows of a 3 stud MK-I Pug 106 going for little money, I'll take it. Clean body, White preferred (nobody else wants 'em), no fire damage etc. :D

Advertisement