Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New road safety ad

Options
  • 11-09-2006 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone see these? Not the one with a camera phone....

Its pretty much like a driving instructor video showing you how to turn right etc.
    I think its a great idea.... I hope they do one about roundabouts!!! The last roundabout inident i had was stupid!!

I was driving from Blanch to the little clonsilla roundabout.. you know the one that you can go straight through for the luttrelstown estate or right for clonsilla.
    There are 2 lanes.... obviously according to the rules of the road you go into the left for 1st or second exit... since 1st exit is one way you can only take the 2nd (straight through). Anyway i came up to it a few weeks back.. a woman in front went to the left lane to go straight through... i went to the right as i was going to clonsilla... the idiot though goes right through the roundabout cutting me off.. i beeped at her to let her i know im there and she stopped.. looked around and started screaming at me as if i had done something wrong??

Oh and what is it with people in this country turning single lanes into 2 lanes???? Happens every time heading from Ballycoolin area (blanch corp park) down towards the roundabout that you go straight for clonsilla/Blanch centre, left for N3 or blanch centre or right for Mulhuddart. This is a SINGLE LANE road in all directions and the roundabout is clearly marked single lane and not 2 lanes. You always have drivers driving down the middle of the road to get to the roundabout quicker and not even to turn right at the roundabout to mulhuddart... straight through they go!!! Problem is the road markings have faded so you cant see them well.. They should put a barrier down the middle there so people cant do that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Saruman wrote:
    I was driving from Blanch to the little clonsilla roundabout.. you know the one that you can go straight through for the luttrelstown estate or right for clonsilla.
    There are 2 lanes.... obviously according to the rules of the road you go into the left for 1st or second exit... since 1st exit is one way you can only take the 2nd (straight through). Anyway i came up to it a few weeks back.. a woman in front went to the left lane to go straight through... i went to the right as i was going to clonsilla... the idiot though goes right through the roundabout cutting me off.. i beeped at her to let her i know im there and she stopped.. looked around and started screaming at me as if i had done something wrong??

How in Gods name is that an exit in that case.

The 1st exit is to the Luttrelstown Estate, the second exit to Clonsilla Village. There are only three exits on the roundabout, one to Luttrelstown, one to Clonsilla and one to Blanch (the direction you were coming from). Just becasue there is an one way entry road onto the round about between your entry and the 1st exit you do not count that as a exit.

The woman was 100% correct to use the left lane for the second exit.

I'd advise you parking your car up until you know the rules of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I think the point was that she drove straight across the r'bout; didn't observe lane discipline _on_ the r'bout. They were both in their correct lanes to begin with, and exited where you would expect.

Advertisement