Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Samsung

• 11-09-2006 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi
    I have a LE32R74BDX 32 inch LCD and an HT-THQ25 home entertainment system. Is it possible to get regular TV audio through the home entertainment speakers?
    Any thoughts would be appreciated

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

Hi Fitz,

Yes it is possible and there's a few options.

1) Get 3.5mm Jack to Twin Phono Lead
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=47283&criteria=phono%20to%20RCA&doy=11m9
    This is assuming your Home Theatre System has the RCA Phono input connections. I would assume it does as these are the most common.

2) RCA Phono - RCA Phono
    I think the Samsung TV has RCA Phono output also. They are colour coded ( I think one White and the other is yellow (or Red ??) ) and then connection output from tv to input of Home Theatre.

3) If you have an ntl digital or sky box you can use the output options on thoses boxes and input to the Home Theatre. Optical (Toslink)cable is on all the new ntl and sky boxes

If none of this makes any sense please reply and I'll do my best to be more clear.

Regards

Q

PS welcome to boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

Hi fitz

Yeah its possible,I used method 2 as described by quazzy ( method 3 works also )

I have the same set up as yourself only difference is I have the 40R7,turn off the sound in your TV menu and make sure you have the DVD player set to Aux.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 liquidb

Legion or fitz - Does the HT-THQ25 have an Optical input? I was looking at purchasing this system but its no good to me unless I can use it for my XBOX 360! From what I can determine from the spec's there is no optical in on this system! Can you confirm that? Cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

liquidb wrote:
    Legion or fitz - Does the HT-THQ25 have an Optical input? I was looking at purchasing this system but its no good to me unless I can use it for my XBOX 360! From what I can determine from the spec's there is no optical in on this system! Can you confirm that? Cheers...

Your right liquidb the HT-THQ25 does not have optical out.

Advertisement