Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steak Sandwich

• 11-09-2006 11:59am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a nice peice of steak in the fridge and it'll off if I don't use it up today, don't really feel like having a big roast after work as it will be late when I get home, so I was thinking of making steak sandwiches but haven't done them before... What goes in it apart from the obvious?? Garnishes? Is there a nice sauce I can buy to go in it? etc...

Cheers :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Ok I'm hungry now.

Steak
    Bread
    Ketchup
    Eat.

'tis what I'd do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Steak, horseradish sauce, sliced tomato, coarse salt, coarse pepper. Maybe some lettuce.

Strangely...this is what I had for lunch today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

My personal favourite -
    Pitta bread
    Steak thinly sliced and fried
    Fried peppers and onions
    Apply pepper sauce to own personal taste.
    Consume.
    Tis' lovely.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

bonkey wrote:
    Steak, horseradish sauce, sliced tomato, coarse salt, coarse pepper. Maybe some lettuce.

Strangely...this is what I had for lunch today :)

Cheers.. I shall give that a go :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Errmmm....it just occurred to me...

what I'm describing is a cold steak sandwich.

For a hot steak sandwich, you want to sautee some thinly-sliced onions, maybe with some red/green papper, or some mushrooms if you are a 'shroom person.

Fry your steak, then allow to rest for a few mins, and carve thinly. Much better results than slicing before frying.

I just use plenty of butter in a baguette when I do a hot steak sambo.
    I know ppl who use garlic sauce, mayo, tomato ketchup or YR...whatever floats yer boat really.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Thanks for the tips guys...

What I ended up doing was... Fried the strips of steak with mushrooms, red peppers and some onions and put them on baguetts with mayo and topped with sweet onion relish... Twas quite tasty :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Dijon mustard is a must on a steak sandwhich. Fry the onions until soft in a little butter as well. I know what I'm having for dinner tonight.

Advertisement