Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irishman wins PDPA event

• 11-09-2006 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭

Well done to Mick McGowan on his victory in the Ireland Open Classic. Pretty much everyone was in attendance apart from the 5 who took part in the WDT in Holland.

McGowan beat Steve Beaton, Terry Jenkins, Lionel Sams and James Wade to make the final. There he demolished Kevin Painter 7-0 to pick up the €4,000 winners cheque. (He had a cushion of at least 3 legs in every game he played).

Well done Mick!

Full results here:
    http://www.pdpa.co.uk/news/Elverys_Irish_Classic/ElverysIrish.htm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Was at the darts over the weekend and Mick McGowen played some stuff yesterday to win the event fair play to him he is not far from a place in the top 32 now, got to play on the stage myself last night (first time!!) as we won the 5 a side event tell ya its a nerve recking experience, Setanta were filiming the games yesterday our game included:eek: and hightlights will be showen in a few weeks I will let you know on here when it is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Some people not too happy with the way the Irish Classic is run!!

(from another forum)
    Seems like the Ireland event was run as absymally as it normally is with no respect being showed to any players.

Time seems to mean nothing there and 3 and a half hours wait between quarter finals and semis, the reason to play an inhouse pub knockout !!!!!

Next year cannot come quick enough when PDC/PDPA are in attendance at every ranked event, cant wait to see the back of the likes of the Dutch, the Belgium, and the Irish run events which are run by complete amateurs.

At last Pro players will be able to play in Pro events, knowing that times mean everything, and when they are told semis at 4pm, it means 4pm and not 7.30pm.............

Pro players deserve Pro organisers.

Bull:mad: the final of the 5 man team event was over pretty quickly as we won the game 5-2 and the format was 1 leg of 701 I would say it was wraped up in 40-50 mins max, fook the begrudgers it was a great trill for the two teams to play on the stage, 32 5 a side teams took part in it as well (and all games exept the Final were played on the Friday) so it was well supported, BTW what fourm did you take that off?? 3 and a half hours my eye:rolleyes:

Highlights of this tournment are on Setanta on:
    Thursday 28th @ 11.00pm,
    Friday 29th @ 9.25pm,
    Saturday 30th @ 4.00pm.
    Worth watching as Mick played some exellent darts just hope they don't show my interview with Setanta:o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Good stuff. Must give it a watch

• Advertisement

Anyone watch this last night? Terrible camera work but it was good to see coverage of it anyway I'm sure they will learn from their mistakes!!

Advertisement