Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much would I get for my Civic

Options
  • 11-09-2006 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

96 3 door.
    1.6i (was a 96 1.4i but dropped a 2000 model with 70K 1.6i into her engine has done about 100K now)
    Straight through exhaust (Stealth)
    Quickshift gearbox
    a'pexi ECU
    Performance manifold
    Kenwood Amp, speakers and Sub head unit (bought in 2000).
    17" Oz's
    License plate relocated to left Bumper and filled in the hole whe it used to be for clean finish.
    Small Front Lip and small sides modded
    Type-R Headlights
    Eyebrows.

I'm thinking about 3K but I know the mods mean FA when selling her on.
    Just looking for opinions as to how much i'd get for her (A nice Type S Prelude is looking good atm).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Depends on a few bits,are you using a different gearbox altogether or a shortshifter gear stick?

What apexi ecu are you using?That along could be taken out and sold for a few quid,likewise the manifold and ice.If your selling for 3k with said mod's then it seems fair enough,if you took them off and sold it as standard i reckon you'd make more overall

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭dub_dan

96 civics hatchbacks should get more than 3k for a good condition one, what about service history etc....? Fire up a few pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

layke wrote:
    96 3 door.
    1.6i (was a 96 1.4i but dropped a 2000 model with 70K 1.6i into her engine has done about 100K now)
    Straight through exhaust (Stealth)
    Quickshift gearbox
    a'pexi ECU
    Performance manifold
    Kenwood Amp, speakers and Sub head unit (bought in 2000).
    17" Oz's
    License plate relocated to left Bumper and filled in the hole whe it used to be for clean finish.
    Small Front Lip and small sides modded
    Type-R Headlights
    Eyebrows.

I'm thinking about 3K but I know the mods mean FA when selling her on.
    Just looking for opinions as to how much i'd get for her (A nice Type S Prelude is looking good atm).

Is it a jap? Apexi ecu's dont go cheap, and is generally a good mod on the likes of a modified SiR. is it a vtec? If so, 3k is waaaay to cheap.. But strange to have such mods on a non vtec..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Well basically it has been serviced by the previous owner was a Honda Ireland employee so it has a stamped history up until 3 years ago when I got it then by the tuning factory.

It's a non V-tec (1.6i) and the reason it's so done up is because when your 18 and can't afford a Vtec (insurance woes) this was the best you could do :) Imentioned also it has a 1.6i droped into her, originally a 1.4i.

Tbh if i'm selling it I just want the whole lot gone. Good advice but I really don't want to be chasing people to buy bits off it and leave screw holes where everything is nailed down. I just couldn't do that to her.

Oh yeah I forgot, it has a Clifford alarm too.

I'll look at the apexi model tomorrow. It's late and my bed is calling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

Im impressed with the spec... Perfect car for a engine swop. I wouldnt let it go for under 4.5k. btw, the lads that serviced this car are friends of mine and I asked them about it. They said the engine is in VERY good condition. Good buy and good luck with the sale mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

The reality is when you invest so much in a car you rarely get it back when selling :(

Hope you get a daycent price tho boss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

layke wrote:
    (A nice Type S Prelude is looking good atm).

Why don't ya just buy my ITR?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Hi i seen the car in the other thread. Nice car.
    Any chance of a few more pics? Side and back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

any pics available and what price are you trying to sell it for

Advertisement