Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training this week

Options
  • 11-09-2006 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

Anything planned for training this week or is there a chance of a friendly?

Light is fading very fast so I reckon we'd be best playing under floodlights - if we use an astro pitch it'd also give us some much needed practice on that surface.

When does the league start cos I defo think we should play at least one friendly (even if its 11 v 11 amongst ourselves) on astro before we play in the league.

If we are gonna play in the phoenix park we should say whoever can make it be ready to play at 6.30 or 6.45, that way things will be in full flow by 7 giving us about an hour of light, though an hour's not much time to sort all the stuff we need.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yeah we need a plan of action for this week, whether it's a friendly or just training. Important everyone knows early to make arrangements for being there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Work comittments this week mean I can't leave until 6.30, so I'll be arriving to the usual training late.

So it's the same plan as last week? Monument at 7? It's gettin pretty dark now....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

sure everyone knows where the gaa pitch is now right?

just meet theres ready to start at 7?

el rabitos wrote:
    sure everyone knows where the gaa pitch is now right?

just meet theres ready to start at 7?

Meetin at the gaa pitch is probably best but light is a problem. It's not even 7.45pm and it's almost too dark to play. Kicking off at 6.30pm gets my vote. Or an astro alternative if we have one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Its 7.45 now and its almost too dark to play.

Ya'll shoulda turned up on Sunday :p

I dont mind just getting 45min kick about going.

A) 7.00pm kick off
    B) 6.45pm kick off

I dont mind. Either way we'll have to be up there before 7.

We definitely need a friendly of some sort whether it's this week or next week. League starts in a fortnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I still in Denmark so no idea what the story is on freindly situation.

kdjac

Ok looks like no game this week.

Des will be running late so I'll make my first captain's decision :D and say that we meet at half 6 at the gaa pitch and get going straight away.

Xavi6 wrote:
    Ok looks like no game this week.

Des will be running late so I'll make my first captain's decision :D and say that we meet at half 6 at the gaa pitch and get going straight away.
    Good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

What the earliest time everyone can make it on a daily basis just out of curiousity? At the moment I can make any time. Do the rest of you have 9-5ers/6ers or what and how long would it take to get to it from work/home?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i'm free anytime at the moment

I dont know till I start back college. But I presume Ill be home at 6ish

But we wont be training on Thursday when the league starts up. Sunday could
    be the training day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

i'm in work till 530 every day, except the odd one day a month when i'm in till a little later but i've only just started so i dunno what the story is yet.

but sure its not like ye need me fainting on the sidelines anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Means missing the Derry match but I'll get it taped or something. I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I work in consulting so can't say what time I can get out till that time arrives, but I make a big effort to get out on time on Thursdays for this (work late other days to make up for it if I have to), but there's no way I can leave the office before 6 so even getting there for 6.30 is a stretch, but reckon that's the time we'd want to be aiming for this week so the majority can be playing by 6.45.

Des - whaddya reckon about taking a few minutes after it gets too dark to play to run through the basics like throw-ins, corners and system kinda stuff - too dangerous to play ball at that stage but we could probably just about make out what we're doing amongst the shadows?

Would there be interest in getting an 11v11 of some sorts going on Sunday (maybe round 4pm?) - even if its just the 17/18 we normally get plus a few mates or randomers could be worthwhile, just my coupla cents worth.

just thinkin - saw the forecast and it ain't pretty so astro might be the way to go this week cos they might call off play in the phoenix

just thinkin - saw the forecast and it ain't pretty so astro might be the way to go this week cos they might call off play in the phoenix

No ones gonna stop us playin there on a Thursday night.

I think it's too short notice now on Tuesday to be changing the venue and expect people to pay money for a new one. These things needed to be sorted a week in advance i.e. if we want to play on astro next week then it needs to be decided on by those at training on Thursday.

Great 6.30 at the GAA pitch. Would be nice if the thread title was edited to suit
    the captains decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I won't be there this week, picked up a knee injury Sunday playing for my club, nothing serious, be back next week hopefully, although Ryder cup traffic could cause me hassle.

So can we get an Astro pitch organised for next week??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 kaizersoze1

I'll be there at 6:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

I'll be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

I'll be there at 6:30

^^
    That was me, forgot to log off one of my other "aliases" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'll be there, won't make it for 6.30 but will be there soon as I can.

L5 wrote:
    ^^
    That was me, forgot to log off one of my other "aliases" :p

oh thats it!

/me gets out the perma ip ban stick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Spaco

I'll try and be there for 6.30 depends on when I finish work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'll be there too. Hopefully around 6:30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Hopefully the weather clears up a bit before tomorrow :eek:

I won't be there if it's raining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Hi lads - I sent KdjaCL a pm yesterday to ask what that story is with this team - is the squad list closed or are you looking for players? What does training involve?

Advertisement