Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training this week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

If it continues to rain I don't think there is much point in playing in the park, the ground will be hopeless and we'll just be risking injury. Is there an alternative astro venue thats convenient to all? Or a pub for the Derry match? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

joker77 wrote:
    Hi lads - I sent KdjaCL a pm yesterday to ask what that story is with this team - is the squad list closed or are you looking for players? What does training involve?

Don't think it's a closed squad until the €100's are all paid up! Training is a kick around at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

L5 wrote:
    Training is a kick around at the minute.

Yeah but that's really gonna have to change. League's only two weeks away!

And now that I mention it, are we even in a league yet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is training tomorrow still going ahead regardless of weather? Any weather suits me but if the rest of you aren't going to turn up I'd like to know because I'm sacrificing going to Wexford tomorrow to come to training.

• Advertisement

Yeah it's still on. Only a drop of water. No one has really posted saying they arent going so looking at a good turn out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

No sooner have you posted that before i tell you that i might not be there, getting those stitches out of the hand later so its up in the air and how busy the doc's are if ill make it or not.

I'll do it at the sideline for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Show some dedication Simon and pull them stitches out yourself!! :)

Its a f***ing gorgeous day! My arms are getting burnt here sitting at the PC.
    What liar mentioned rain...I bet he heard that off that egit off TV3 weather. He
    spends more time looking and crapping on about pictures and b-days than the
    weather. /rant

weathertn0.jpg

Just give it time!

• Advertisement

Reds and blues again tonight if possible lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Spaco

How about white and navy???? I won;t be sent home if i don't have a red jersey, will I?

Nah, bring whatever you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

i'm going to come down this eveing for a kickaround to see how it goes.
    can someone post some direction on where you'll be training in the phoenix?
    I have been down there a few times but just in case..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I have to say, the weather gods have been very kind to us this past five weeks ( :eek: it's been that long ) with regards to Thursday nights.

Of course now that I've brought this to their attention, we can expect a biblical deluge later. :rolleyes:

seansouth wrote:
    Of course now that I've brought this to their attention, we can expect a biblical deluge later. :rolleyes:

Get the Ark ready.
    MrJones wrote:
    i'm going to come down this eveing for a kickaround to see how it goes.
    can someone post some direction on where you'll be training in the phoenix?
    I have been down there a few times but just in case..

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/gaaptich.JPG

Spaco wrote:
    How about white and navy???? I won;t be sent home if i don't have a red jersey, will I?
    MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Nah, bring whatever you can.
    Er....who made you the manager :D

RED and BLUE ONLY please. :D

Someone brought a few spare jerseys last week, can you do the same, whoever you were.

Mark / Neil I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭MrJones

nice one.

seansouth wrote:
    Er....who made you the manager :D

sulk.jpg

Dropped tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Lads - anyone got any advice on sneaky ways to get to the Phoenix Park from the IFSC?

Don't fancy heading down the South Quays, mental traffic

joker77 wrote:
    Lads - anyone got any advice on sneaky ways to get to the Phoenix Park from the IFSC?

Number 90 bus leaves you at Heuston, then walk for five mins to the park.

That's how I get there, that or the Luas to Heuston, but the Luas is worse than the Calcutta buses tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

joker77 wrote:

The Daniel Day from Connelly to Heuston is probably best.

Shane (roddy23) wont be there today as he has the flu. He's hopeful to make it on Sunday though:)

Cheers Seansouth and Emc2 - I'm in the car though so have to either drive, or else get back to the IFSC later to pick it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

You could try heading towards the back gates to the park but not sure if this would be less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

for anyone who can't figure out the map - we're playing on the gaa pitch directly behind the cricket pitch, that should be an easy landmark to find

seansouth wrote:
    Dropped tbh.

placard.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Good training session last night! :)

Although we gotta stop the slide tackling.

I ended up in DCU getting x-rays on my leg afterwards. Its not broke but there is
    severe swelling on the inside of my shin. On on crutches until I can hold my own
    weight. Gotta head back to the clinic today so they can find out what to do.
    Looks like RICE at the moment.

Needless to say, I wont be playing my footy match tonight or footy in general
    for a lil while. :( Ah this s**t happens and im just happy its not broke/fractured.

• Advertisement

Thought the teams should have been changed around when the goals started going in, the Reds had a stronger team plus an extra man, there's not much to gain for anyone in that situation. You might say it was shooting practice for the lads up front playing for the Reds, but what's the use in that when most of the time it was 5 v 4, that situation isn't going to happen very often in a match.

Sorry to hear you had to get an x-ray BlackWizard, that sounds nasty seeing you're now on crutches. Have to say though - I thought most of the time lads were pulling out of tackles rather than getting stuck in, suppose it was just one of those things?

Advertisement