Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Very Own Get Fit Diary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Just a teeny addition. Something very weird, very strange and very startling has been happening.

I have started to make a few friends (through friends of friends etc) at the gym and, well, I don't know how to say this........................................

Sometimes, just sometimes, well, I kinda look forward to going!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,234 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Now make sure that you're not becoming one of the gym bunnies who goes to the gym and exercises her gob for more time than her body, but having a few people to chat to in the gym is a good thing.

When you'll really know you're hooked is when you start looking forward to the DOMS. ;)

http://www.fitday.com/webfit/publicjournals.html?Owner=Mrs%5FDoyle

I set this up today (thanks for the tipp off G'em!)

So you can all poke holes in my diet now :)

ALREADY POSTED IN FITNESS FORUM, JUST KEEPING MY LOG UP TO DATE.
    OK, so I went shopping last night and here's what I bought:

1 Loaf of High Fibre Brown Bread
    1 pkt Mixed Nuts and Raisins
    6 Tomatoes
    1 little bundle of scallions
    10 Mandarin Oranges
    6 Pears
    4 pkts Wholegrain Rice
    2 Chicken Fillets
    4 Turkey Breasts
    Pasta
    3 tins Tuna
    2 tins of Beans
    2 tins of sweetcorn
    1 jar korma sauce (healthy living variety)
    1 jar of Chicken tonight (diet option)
    6 Large Eggs
    1 pkt Muesli

I think that's everything, cost me over €50

So that's my hoard anyhow.

Made up a chicken Korma last night, using the wholegrain rice, and it was absolutely gorgeous. Lets just hope every meal is as appetising.

Oh and when I was finished making it I realised it I had made far too much for one sitting, so I stuck half of it into a storage box and put it in the freezer, check me out!

OMG I dunno what I did differently at the gym last night but I hurt- everywhere!!

OK that's an exaggeration but my thighs are killing me and I must have pulled something in my back as it is so bloody sore.
    My left shoulder blade feels like someone danced on it.

Oh, poor me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Pain is temporary, quitting is forever.

Some types of pain are actually good and others are bad. Did you do something differently or do you really think you've done some damage?

Pain is temporary, quitting is forever.

Some types of pain are actually good and others are bad. Did you do something differently or do you really think you've done some damage?
    I don't think I have done any permanent damage. For some reason I just couldn't manage the shoulder press last night.
    I was only pushing 5kg so I don't know what went wrong.
    I am supposed to do 3 x 20 but was really struggling after 1 x 20 and 1 x 10, so I gave up and moved to the lateral pull instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

It sounds like your experiencing DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). After your very first workout on a particuler muscle group, they'll last from about 3-7 days.

Once you've got over the initial DOMS, they'll last for only a day or two for subsequent workouts of that muscle group. They're good pain.

How did you do the lateral pull? Sitting straight or leaning back? Did you pull it behind your neck or in front of your chest?

Kenny 5 wrote:
    It sounds like your experiencing DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). After your very first workout on a particuler muscle group, they'll last from about 3-7 days.

Once you've got over the initial DOMS, they'll last for only a day or two for subsequent workouts of that muscle group. They're good pain.

How did you do the lateral pull? Sitting straight or leaning back? Did you pull it behind your neck or in front of your chest?

Sitting straight up and pulling in front of my chest, why?

Just wondering, ya might have been doing it wrong.

If you feel you can't get the 10 reps, go till you can't no more so you might end up getting 7/8.

• Advertisement

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Just wondering, ya might have been doing it wrong.

If you feel you can't get the 10 reps, go till you can't no more so you might end up getting 7/8.
    Well I am usually OK-ish. I mean I struggle a bit but I get there.
    Right now the pain is up the left side of my back, from my lower back , I actually can't turn to look over my left shoulder without it really hurting.

I took a dip in the pool after the gym, nothing strenuous, thought it might loosen me up but it doesn't seem to have worked at all.

Ah anyhow, pain aside, I was just looking back through some old snaps, and couldn't help but notice the very obvious change in my shape (for the worse), if only I had have noticed it at the time, I might have been able to do more about it......*sigh* :(

Ah well, onwards and upwards, and all that jazz!! :p

I always thought you had a great arse ;)

Hey, hey!!!

Check it out! In the first post of this thread I attached a picture of my old jeans (my goal jeans) and my new jeans.

Well guess what...... a few months ago I couldn't get those goal jeans up over my thighs, and now, well admittedly, they are pretty tight, but I can actually manage to zip them up!

I reckon if I can drop another 7lbs, those jeans will be the perfect fit - at long last!!!!

Hoooooooray! I am absolutely delighted! (Hence all the exclamation marks:D )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

wow cngratulations. well done.

wow cngratulations. well done.

Thanks!

My mam told me I looked like I had lost a bit of weight. I wasn't weighing myself, cos I was afraid that if I did, and didn't see the loss I was hoping for, that I might give up.

So I decided to give the jeans a try instead, shock of all shock, they actually zipped up.
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Wow, well done Mrs Doyle! Once you can comfortabley fit into them you're going to have to give yourself a new goal (it'lll keep you motivated!). Any thoughts yet?

r3nu4l wrote:
    Wow, well done Mrs Doyle! Once you can comfortabley fit into them you're going to have to give yourself a new goal (it'lll keep you motivated!). Any thoughts yet?
    Mmmm, well those jeans are a size 10, and have been my goal jeans for a long time now, so I would be truly delighted for them to fit me comfortably once again.

However, once I get into them, my next goal will be to tone up my tummy and achieve some muscle definition. I would love to have the kind of tummy I could show off and be proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Delighted for you, though I always thought that you had a good figure to begin with - well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Fair play Mrs Doyle, nice to see another person putting all the good intentions into practice and reaping the rewards. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Congratulations Mrs Doyle, looking good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Didn't think much until I saw the jeans compared side by side. Nice one

congrats missus :)

I had an accident about 10 days ago, (said accident involved me, a man hole and, appearance wise, was startlingly similar to something you might see in a Tom and Gerry cartoon!) anyhow, said accident left me with some pretty bashed up legs, so I didn't go to the gym at all..................

Until yesterday!

It is amazing how quick your body forgets how to work out.

Last nights work out absolutely killed me, it was like starting from scratch all over again.

happened to me last week as i hadn't done yoga in two weeks

hamstring injury ouch!

Gonna go back to the gym tonight, just do a light work out, similar to yesterdays.
    Enough to break a sweat, but not enough to kill me.
    Just wanna ease myself back into the normal regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

How did the gym go? Aches and pains today?

I'm seriously impressed by your achievement. I've fallen off the wagon in the last week so I'm going back to the gym tomorrow!

r3nu4l wrote:
    How did the gym go? Aches and pains today?

I'm seriously impressed by your achievement. I've fallen off the wagon in the last week so I'm going back to the gym tomorrow!
    Thanks, that means a lot.
    I'm a bit achey today alright. My legs are fairly sore.

I'm booking a summer holiday, for the first week in June, and I would love to have the following measurements by then:

CHEST - 36 (38 when measured last month)
    WAIST - 28/29 (30.5 when measured last month)
    HIPS - 36 ( 37 when measured last month)

My bra's are too big for me! Sounds like a funny thing to get excited about, but I could do with losing an inch or two from my bust.

Here, Here for the boob reduction :D

• Advertisement

Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    Here, Here for the boob reduction :D

Not sure your bf will like that ;)

Congrats on the progress so far, keep it going.

Advertisement