Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Very Own Get Fit Diary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Ha ha! I wear a DD bra, so even if I drop to a Dcup, they will still be fairly big :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Covenline

Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    Ha ha! I wear a DD bra, so even if I drop to a Dcup, they will still be fairly big :p

Any chance of a pic? We could give you a second opinion:D

Hey guys,

So some of you might remember I posted a pic here in March (which was deleted about 10mins after it was posted :o ).

Well I had started to feel a bit of a difference in my clothes, so I thought I would slip into the auld polka dot bikini once more, and take a picture for comparison.

I have attached the March and May pics here. To me it looks as if my waist is actually bigger now then it was 2 months ago, but I am hoping that's because I've lost a bit of weight off my hips, so maybe my waist just doesn't looks as small by comparison anymore???

P.S Only 2.5 weeks till my holidays, wonder if I could drop another few pounds/inches before I go away?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,234 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

A very noticeable improvement Mrs Doyle!

You're right on the weightloss from your hips has changed your waist/hips ratio. For the better imho. :)

Keep up the good work!

• Advertisement

Sleepy wrote:
    A very noticeable improvement Mrs Doyle!

You're right on the weightloss from your hips has changed your waist/hips ratio. For the better imho. :)

Keep up the good work!

Thanks a million!

It has been a very slow and steady process, with a fair few relapses, but I'm starting to notice a change now (at long last).

I'm kinda raging I didn't take a picture back at Christmas, as I was at my heaviest then, and it would have been a great basis for comparrison.

Please God I'll take another snap in July and it will contain some more positive changes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Quite a noticeable difference Mrs D. Keep it up but don't over so it ok

To pull an only 1 out of the bag

schwing.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

wow, well done so far!! you're doing a great job! Definately a noticeable difference!! keep it up!! :)

Thanks again :o:p

Ya know, I was kinda hoping for a bigger change, and for it to happen faster, but I guess this way is actually best.

I can't remember the last time I actually ate a slice of bread, or a roll, and I don't even miss the stuff at all.

I know its clichéd, but it really is all about changing your lifestyle.

I have changed by eating and drinking habits bit by bit, and I have increased by exercise, and slowly, but surely, its paying off.

I'm glad I didn't crash diet, or fad diet, because I know that once the diet was over I would have gone right back to my old habits.

As it stands, I really do feel like I have a diet and exercise regime that I can, and will maintain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Hi Mrs. Doyle,

I've been looking at your posts for a while an your doing great :)

I'm the same kind of figure as you, top heavy with slim hips, and Ive one Q..where did you get that bikini?! I find it really hard to get decent bikinis as they're all designed for pear shapes an have little or no support.

Oh and hey well done, your progress is very motivating :)

• Advertisement

G86 wrote:
    Hi Mrs. Doyle,

I've been looking at your posts for a while an your doing great :)

I'm the same kind of figure as you, top heavy with slim hips, and Ive one Q..where did you get that bikini?! I find it really hard to get decent bikinis as they're all designed for pear shapes an have little or no support.

Oh and hey well done, your progress is very motivating :)
    Ha, lol, thanks very much. I got it in warehouse. The top is a size bigger then the bottoms.

They have some lovely bikinis in there, and you can buy tops and bottoms separately, so its ideal for top heavy girlies like us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    Thanks again :o:p

Ya know, I was kinda hoping for a bigger change, and for it to happen faster, but I guess this way is actually best.

I can't remember the last time I actually ate a slice of bread, or a roll, and I don't even miss the stuff at all.

I know its clichéd, but it really is all about changing your lifestyle.

I have changed by eating and drinking habits bit by bit, and I have increased by exercise, and slowly, but surely, its paying off.

I'm glad I didn't crash diet, or fad diet, because I know that once the diet was over I would have gone right back to my old habits.

As it stands, I really do feel like I have a diet and exercise regime that I can, and will maintain.

It's a great feeling though isn't it?? When you don't crave those kind of foods any more (carbs were always my enemy!!)and find yourself snacking on healthy foods instead!!

Good work again on all the positive changes you've made!! :):)

Malteaser! wrote:
    It's a great feeling though isn't it?? When you don't crave those kind of foods any more (carbs were always my enemy!!)and find yourself snacking on healthy foods instead!!

Good work again on all the positive changes you've made!! :):)
    My biggest motivator at the moment is my vanity.
    Every time someone compliments me on my changed appearance I just wanna hop on the treadmill :p

Although I seem to have lost an inch or two, here and there, I've only actually lost 7lbs.

I can see some body changes, although not as many as I'd like, and my weight loss seems to have stalled.

For the last week I have been trying the Special K diet, in a bid to fast track the weight loss in the run up to my holidays, but I have barely lost a pound.

I'm still going to the gym, so why haven't I lost any weight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    For the last week I have been trying the Special K diet, [...] so why haven't I lost any weight?

Isn't that where you eat a bowl in the morning and one in the evening and then one other meal in the day? :(

Isn't that where you eat a bowl in the morning and one in the evening and then one other meal in the day? :(
    Yeah, and I've been drinking plenty of water.

Now before anyone gives out to me, I know this diet could never work long term.

I had planned on just doing the 2 weeks (this is the 2nd week) as I am going away next week.

I am really disappointed, my friend is doing the very same diet and dropped 8lbs in the first week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    Yeah, and I've been drinking plenty of water.

Now before anyone gives out to me, I know this diet could never work long term.

I had planned on just doing the 2 weeks (this is the 2nd week) as I am going away next week.

I am really disappointed, my friend is doing the very same diet and dropped 8lbs in the first week!!

Two things:

(1) That "diet" is based on research done on people with a BMI over 25, it's not a general plan.

(2) Your friend lost about 7lbs of water and will put it back on as soon as she starts eating normally again. If her stomach looks flatter, it's probably because she has less food in it, and has lost the bloated look due to water loss.

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring..... and while he was snoring I had a Chicken and Bacon Panini and a bar of chocolate! :eek: :eek:

Oooopsie!

On the up side, that's my first slip up in a long time, and it was only cos I'm tired, over worked, broke and fed up :o

• Registered Users Posts: 24,234 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Mrs_Doyle, try not to focus on weight. I'm the exact same weight I was two months ago despite knocking nearly 2 inches off my waist in that time. When you lift weights your muscles develop. Generally speaking when men's muscles develop they get noticeably bigger, in women they don't but they still get heavier. You may not be seeing the difference on the scales but that's to be expected. Your body fat percentage is lowering (i.e you have less fat tissue) but your muscles aren't. You need to look at this the other way around: although you've only lost 7lbs (a meaningless figure), you've lost two inches and fit into your skinny jeans!

The Special K diet is just like all those other 'short-term' diets, it won't have any positive lasting effects though more than likely it will have a negative impact on your metabolism. Also, since it's a diet rather than a nutrition plan (i.e. short term rather than lifestyle change) it's most likely the reason you slipped and had the junk food.

If your progress is stalling (which it will, the inital losses are always the easiest), up your work-load (i.e. the weight of the dumbbells you're using) or modify your gym program. The body gets used to a programme if you're doing the same thing in the gym every time you go in. I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable posters than me would be happy to help you work out a new program in the main forum.

Finally - try to remember, you didn't put on the extra weight quickly, it won't come off much quicker than you put it on. You're looking great and you can see the difference yourself in your photos/the clothes that fit you. Keep putting the work in and you'll keep seeing an image in the mirror that you're happier and happier with.

Wow, its been almost a year since I posted to this thread.
    Well, I'm just shy of a stone lighter then I was when I started the thread, and I'm sure I'm a few inches smaller all around.
    My lost weight for a while, then I started a new job, which was more physically demanding then my last job, and my break times are more structured too, so my weight kinda stabilised, and so far, I've been pretty happy with that.
    However, I recently got engaged, and the impending wedding has given me the motivation I need to loose another stone.

This time around my weight loss plan is a little more straight forward. I'm gonna watch what I eat, drink plenty of water, and I am considering using the Weight Watchers Point system as a guideline.

On the fitness end of things I'm thinking of starting out with an hour long walk everyday, and just build up from there.

So that's it, once I press 'Submit Reply' the weight loss plan begins :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Great to hear it Mrs. Doyle! You were an inspiration last time, you can do it again! :)

/oh and congrats to you and connundurumumununn... :D

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Great to hear it Mrs. Doyle! You were an inspiration last time, you can do it again! :)

/oh and congrats to you and connundurumumununn... :D

Hey hey! Thanks a Million!

I can remember starting this diary, way back when, and initially I was looking for a short cut to success. When nothing happened, I got myself into a rut, and felt there was just no hope for me.
    I would be good Monday to Friday, and binge at the weekends.

This time around though, I am in a totally different place.

I feel good, I feel positive, and I feel like anything is possible. I am not looking to drop a stone in 5 minutes. I am happy to take my time with it, and do it gradually.

Anyhow, that's enough of my motivational mishmash :o Lets just see how it goes, shall we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Hey Mrs_Doyle,

Congrats on the weight loss and the engagement.

I thought I might give you this link http://www.bupa.co.uk/health_information/html/healthy_living/lifestyle/exercise/running/beginner/programme.html

I've been using it the past 6weeks now and have been very impressed with myself. I had never done any running/jogging before in my life. I'm also enjoying it which is something I never thought would happen haha :) The biggest expensive is getting a really good pair of running shoes.

I'm going to start on the 10km one when I've the one above finished.

A

My Dad noticed that I've lost weight. Now I don't know what your Dad's are like, but believe me when I tell ya that him noticing me losing a few pounds means I seriously must be doing something right.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Congrats & good luck!

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm supposed to be preparing for a MAJOR interview, and all I've done all morning is doss online and EAT! EAT! EAT!

I've already had 2 pop tarts and a Bacon sandwich!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Its not even 12 o Clock yet!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

try sugar free chewing gum.

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!

I am attaching a picture of the 'GOAL JEANS', from the very first post in this thread, and another picture of me wearing those very same jeans today.

I reckon I'm almost there :):):)

picture from first post on this thread.jpg

goal jeans.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Mrs_Doyle wrote: »
    Hey!!!!!!!!!!!

I am attaching a picture of the 'GOAL JEANS', from the very first post in this thread, and another picture of me wearing those very same jeans today.

I reckon I'm almost there :):):)

picture from first post on this thread.jpg

goal jeans.JPG

Nice one!!

You're lookin very trim in that photo. What's your diet like these days?

• Advertisement

celestial wrote: »
    Nice one!!

You're lookin very trim in that photo. What's your diet like these days?

AH hell of a lot better then it used to be:)

Just re-reading the first post on this thread kinda made me laugh.
    The types of food I was consuming, and actually considering to be appropriate for weight loss.... ha, how uneducated was I?

I had always heard talk of the key to successful weight loss being a change in lifestyle.

Now I know what that means.

I was food obsessed in te beginning, but now I realise I don't have to be hungry or deprive myself to lose weight I just need to chose the right things.

I ALWAYS have breakfast now! Something I didn't do before.
    I'll try to prepare lunch, etc, the night before, but on the days that I don't do this, I know what foods to chose from when I get to the restaurant in work.
    I haven't stopped snacking, I've just swapped my old snacks for fruits, or yogurts, etc.
    I try to drink as much water as possible, and I have about 5 girls in work programmed to remind me to make sure I get 2 litres in per day.

I try to squeeze in at least 45mins of walking a day. This has played a huge part in toning my thighs, hips and bum.

My main concern now is my arms, and upper body.

I would love to find a clever way of toning up these areas and combine it with my daily routine.

These days it doesn't even feel like I'm on a diet, and I certainly never feel deprived. If I really want a MacDonalds, I'll go for it. Funny thing is, I rarely even want it anymore.

Advertisement