Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is BT's billing system still s#!+e?

Options
  • 11-09-2006 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

I'm looking into signing up for the BT Broadband and Total Talk package for €45 per month. I've read quite a few reports of f*ck ups with BT's billing system with various people being overcharged or not charged at all.

Have BT resolved this in anyway? Also, can anyone give me any advice or do's/don'ts before I sign up to this package?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The big difference between old skool BT Ireland and BT Ireland nowadays is that they have a complaints department that fixes cockups when they do happen and does so fairly sharpish.

My cold cloying fear of BT Billing and customer service is not what it was for years and years ....until about June 2006 actually.

Register a username and sign up online , check the online billing options are ON in to get the best deals. Not a cs in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

short and simple answer, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

ghost26ie wrote:
    short and simple answer, yes.
    Yes, BT has resolved this or Yes, BT's billing system still s#!+e?

It's working for me. It's working for the people that went with BT on my recommendation.

I'd say go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Trumps

I can't imagine that they have improved at all ? I am paying a monthly payment to cover the year when BT forgot to bill me, but I'm still getting demand letters telling me to pay in full or my service will be disconnected. ! Seems like Credit Control doesn't know what Billing is doing, or vise versa. ? They have also now started 'dropping' bills again and the last two billing periods are missing from my account !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I dont know if I can say the service is bad or not - I joined over 6 months ago and have not recieved a bill yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Traumadoc wrote:
    I dont know if I can say the service is bad or not - I joined over 6 months ago and have not recieved a bill yet.

Trauma seems quite appropriate then:) Have they actually debited your account yet?

Advertisement