Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else get a gas bill 'estimated' as zero?

Options
  • 11-09-2006 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭

I've just logged on to pay the gas bill I got a few weeks ago, which I never looked at properly until now. The present and previous readings are both estimated, and they're both the same. So my estimated gas used is zero.

They do have a number to ring in your meter reading, which will then be used for your next bill. But that's due the end of October, and gas is going up 34% from October 1. And as far as I remember last time they charged all units on the first bill after the increase at the new rate. Which leaves me a bit suspicious about the timing of the mistake.

Or maybe I'm being paranoid. Just wonder if anyone else has received any vastly underestimated gas bills recently. In the meantime I'm getting on to them to rectify the situation, as there's no way I'm paying for the last two months gas usage at the new rate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Last time I updated them with a correct reading, after their estimate, I got a bill the following week.

I didn't think they waited until the next bill cycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭rondjon

Did you actually use gas in the intervening period? I've had 4+ months of no usage and they're estimating my bills towards 0 by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

should i put in a high reading now to cover me over the winter period?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Personally I would just put in the actual reading and put your money in the bank for the winter period. They do have a payment option where they average your bill over the entire year, however, so that you pay roughly the same winter and summer, you might want to look at that.

Advertisement