Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Egg smell from cold water tap

Options
  • 11-09-2006 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi, there is a weird smell of egg from the cold water tap on the sink in my bathroom. Anyone else had this and or know how to stop it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

You may want to have a look in your attic and make sure there's nothing in the water tank. Bring a torch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

and some gloves...don't touch the fibre glass insulation with bare hands if its sitting on the lid of the tank. Oh yes...make sure you at least have a lid on your tank!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

I wouldn't go up there by myself either. Sounds like the perfect makings for a horror movie. You go up and there's some sort of blood sucking water creature in the tank which pulls you in!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Greystreets

Thanks for the tips ! If you don't hear from me on this forum again then I am probably laying face down in the water tank :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭leaba

Could someone please check this guys water tank?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

Hi, there is a weird smell of egg from the cold water tap on the sink in my bathroom. Anyone else had this and or know how to stop it?
    Hate to say it it sounds like a little mouse could have gotten in to the tank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Bertie wrote:
    Hate to say it it sounds like a little mouse could have gotten in to the tank

Or an egg.

Call the builder Greystreet, they should be taking care of this.

Advertisement