Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart -> Order by phone or internet

• 11-09-2006 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Ok, just cancelled the ole eircom finally.
    Got a cacellation number , and the DSL is not conencting however, there is still a signal on the line since my modem is connected via G.DMT INterleaved at 1024kbps download and 256kbps upload ( so switched off, but physically still connected to the DSLAM i assume , i was actuially on the 3mbps/384k before cancelation btw)

Anyways, will that 'signal' cause problems when i apply to smart, or does having the cancellation number prevent eircom from rejecting it by insisting the line is still active.

Also, what is the more successful way to order smart, over the phone etc, or via online application

ive tried the online application, and ive entered the 8 digit eircom account number, however it keep sreturning an error when i submit, the addressbar shows this
    http://www.smarttelecom.ie/error.php?error_type=ean_query

making me think its saying there was an error attempting to validate or lookup the Eircom Account Number perhaps ?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It would be just as handy to ring them.

As for the signal thing, I wouldn't worry about it. It shouldn't cause any problems. Mine continued to have a signal too for a day or two, despite the internet not working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

yeah, its going on 3 days or so now, with a signal, its probably in case i change my mind, they can switch the line on again via software, rather than having to go to the trouble of getting a so called 'engineer' to find time to hook it up lol.

Anyways, currently im enduring the Chorus service ( still in the 3 month free trial period ) which is better than dial up anyways, but for a 6mbps/512kbps package, i get usually more lke 800kbps/420kbps with minimum of 200ms jitter ( making it crap for voip ) on the upload, with pings spiking between 140 and 350 to the US ( as in every second ping is above 300 )

Advertisement