Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What should I expect to pay for my 1st full service?

Options
  • 11-09-2006 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I have a 2004 Toyota Corolla that is due it's first full service @ 19,000 miles. It's being serviced at a local Toyota dealership. I'm just wondering what should I expect to pay? ball park figure!

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Phone them and ask. Then phone 5 other dealers and ask. Then bring it to the cheapest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Is there a set figure for service intervals like that,,, it`d depend on what needs doing wouldnt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

As far as I remember, a minor service is €125 and a major one around €170 (excluding wiper blades)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭StillBallygowan

colm_mcm wrote:
    As far as I remember, a minor service is €125 and a major one around €170 (excluding wiper blades)
    I got quoted "about" €320 from the first and only place I called :eek:

nah, that's wrong. unless you were getting tyres or brakes, which you shouldn't need at 19,000.

By the way, the major service is due at 18,000 if you follow Toyota's schedule.

Whereabouts are you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

A toyota dealership will always charge more, my last service in the fiat dealership cos 280, but in a small local garage it's 130... So, do you want to go to a dealership where the mechanics deal specifically with Toyota's and will do a top notch job, or go to a local garage and pay less? The choice... do da do di... IS YOURS!!!

colm_mcm wrote:
    nah, that's wrong. unless you were getting tyres or brakes, which you shouldn't need at 19,000.

By the way, the major service is due at 18,000 if you follow Toyota's schedule.

Whereabouts are you?

The service was due in June or 19,000 miles (according to the sticker) but I didn't get around to it.
    I'm living out in Wicklow. It will be a Toyota main dealer I'll get the service done in.

maybe if you didn't get the first service done till 10,000 miles instead of 9,000. I'll PM you tomorrow with a price on a service,

LundiMardi wrote:
    A toyota dealership will always charge more, my last service in the fiat dealership cos 280, but in a small local garage it's 130... So, do you want to go to a dealership where the mechanics deal specifically with Toyota's and will do a top notch job, or go to a local garage and pay less? The choice... do da do di... IS YOURS!!!

I'll stick with my local dealership. I also purchased the car from them and like to keep with local business.

Toyota services are among the cheapest you can get, and they use genuine parts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

320 is an awful lot for a service. But if you don't want to shop around...

colm_mcm wrote:
    maybe if you didn't get the first service done till 10,000 miles instead of 9,000. I'll PM you tomorrow with a price on a service,
    I bought the car second hand with 12,000 miles and it just got a service prior to me buying it but I'm not sure if that was done @ 9,000 or 10,000 miles.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

€200 or less is ok.

I've heard horror stories from VW owners however. €500 - €750 for a 1st service.

VW servicing can be a bit severe alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

especially if u have a Toureg..service is well over €1000 for it...one of my mates had one..just as well he's loaded:D

Advertisement