Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(c#)Web app: Revisiting pages

Options
  • 11-09-2006 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

I'm working on a web application and my biggest irritation (at the moment) is revisiting pages. Whenever I do this I see the previous version of the page until I refresh. Similarly, the application does include logging in so being able to move back through the previously visited pages after logging out is something I'ld rather avoid.
    Can anyone suggest a solution? And/or how to make pages expire?
    I'm using C# in .Net
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Read up on Authentication in Asp.net. That should help solve your problems.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

If you don't want to change your authentication scheme, you could also look at controlling the page caching. I can't remember what the exact tag is, bbut there is a meta tag you can set in the page header to prevent it being cached on the client, and you can also use something like Response.Cache.SetExpires(DateTime.Now()) to prevent it being cached on the server. Then when your user hits the back button, the browser *should* touch the server which will see they're not logged in anymore and respond accordingly (I think that can be overridden with browser settings though).

Advertisement