Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Don't know what to think

• 11-09-2006 4:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

OK gone unreg, sorry if it's long

I met this girl through work, (briefly, like 2 mins) a while back. absolutely gorgeous. She came in to where i work, and we had a quick laugh about something and that was that. The next day i e-mailed her, and she responded with a huge e-mail, and we were talking all. I was heading away with friends for a few days, and i was gonna be where she lives the night before we left (flying from there). She was talking about her and friends having a party, so i said something about ah sure we'll gate crash, and said well i'm off, heres my number anyway if no-one turns up.. and left it at that.

So she text me the night we were up there, and asked how i was etc, said everyone got langered at the party. So i text her a few mores times etc, and then just before leaving asked if she's like to go for adrink when i got back, she agreed and we met up.

It went really well i thought, she was working early the next day so we didn't drink to much, but at the end of the night waiting for a taxci we kissed.

I got a text the next morning saying thanks for a grea night da da da. So we were talking again for a while and i said we should meet up again sometime, and she said "well i'm not looking for anything like that right now".

So that was it really, we've been e-mailing still, she still sends big long e-mails etc, and it's all nice banter, and i threw in a few "ah but ur not geting away that easy" etc... she said we could prob meet up before she goes away on hols or maybe after..

am i wasting my time persuing her in that way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

gone unreg wrote:
    am i wasting my time persuing her in that way?

Not if you like her. Maybe back off a bit though and keep the emails a bit briefer and less frequent. You could be a bit too much too soon, give her a bit of a chase, she sounds keen enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Agreed with the above, I would just let her have some space for a while and if she is interested, I'm sure she will let you know. Keep up the emails anyway, no point in losing a good friend. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Yea pull back bit and see how she reacts.

Remember Slowly slowy catchy monkey/woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TheRabbit

Remember Slowly slowy catchy monkey/woman.

Made me squirt water out my nose.

Good one, dude!

OP, I totally agree.

Advertisement