Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro Wireless Router Settings

Options
  • 11-09-2006 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I just got the digiweb metro 3mb line.
    Now aside from the fact that they broke my window while they were installing it im also having a problem getting my wireless router to work with the connection.

I have a 3com officeconnect cable/dsl router
    The ip settings for digiweb are dynamic
    so i set the router to obtain ip settings automatically
    but i dont get any internet connectivity

has anyone else had a simular problem?
    know how to fix it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭bindybandy

Could be heaps of differnet stuff causing problems really but start with the simplest stuff first by rebooting the the Metro modem and then plugging it into the wireless router and rebooting that afterwards. Most routers will then pick up an ip if set to do so automatically.
    Does it say what ip address you get at all in your wireless router's config screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

What technology is metro running on? was lookign at this myself. is there a line rental?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I have the exact same setup but with a linksys router.
    I had no problems. But I did have to do some reconfiguration of the linksys router.
    I cant recall a single thing about the experience however ;)
    I think there was a conflict between the IP that the modem pushed to the router and the range of IP addresses that the router pushed to clients so I had to change the range that were pushed to clients. Something like that. I can check it this evening.

Metro is a wireless service, no line rental. The 3 meg package is 35 euro per month, the 1 meg is 20 euro per month, phone calls extra, and the BB is a capped service.
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Make sure you restart the Thomson modem. They cache the MAC of the first device connected and if another device is connected (your router) it will not pick up the new MAC.

Advertisement