Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great-Just what KK needs; more bloody hen-nights

Options
  • 11-09-2006 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭

I hear some enterprising businessmen are establishing rental apartment catering especially for Hen-night weekenders.In Vicar street apparently.

Lovely, this exactly what KK doesn't need, even more L-plate/ veil wearing lunatics on boozy hen-nights form the big smoke and elsewhere:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .
    Now if only I had thought of this idea: before this guy though:D .........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Sure if it brings money in what harm ;)

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

It would be grand if they just stayed in their shiny apartment complex instead of staggering into town and annoying everyone else who isn't on a stag/hen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

I just want to say that i think people give out a bit too much in these here parts about hen and stag nights. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it seems like people in kk really hate stags and hens, particularly if they come from Dublin. Every single person i know under 40 has been on a stag or hen night somewhere, sometime. Even if you haven't been on one you have certainly been at a wedding where the bride and groom were on one - they went somewhere with a big gang of their friends and had the crack! I think they add a bit of colour to the place and bring lots of business - b and bs, hotels, restaurants, pubs, the shops, taxis, - they even sometimes return in the future after seeing how nice the place.
    Also, you would think the dublin train only goes one direction i.e. to kilkenny from Dublin, and that no-one in kilkenny every went to Dublin and got pissed and made a little noice.
    I agree that sometimes they get a little out of hand and i would certainly not like to be staying in a hotel next door to a group of them, i think that their overall contribution to kilkenny is positive.
    That is my two cents on the subject!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

The difference is Kilkenny is smaller than Dublin. Hens & Stags stand out more. Seeing them week in week out can be a bit wearing, especially if they're too boisterous

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

I do see your point but they do stay mainly in the John's street area and with a little effort (unless you reside in the area of course, or own a b and b, or drive a taxi, or run a chip shop or a hotel, or a pub in the area) they can be avoided - On an unrelated matter, i do hope the Dubs who live around croke park don't mind all the kilkenny people who take over there little area on one or even more sundays a year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

As someone who has lived beside Croke Park, and who has had to endure the stags/hens week in week out here in Kilkenny, believe me, I'd take the GAA fans any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

More hens needed:) Ok bit loud etc but would really pick up the crowd especially in the ormonde street area on a friday night:D

Advertisement