Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,864 ✭✭✭billyhead

Is Centrum or Wellman multivit any good. There what I use

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Also are Tesco brand vitamins any good?

I work in the pharma industry and reckon these are the equivelant of generic brands so just as good i reckon.
    I have started to take Glucosamin/Chrondotin to help with my joints as i play astro soccer once weekly and going to start light jogging 2/3 weekly for fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

Solgar is meant to be a very good multi-vit available in health stores.
    It was recommended be Transform in a different thread.
    Will be trying it when I run out of my current supply of H&B ultra men.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

You can get so many brands of multivit but the best brands are Solgar and pharmanord to name just a few.
    I dont go for the cheap ones you can get in aldi and tesco (own brand) as they contain lots of fillers..
    Ingredients for the supplements should be from organic sources whenever possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

+1 for Solgar

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭soup1

Hey guys. . .you probably already know about this site but i thought id do a quick testimonal for anyone with doubts about their quality! www.myprotein.com/ireland
    For years i have fallen victim to the obnoxious prices of supplement companies like ON and Dymatize. A few months ago, i decided to order of this website but had my doubts about the quality of the product - after all, the prices are almost too good to be true! However, im glad to say i was mistaken! I got 5lb of pure unflavored whey isolate for 40euro! That's including delivery to my door :) More recently, iv been trying their maltodextrin and dextrose products fro a post workout recovery and i have to say, they are really noticeable - for 10euro for a 5lb bag, you can not go wrong!
    And before you ask, no i dont work fro the company or anything like that! I'm simply a satisfied consumer, free from the hedonism that fuels the mainstream supplement industry!
    So please take my advice on board, and check the site out if you haven't already.
    Heres a discount code to get an extra 5% off your first order - <snip>
    Happy lifting everybody :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

soup1 wrote: »
    for 10euro for a 5lb bag, you can not go wrong!

yes you can, it's cheaper in local supermarkets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Morpheus77

Did anyone tried that before http://www.hi-tec.ie/creasteron-2400g-p-32.html it looks like Cyclone but value is pretty fine???

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Brian87

I was looking for a bit of advice.. I want to put on a bit of muscle but not to much,so I've decided to try CGT 10 by optimum nutrition,but just want to know can I take this product with whey and bcaa's?? Cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

Don't know why i never linked this before. It's my mates company and he recently brought out his own line of supps.he sells the usual brands too.

LINK REMOVED

• Advertisement

Brian87 wrote: »
    I was looking for a bit of advice.. I want to put on a bit of muscle but not to much,so I've decided to try CGT 10 by optimum nutrition,but just want to know can I take this product with whey and bcaa's?? Cheers..
    Brian Creatine is one of the basic supplements- you can take it with protein and or pure BCAA's- most important thing is timing -CGT portion in the morning and after workout, BCAA'c before and after workuot-, protein if you are not hardlifter you need around 2.0g of protein per 1 kg of your bosy mass per day -so if you can get it from diet you dont need more from powder but usually it is hard so best time to take protein is after workout and before sleep to stop night catabolism.
    I'm taking proteins 3 times per day in the morning whey protein, afterworkout whey plus casein and befeore sleep pure casein.
    If about BCAA's I'm drinking during workout BCAA TST first BCAA's with nice taste :)
    I hope that it helps you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Can anybody who has used creatine tell me how much weight it puts on? And once you stop using it how long does it take to lose the weight? I would like to try it out next season for rugby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Can anybody who has used creatine tell me how much weight it puts on? And once you stop using it how long does it take to lose the weight? I would like to try it out next season for rugby

I normally gain on average around 10lbs, I weigh 240-250lbs @ 15ish % bf, doesn't take too long for the weight to drop prob bout 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Brian87

Morpheus77 wrote: »
    Brian Creatine is one of the basic supplements- you can take it with protein and or pure BCAA's- most important thing is timing -CGT portion in the morning and after workout, BCAA'c before and after workuot-, protein if you are not hardlifter you need around 2.0g of protein per 1 kg of your bosy mass per day -so if you can get it from diet you dont need more from powder but usually it is hard so best time to take protein is after workout and before sleep to stop night catabolism.
    I'm taking proteins 3 times per day in the morning whey protein, afterworkout whey plus casein and befeore sleep pure casein.
    If about BCAA's I'm drinking during workout BCAA TST first BCAA's with nice taste :)
    I hope that it helps you

That's great cheers for the help. Il try it for a cycle and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

boomtown84 wrote: »
    Don't know why i never linked this before. It's my mates company and he recently brought out his own line of supps.he sells the usual brands too.

LINK REMOVEDQUOTE]

Pretty sure these are vydex manufactured products. The words "Delactosed and instantised: Pure Whey Protein" give it away. Maybe I am wrong.

Would not touch with a barge pole for said reason (No offense to your mate)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Link removed - please get onto mods first before you give links promoting your friends company

GiftofGab wrote: »

You don't put real weight on because of using creatine, its only water retention in your body if you want to gain real muscle mass you need calories!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

You don't put real weight on because of using creatine, its only water retention in your body if you want to gain real muscle mass you need calories!!!

Ahhhh but. If you use creatine and it allows you to train harder/longer you'll put on more mass :) .

Eating is the key though.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Ahhhh but. If you use creatine and it allows you to train harder/longer you'll put on more mass :) .

If you work longer/harder and if you don't care about what you eat you will burn muscles- so you won't put on mass, you need to stop catabolism and start anabolism creatine will help but only with good food (supplements)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

If you work longer/harder and if you don't care about what you eat you will burn muscles- so you won't put on mass, you need to stop catabolism and start anabolism creatine will help but only with good food (supplements)

See the bold above. I agree completely.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

See the bold above. I agree completely.
    OK :)

What do you think about new brands on the market? Are you choosing them or you prefer old, classic brand like BSN, ON, Gaspari, Universal, DY, Olimp, Scitec?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

bought kinetica protein today for a change...bit cheaper than ON which i usually go for.tastes grand...bought the chocolate flavour.gonna attempt making those protein bars this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭theKramer

theKramer wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Vitargo from Bulkpowders.co.uk?
    Seems to be good value in comparison to NutritionX's Elite MRM.

Do the components look to be ok? I take the NutritionX stuff at the mo, but its pretty expensive....
    Bought this stuff couple of weeks. Its going ok so far. It isnt flavoured, but doesnt have a mank taste. It kinda tastes like baby food, so while not delicious, isnt awful either.

Seems to be good at preventing me "crashing" before I can go home to eat a meal, which is what ya want :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

john_cappa wrote: »
    argos have USN igf1 on sale. Prettu much one of the best blends on the market.

32.39euro! A steal!

Fill yer boots!
    Their sold out here in Carlow & Manager says they have sold 0ver 50 items & wont be stocking it again until new catalogue is out. im Lucky i got 2 containers of the stuff that should keep me going for a while. Went in yester to ask about the creatine same story Sold Out :mad:

theKramer wrote: »
    Bought this stuff couple of weeks. Its going ok so far. It isnt flavoured, but doesnt have a mank taste. It kinda tastes like baby food, so while not delicious, isnt awful either.

Seems to be good at preventing me "crashing" before I can go home to eat a meal, which is what ya want :)

VITARGO is VITARGO its patented product so every pure vitargo should be the same. Price is OK.

But I dont know that companies like myprotein or bulkpowders can be trusted. They publish Certificate of Analysis to most products but there is no name of laboratory with stamp or signature.
    Probably most of that products are made in China and imported.
    I remember few years ago sport laboratory in Poland made tests of different brand of protein and scores for some of them was really bad for example difference between label and product was -10% or even 20% -where good difference score in production of protein is around 1-2%. (Its different to buy protein where is 60% of pure protein than 80% isn't it??)
    Since then tests are repeated from time and products increased their quality.
    So I prefer to buy tested, more expensive but well known brands.
    Anyway I'm waiting for FIBO this year there should be some good products.
    Anyone is going there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

what tested brands do you buy?? lol

myprotein, bulk powders are 100 percent! Infact they are better that most of the larger well known premium brands. Have seen private independant testing to verify this fact. That said i am currently boycotting mp over their new pricing structure but theyre quality is top notch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

VITARGO is VITARGO its patented product so every pure vitargo should be the same. Price is OK.

The vitargo those guys are selling is an old blend of the product that was bought up during it's last production run, it's been warehoused for some time and I've heard from a couple of sources that it's inferior to the newer blends as being sold by Genr8 etc etc

• Advertisement

john_cappa wrote: »
    what tested brands do you buy?? lol

myprotein, bulk powders are 100 percent! Infact they are better that most of the larger well known premium brands. Have seen private independant testing to verify this fact. That said i am currently boycotting mp over their new pricing structure but theyre quality is top notch.

I'm too long in that to say that smth is 100%. I know one brand which do tests every month- they are slighty different every time and it's natural like I said difference 2% is normal and if someone tell me that smth is 100% I'm sure that is bull**** :-)

Advertisement