Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 yesbuddie

All whey prices went up recently.

Did you order a scoop with your whey? They don't give them in the bags.

Actually Have one..cheers:D

Anyone know will I have it By Friday or how quick is delivery? I only ordered this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Danny_B0y

yesbuddie wrote: »

Anyone know will I have it By Friday or how quick is delivery? I only ordered this evening!

There usually pretty quick off the mark! I live in Dublin and its usually 3 or 4 working days at the most when my orders arrive! If you ordered yesterday id say you'll get it by friday evening no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

yesbuddie wrote: »

You should have it by Friday. Assuming everything goes normally, it will be at the post office tomorrow morning and at your front door on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TheZ

Has anybody tried the pre-workout supplement 1MR (1 More Rep)

I think I read that it has 300mg of caffeine per serving which is approx equivalent of 3 espressos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

TheZ wrote: »
    Has anybody tried the pre-workout supplement 1MR (1 More Rep)

I think I read that it has 300mg of caffeine per serving which is approx equivalent of 3 espressos

I asked about Jack3D a few days back.I didn't get a huge response so I should have copped something up at that. Anyway against even the guy in the shops advice I ended up coming away with N.O. Explode.
    Followed the instructions... first time I got a small bang and an unusually sweaty work out.
    next time I got a really hard pump on :o and a great work out. :D ( full dose )

Time after - nothing, and nothing again today.

don't waste your cash.

If your feeling a bit lethargic before you go to the gym - have 3 expressi and hit it hard.

• Advertisement

I actually use jack3d - two scoops at 6am as I go to gym first thing in morning

I find it good at that time of the day anyway

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I asked about Jack3D a few days back.I didn't get a huge response so I should have copped something up at that. Anyway against even the guy in the shops advice I ended up coming away with N.O. Explode.
    Followed the instructions... first time I got a small bang and an unusually sweaty work out.
    next time I got a really hard pump on :o and a great work out. :D ( full dose )

Time after - nothing, and nothing again today.

don't waste your cash.

If your feeling a bit lethargic before you go to the gym - have 3 expressi and hit it hard.

NO Explode used to just make me want to sh!t shortly after
    try jack3d - its less than 30 dollars and free delivery on iherb.com

All whey prices went up recently.

H&Bs are doing their stuff on sale again, €20 a tub.

seemingly N.O. Explode has a tendency to do that.

I think I may be immune to these pre work out supps as I drink on average 6 - 8 cups of coffee a day.

I'm sorry I didn't buy Jack3D originally as now I am wondering what its like, but I'm not wasting any more cash on these I dont think.

RoverJames wrote: »
    H&Bs are doing their stuff on sale again, €20 a tub.

That stuff is tastes truly awful ( strawberry and vanilla at least ) - myprotein or this crowds stuff is cheaper and from my understanding much better quality.

I cannot vouch for the taste of the Nutrisport one but MyProteins is streets ahead of H&B's one.

• Advertisement

seemingly N.O. Explode has a tendency to do that.

I think I may be immune to these pre work out supps as I drink on average 6 - 8 cups of coffee a day.

I'm sorry I didn't buy Jack3D originally as now I am wondering what its like, but I'm not wasting any more cash on these I dont think.

There is 1.3 dimeth as well as caffeine in Jack3d so it gives you a slightly wired feeling. Dimeth is I think what that man City player Kolo Toure tested positive for recently but not 100% sure of that - it is on the banned list of WDA since 2009

That stuff is tastes truly awful ( strawberry and vanilla at least ) - myprotein or this crowds stuff is cheaper and from my understanding much better quality.

I cannot vouch for the taste of the Nutrisport one but MyProteins is streets ahead of H&B's one.
    I throw it in a smoothie maker with various berries and a banana so the taste isn't an issue. MUst have a look at the ones you recommend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 strongbell

when i googled iherb the word 'scam' came up a lot??

Really tempted to get some jack3d in the next few weeks, heard some good reviews about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭marathonic

strongbell wrote: »
    when i googled iherb the word 'scam' came up a lot??

Really tempted to get some jack3d in the next few weeks, heard some good reviews about it

I've made multiple purhcases from iHerb, as have a lot of people on Boards.ie.

I've never heard first hand of any problems.

I have a discount code which will get you $5 off your first order as well. It's ROR319.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

For some reason a lot of normal sites come up with the word scam as well. I have never ordered from i-herb but a few on here have and the consensus seems to be that they are fine!

Does not seem to be have been posted here:

The Hut Group acquires Myprotein.com

Thursday, 02 June 2011 13:06 The Hut Group has bought online sports nutrition retailer Myprotein in a deal reported to be worth around £58 million.
    Myprotein.com, which was founded by Oliver Cookson with a £500 overdraft in 2004, has 300,000 registered customers and expects to achieve sales of £25 million this year. The company employs 50 staff and sells 250 products throughout the UK and Europe.

The Hut Group said the acquisition would broaden its health and beauty offering and would provide Myprotein with access to group's technology platform and database of six million customers.

Oliver Cookson said: “I have immensely enjoyed the journey of helping to build Myprotein into the market-leading business it is today and I am truly excited at the prospect of joining forces with The Hut Group, which is a business I have admired for a number of years."

He added: “Myprotein's range of award-winning products coupled with The Hut's leading technology platform and expansive customer base will help take Myprotein a step closer to becoming Europe's leading sports nutrition brand.”

Matthew Moulding, chief executive of The Hut Group, said: “The addition of Myprotein to The Hut's operating platform is another milestone in our ambitions to become one of Europe's leading online players.

“The team at The Hut are looking forward to working together with Oliver in further developing and delivering Myprotein's international growth plans.”

Cookson will join the Board of The Hut Group and head up the group's Lifestyle division.

Source: http://www.theretailbulletin.com/news/the_hut_group_acquires_myproteincom_01-06-11/

The Guvnor wrote: »
    For some reason a lot of normal sites come up with the word scam as well. I have never ordered from i-herb but a few on here have and the consensus seems to be that they are fine!

hmm, makes you suspicious.... what's to say that the people who join boards.ie to pump their new supplement websites don't join with other usernames posting 'scam' articles about the competitors?

I've a recent order from iHerb for which I've the form to collect it from the post office (wasn't in at delivery time).

In general, delivery seems to take 7-10 days so you need to take this into account when ordering.

I use them for Fish Oil and Multi-Vitamins.

I don't know - it's possible but why bother?

Where I saw it a few times was when google auto-completes for you.

You get the site and a few others but then you also got the site plus scam/scams as well.

I'll admit it does throw you and if less experienced online you'd definitely avoid the site as a result.

Where I saw it a few times was when google auto-completes for you.

Google auto-completes ranked by the most popular searches - so somebody is checking that a lot.
    "No smoke without fire some say", personally I'd give it a go once with a small order, if that was ok, I'd happily continue.

I've seen the scam tag a lot where sites have autoship orders - a bit like a direct debit where cancellation is not as easy as some would have thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I am seriously considering becoming a vegetarian.

Have been doing a lot of reading about the links between dairy and cancer, eating meat and ill health etc

However, I love my food. :D Especially chicken, lean meat, eggs and fish. It will be hard enough to replace all them. I also use a good bit of protein after the gym and recovery drinks after team training.

What Soya based protein powders are out there?
    Are there vegetarian recovery products?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    I am seriously considering becoming a vegetarian.

Have been doing a lot of reading about the links between dairy and cancer, eating meat and ill health etc

However, I love my food. :D Especially chicken, lean meat, eggs and fish. It will be hard enough to replace all them. I also use a good bit of protein after the gym and recovery drinks after team training.

What Soya based protein powders are out there?
    Are there vegetarian recovery products?

Isn't that veganism?

There are a few soy protein isolates out there.

On the +ve it can be 90% protein. The main negative for most people will be that it does not and will not taste quite the same as whey.

Soy can vary wildly - some can leave a gritty film on your teeth and others are a bit smoother.

Personally I'd never go vegetarian but it's a personal choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

There are a few soy protein isolates out there.

On the +ve it can be 90% protein. The main negative for most people will be that it does not and will not taste quite the same as whey.

Soy can vary wildly - some can leave a gritty film on your teeth and others are a bit smoother.

Personally I'd never go vegetarian but it's a personal choice.

My sister is a recent vegan convert. she moved to sweden and really got into it. all her skin problems has cleared up and she's like a rake.

To be honest, its not so much the meat issue that i've a problem with (seeing as Irish meat is generally well prodcued and not full of crap) its the amount of dairy intake and the relation between that and various cancers.

So I want to cut down on all my dairy.
    Milk changed to soya, butter to soya, no cheese (:()
    and change my whey protein powder

Where could I source Soy Protein or any other alternatives??

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    My sister is a recent vegan convert. she moved to sweden and really got into it. all her skin problems has cleared up and she's like a rake.

To be honest, its not so much the meat issue that i've a problem with (seeing as Irish meat is generally well prodcued and not full of crap) its the amount of dairy intake and the relation between that and various cancers.

So I want to cut down on all my dairy.
    Milk changed to soya, butter to soya, no cheese (:()
    and change my whey protein powder

Where could I source Soy Protein or any other alternatives??

Hi,

Here is myProtein's range of Vegan proteins: http://www.myprotein.com/ie/cats/protein/vegan-protein and here is one of Iron Science's products: http://www.ironscience.co.uk/proteinpowder/soyaproteinisolate.html

With a £14.89 flat delivery charge (for orders under £200) with Iron Science but cheaper prices, they are better for large orders.

myProtein are only €4.95 for delivery but their products are more expensive making them better for smaller orders.

If using My Protein, feel free to use the discount code MP289427 (this is my personal discount code). If using Iron Science, use MT5 (this is a site wide discount code and unrelated to me personally).

Both will get you 5% of your first order.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Satanta

Anyone here ever hear of Carnivor by MuscleMeds? There are a couple of lads at my gym raving about it. It's engineered beef protein or something. Just wondering what the thoughts on it are

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Satanta-

No direct experience of it's like Must admit a fruit-flavoured meat/plasma-derived protein drink doesn't strike me as particularly appetising but then again whey isn't exactly amazing when you get down to it either.

I'm coming more and more to the point of view that there are many protein supplements out there that will provide the protein required, and that what distinguishes them mainly is just going to be (a) price (b) ease of availability (c) mixability and (d) the most subjective and possibly most important thing of all ... taste. If someone 'raves' about something I take it that they like it on one of the above grounds as opposed to have found that they suddenly gained a few KG of muscle and can trace it back specifically to that product?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭dumbbell

Anyone on hear any feedback? have a jar of these and between two minds to try them out hearing bad things from fat burners. am seeing good results from work out so far .. would these speed things a bit or are the side effects to drastic ? not finding a whole of bad effects on google .. only the usual jazz of jitters / sleep and stuff which i can handle its unknown damage to liver / kidneys am afraid of

anyone any positive / negitive feedback ?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

You bought these, yet you were in two minds about taking them? :confused::confused:

Any who, I've known of a few people to use Oxyelite and loose a good bit of weight while taking them. Main complaints were the "shakes".

But why bother?

Just get your diet dialed in and you'll drop the pounds as easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Just get your diet dialed in and you'll drop the pounds as easy.

true but he might not want to lose weight, they can be used for cutting up and getting ripped also.

if you find it hard to drop your body fat these will help along with a good diet and training program.

i cant give you much feedback because iv only started taking them this week meself, im looking to cut up and lower my body fat.

go to bodybuilding.com there's plenty of feedback on it.

Advertisement