Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Just the obvious - look at the p&p charges if applicable from online stores.

DPD are the courier of choice in the UK - you'd think they would be the same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

the only thing im noticing so far with oxi is a decreased appetite. i haven't got any kick or boost what so ever and i mean this, it has done nothing for me energy wise.

maybe the people who experience these are sensitive to caffeine and the other ingredients in it, iv heard people comparing this to pre workout supplements like jacked 3d or nos pump not for me anyway and iv only ever taken nos pump 3 times so my body is not reliant on them.

il continue to take them for the next month, a reduced appetite is good enough for me anyway as it will help me cut.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

They use to be 6lb,the new range is 5lb in size.

Just noticed that when I checked an old tub at home last night ... Pity...

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Nutrition X Big Whey is a 5lb tub now, it can be bought for 40euro from http://www.discountsupplements.ie/ both online and in there shop.

by the way I have nothing whatsoever to do with the above shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TheZ

my experience of it is that works because it suppresses appetite fairly effectively

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Dubdude wrote: »
    Nutrition X Big Whey is a 5lb tub now, it can be bought for 40euro from http://www.discountsupplements.ie/ both online and in there shop.

by the way I have nothing whatsoever to do with the above shop.

Thanks for that link - I think this is what i am looking for. Not looking to be ripped to pieces, just looking for something that i can use to get more protein while still maintaining a calorie deficit.

Does this sound like the product i am looking for? Would there be another product more suited?

Thanks for the help

Well, although it doesn't have the best profile per 100g I think it's still (a) Irish and (b) a pretty good deal.

I've found the vanilla and mint chocolate mixes well and compares favorably to international brands in terms of taste too.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bruckey2345

Quick question....As holland and barrett currently have a buy one get one half price sale on I was thinking on buying some whey protein there. I detest their own brand and the other brand a noticed is PhD . So I was wondering what is your opinion on PhD pharma whey? Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭marathonic

Quick question....As holland and barrett currently have a buy one get one half price sale on I was thinking on buying some whey protein there. I detest their own brand and the other brand a noticed is PhD . So I was wondering what is your opinion on PhD pharma whey? Thanks guys

The product looks good and it's 80% protein but it's very expensive.

Buying the second for half price means you get 4.54kg for €96.88.

Instead, try some of the bulk suppliers where you should pay about 35% less after delivery is taken into account:

http://www.ironscience.co.uk
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk
    http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk
    http://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk

You can PM me if you'd like two discount codes for myProtein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭rocco.

Coming to the end of my celltech creatine, been taking it for about a month now. Bit unsure whether to get more or not. Have heard you should not take it long term..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

rocco. wrote: »
    Coming to the end of my celltech creatine, been taking it for about a month now. Bit unsure whether to get more or not. Have heard you should not take it long term..

Im going to let you in on a little seceret, actually its no seceret, celltech is overpriced for what you get, and there is a cheaper option.

if you buy a bag of creatine monohydrate, and a bag of dextrose, guess what you have "cheap celltech".

Thats all celltech is, fancy names, big words, nice label But all you are getting is a few grams of creatine per scoop and a heap load of dextrose.

Save your money, go to a bulk supplier where you will get 1kg of creatine for about 15quid, 5kg of dextrose for something like 14quid.

so for under 30 quid you will have celltech coming out of your ar5e.

bulkpowders
    myprotein
    iron science

Do it! :cool:

do what marathonic said, your mad buying h&b stuff when you can get it cheaper from a bulk supplier

marathonic wrote: »
    Does anyone know if myProtein have any price beat offers against any of the Irish retailers yet or are myProtein still cheaper than the Irish suppliers?

I've tried a couple of Irish sites but none appear to be cheaper so far.

theres none, and myprotein is cheaper that any irish retailer.

your better off trying iron science,(EDIT the postage is ridiculous!! €16)

Owen_S wrote: »
    Some of the 'Irish' sites aren't that Irish at all. I find myprotein.com to still be the best option for supplements(creatine is really cheap), but the only delivery option to ireland is DPD, who I don't trust at all.

Never had a problem with myprotein, DPD are a good courier i have never had a bad experince with them.

Well, although it doesn't have the best profile per 100g I think it's still (a) Irish and (b) a pretty good deal.

I've found the vanilla and mint chocolate mixes well and compares favorably to international brands in terms of taste too.

A. who care if they are irish, why be loyal to a country that screws you every way possible lol
    B. ON is better

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    A. who care if they are irish, why be loyal to a country that screws you every way possible lol

Although part of me thinks there is no point in trying to answer this question (I suspect you either understand already or you don't), here goes:-

I prefer, where possible, to support Irish-made, Irish-owned and Irish-marketed products, with a view to supporting my fellow countrymen and also keeping money in the national economy where possible. By doing so I'm not indicating I approve of the way this government or any other has run that economy (that's what voting is for).
    B. ON is better

It appears to have a better profile per 100g in terms of protein content. It seems to now be more or less the same price for 5lb tubs provided you buy online. It may or may not be better tasting ... because that's a subjective matter.

And, for someone who mentioned that I would like to support an Irish company where possible, it's clearly not 'better' in that respect than Nutrition X or Kinetica.

Although part of me thinks there is no point in trying to answer this question (I suspect you either understand already or you don't), here goes:-

I prefer, where possible, to support Irish-made, Irish-owned and Irish-marketed products, with a view to supporting my fellow countrymen and also keeping money in the national economy where possible. By doing so I'm not indicating I approve of the way this government or any other has run that economy (that's what voting is for).

It appears to have a better profile per 100g in terms of protein content. It seems to now be more or less the same price for 5lb tubs provided you buy online. It may or may not be better tasting ... because that's a subjective matter.

And, for someone who mentioned that I would like to support an Irish company where possible, it's clearly not 'better' in that respect than Nutrition X or Kinetica.

voting makes no difference lol

fair point in wanting to support fellow country men, but i wont make a difference to the economy, but thats a different days discussion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭dumbbell

is this product any good?

took it friday and saturday for the first time

all i can say wow... :D

how ever wouldnt get into to much of a routine of using it every day , think ill stick to every 3 days or so on =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Well Optimum Nutrition is technically Irish considering its owned by Glanbia
    Glanbia further expanded its presence in the North American market in 2008 by acquiring the Illinois-based sports supplement firm Optimum Nutrition. Optimum has a strong presence in the US market for whey-based premium sports supplements. According to Glanbia, Optimum Nutrition is an autonomous and wholly separate division within the Group.[14] In January 2011, Glanbia announced the acquisition of Bio-Engineered Supplements and Nutrition (BSN), extending their sports nutrition portfolio. BSN is a developer and distributor of nutritional products designed for health, training, physique development and performance.

So you can rest easy if you buy ON :D

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭dynamot

dumbbell wrote: »
    took it friday and saturday for the first time

all i can say wow... :D

how ever wouldnt get into to much of a routine of using it every day , think ill stick to every 3 days or so on =)

yeah, the first time I used it I got incredible results, but its effects have worn off the more I've taken it. I only use it twice a week now.

• Advertisement

Well Optimum Nutrition is technically Irish considering its owned by Glanbia

So you can rest easy if you buy ON :D

Crikey, it's news to me... Fair enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

What do ye think of buying supplements off bodybuilding.com? they come from the US but still work out pretty cheap. I want to get Optimum:
    Gold Standard 100% Whey but they won't deliver it to Ireland. Does anybody know the best place to get ON and can anyone recommend the best supplement site (for price and quality) Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

NotExactly wrote: »
    What do ye think of buying supplements off bodybuilding.com? they come from the US but still work out pretty cheap. I want to get Optimum:
    Gold Standard 100% Whey but they won't deliver it to Ireland. Does anybody know the best place to get ON and can anyone recommend the best supplement site (for price and quality) Thanks.

Might not suit but I find that IF there is a supplement shop nearby (bricks and mortar shop) then your best off going there. It might be a little bit dearer (its usually not) but each and every owner Ive ever dealt with was very appreciative of the business and discounted in the future, gave free shakers, gives me samples etc.

Nice to build a rapport with local businesses. Call me old school but you'll be better off long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

NotExactly wrote: »
    http://www.universalnutrition.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Out of interest how long do the affects last? I train reasonably late in the evenings and have enough issues with sleeping those nights as it is.

Is it likely to keep me wired until the wee hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

Might not suit but I find that IF there is a supplement shop nearby (bricks and mortar shop) then your best off going there. It might be a little bit dearer (its usually not) but each and every owner Ive ever dealt with was very appreciative of the business and discounted in the future, gave free shakers, gives me samples etc.

Nice to build a rapport with local businesses. Call me old school but you'll be better off long term.

Shop with jimmy on new row yeah?

I have to agree with you. While I don't buy my supplements in shops I do generally buy the rest of my gear there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Yes. Very likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Damn this stuff sounds good, i get really tired by the end of my workout so i might get some.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Crikey, it's news to me... Fair enough!
    BSN also owned by Glenbia

Ditto, I but in Brick and Mortar unless there is a huge price difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Man, reading about this on bodybuilding.com. The comedown sounds horrendous.

Advertisement