Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I don't know. It looks like they are cheating on the scoop size.

I imagine the platinum scoop is bigger and this is why there is more protein in it.

Platinum scoop = 39g, and 30g of protein per scoop = 77%

Gold standard scoop = 29.4g and 24g of protein per scoop = 82%

On a cost per gram of product (not even per gram of protein), Platinum is almost 40% more expensive than Gold standard. And it has less protein. You'd be some gombeen to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Didn't Alan Aragon say hydrowhey has minimal to no benefits compared to regular WPI/WPC? To me it seems like another way to grab your money, companies are relying on these overpriced products because they are making less and less profit from plain old protein powder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Owen_S wrote: »
    Didn't Alan Aragon say hydrowhey has minimal to no benefits compared to regular WPI/WPC? To me it seems like another way to grab your money, companies are relying on these overpriced products because they are making less and less profit from plain old protein powder.

I think it's absolutely retarded.

Like... any difference is absolutely marginal. I would go so far as to say that I doubt there's anyone in the world who, in the absence of some medical condition, would see any benefit if they used Platinum Hydrowhey instead of Gold Standard, assuming everything else stays the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 NOOBIE7

Does anyone have any experience of using Jack3D? Do you find it does what it says on the tin and lives up to the hype?

I'm also taking serious mass which does exactly what it says and gives serious results

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

I take jack3d, and its the greatest supplement ive ever taken... its like crack, when i cycle off it going to the gym is sh1t without it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

NOOBIE7 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience of using Jack3D? Do you find it does what it says on the tin and lives up to the hype?

I'm also taking serious mass which does exactly what it says and gives serious results

Read it will cause you to fail a drugs test, so if you're taking it for a sport where you can be tested I'd get off it.

cheers dude, does it actually give you so much energy you can lift heavier and for more reps?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

jugger0 wrote: »
    its like crack

This is why i stopped taking it after about a week. The strongest supp i've ever taken.mental stuff imo! coffee FTW!

boomtown84 wrote: »
    This is why i stopped taking it after about a week. The strongest supp i've ever taken.mental stuff imo! coffee FTW!

Why did you stop taking it? what didnt you like about it compared to other pre workout supps?

Huge post workout crash.upset stomach.twitching from all the caffeine.dizziness and nausea.
    not a big fan of pre workout supps in general tbf but this turned me off them completely.
    cup of coffee or even just some loud music does it for me these days.....haha am i getting old??!
    Some people love it....just didn't agree with me.

• Advertisement

NOOBIE7 wrote: »
    cheers dude, does it actually give you so much energy you can lift heavier and for more reps?

Yup, it actually works. I could drink 8 cups of coffee and feel nothing, 2 scoops of jack3d and i could wrestle a fookin rhino... serious buzz. I have never felt any side effects, however dont expect to be choking the chicken after a workout, but maybe thats just me..

jugger0 wrote: »
    Yup, it actually works. I could drink 8 cups of coffee and feel nothing, 2 scoops of jack3d and i could wrestle a fookin rhino... serious buzz. I have never felt any side effects, however dont expect to be choking the chicken after a workout, but maybe thats just me..

except erectile dysfunction:confused:

except erectile dysfunction:confused:

Stim dikk...

Its only sometimes and it goes away, but yeah i suppose thats a big one alright, shur you should be too tired after training for any hanky panky anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Huge post workout crash.upset stomach.twitching from all the caffeine.dizziness and nausea.
    not a big fan of pre workout supps in general tbf but this turned me off them completely.
    cup of coffee or even just some loud music does it for me these days.....haha am i getting old??!

I got anxiety and tightness in my chest from Jack3d. Stopped taking it and wrote off pre-workouts until I tried a sample Pulse from MyProtein. I found that to be nice. Bit of focus, bit of pump and I might have got another rep from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Paigne

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Read it will cause you to fail a drugs test, so if you're taking it for a sport where you can be tested I'd get off it.

Do you mean the false positives results for amphetamines, or just 1,3 dimethylamylamine?? Any solid proof?? Been reading up on that a bit.

I got heart palpitations, and kept feeling like I was gonna get a heart attack, also had a few beers and felt like Heman, ready to go nuts! This was only on the first time though, since then haven't had much bad side effects off it.

And as for the erectile dysfunction, if anything it does the opposite, nothing major like I'd be lifting dumbells with it, but more energy like :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Not Exactly - someone was asking about this a page or two back.

The consensus or views would not have changed.

I won't go into detail except ask yourself how is the unflavoured more expensive than the flavoured?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 BzrBren

Hey guys! Quick question, does anybody know how good of a protein is USN 100% whey protein?? Any thoughts appreciated. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 clearycooper13

i bought a tub of oxyelite pro there about 2 weeks ago off bodybuilding.com.what you reckon the chances are that these will getsent back because of customs or some crap?many thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I got anxiety and tightness in my chest from Jack3d. Stopped taking it and wrote off pre-workouts until I tried a sample Pulse from MyProtein. I found that to be nice. Bit of focus, bit of pump and I might have got another rep from it.

I used Jack3d for a while! I did get huge post workour crashes from it especially as i upped the dosage! I suffer from general anxiety and this stuff (along with some other supplements like hydroxycut) definitely set it off! sometimes after taking it id have to take a valium or something to calm myself back down? I reckon its the high doses of caffeine that does it at its the only ingrediant thats in all the supplements that have triggerd it for me!

I do know lots of people who swear by it and wont train without out and despite sometimes getting these side effects i found it somewhat addictive and continued to take it until the tub was nearly finished!:eek:
    It completely put me off pre-workout supps but id be intrested in trying Pulse myself after what you said!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kaddy

Hi all, I've started going the gym 2 weeks ago with the aim of improving my cardio and also gaining muscle size. Previously i had just been working out at home, mainly toning. When starting the gym ive been taking whey protein shakes 3 times a day, working out 4 days a week. I have noticed improvements in my chest and arms already.

My main question is should i stick with this routine or has anybody ever moved on to supplements such a Maximuscle Cyclone which has some creatine mixed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

I used Jack3d for a while! I did get huge post workour crashes from it especially as i upped the dosage! I suffer from general anxiety and this stuff (along with some other supplements like hydroxycut) definitely set it off! sometimes after taking it id have to take a valium or something to calm myself back down? I reckon its the high doses of caffeine that does it at its the only ingrediant thats in all the supplements that have triggerd it for me!

I do know lots of people who swear by it and wont train without out and despite sometimes getting these side effects i found it somewhat addictive and continued to take it until the tub was nearly finished!:eek:
    It completely put me off pre-workout supps but id be intrested in trying Pulse myself after what you said!

You could try a stim free pre-workout? e.g. reflex performance matrix?
    http://www.echosupplements.com/department/pre-workout/reflex/product/reflex-performance-matrix-caffeine-free-800g/288

(note the diagram below shows caffeine shows caffeine as an ingredient but I assure it does not have it, that just the stock photo for performance matrix. It comes in two versions. The caffeine version has 0.1g in it which is a tame amount anyway and the stim free one is the exact same formula but with no caffeine).

Or make your own pre-workout?

AAKG, citrulline malate, tyrosine, taurine plus loads of other things you could add.

kaddy wrote: »
    Hi all, I've started going the gym 2 weeks ago with the aim of improving my cardio and also gaining muscle size. Previously i had just been working out at home, mainly toning. When starting the gym ive been taking whey protein shakes 3 times a day, working out 4 days a week. I have noticed improvements in my chest and arms already.

My main question is should i stick with this routine or has anybody ever moved on to supplements such a Maximuscle Cyclone which has some creatine mixed in.

IMO I wouldn't worry about finding a protein supplement with creatine in it. I find that creatine is often found on sale, so I just wait until I come across it while its cheap.

My advice to you is to have a read around about diet, managing your exercises successfully along with your rest time. There are many threads on this forum about people asking for advice, with very good advice given. (You could also post your own thread including goals,diet,routine etc.) Reviewing your diet and exercise routine is essential, you need to make sure each muscle group is exercised and rested accordingly.

A big mistake with starting weight training (I'm not saying it is happening to you, I'm just giving a caution) is to guzzle down protein, do some weights and wait for the football size biceps to emerge. There are many factors which you need to be familiar with, even how much sleep you need. (I'm noticing you posted at half 2 in the morning)

HR X LM wrote: »
    Wel guys, does anyone know about BPI Sports A50 capsules? I was told they are great for building muscle very fast. Anyone heard of them? thanks

I have some but I haven't taken them yet, I got them when I hit a plateau and I've been waiting for an appropriate time to take them (I'm weary of the side effects of increasing test). I've broken that plateau since but I might take them next week to see what they're like, I'll keep you posted if I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 new b

Hey Im just wondering if anyone can help me out with regards to which supplements to take? Im 20 and naturally fit just from playing a lot of football and golf but very rarely go to the gym. Im now plan to start working out in the gym up to 3 times a week over the next year to build muscle as I feel that in most sports particularly football (playin centre mid) you are at a real disadvantage if you are skinnier.
    Is creatine the way to go or should I start off with something else? Plan is to buy these http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=48&prodid=248&cid=93&sid=0
    Any thoughts? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Do you not reckon putting at least a few months work into yourself first, before even worrying about 'supplements', might be worth a go?

Hard work and eating right is the way forward man!

out of protein folks...know of anywhere selling ON or Kinetica for cheap or have any discount codes?
    i usually pick up a 10lb bag of kinetica in the shop for 75euro so if you can get get cheaper let me know.
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

out of protein folks...know of anywhere selling ON or Kinetica for cheap or have any discount codes?
    i usually pick up a 10lb bag of kinetica in the shop for 75euro so if you can get get cheaper let me know.
    thanks

Universalnutrition.ie sell the kinetica bags for 75 euro but have 5% off promo going on. I think the code is UNLEASHED

• Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Hi,

I'm looking for some protein supplements for muscle gain which does not have the amino acid phenylalanine in it.

Any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GeorgeOrwell

Quick question.

I've been taking oxy elite pro for nearly a month, and really feeling the benefits. I've lost a lot of weight, feel great and am getting much fitter.

I take one half an hour before breakfast, and another around 11am.

I've been going to the gym after work, but finding that if I take a third around 4pm, my training has stopped going so well.

Any thoughts or advice on how to get the most out of these supplements?

Advertisement