Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Lads,

Just a quick bitch about MP.
    I bought a bag of the Impact Blend Protein in Vanilla flavour.
    It's about the 5th time I have bought it.
    The issue is this batch is totally tasteless, so I emailed them asking was it a bad batch or what. I didn't ask for anything bar an explanation or apology. ( Although I am worried if they forgot to mix the flavouring what else might be missing ).
    That was 7 days ago, so I sent another mail yesterday, and still not a sausage.
    I am disgusted - not for any other reason other than I expected so much more from this company based on the reviews, the service (till now) and the products I have experience with.

Rant over - sorry boards ;)

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭judosean2005

Hey guys,im also looking for some advice on Supplements:

Due to my busy family and work life my diet is quite poor
    So yes i know thats first place for me to start.

Me: im 26,about 75kgs,quite small in build.

Training: running is at the moment my main training but im only starting so distances arent far.Rugby training twice a week.and some Resistant training.

Problem: My biggest problem is muscle recovery,i am needing like a 2 days plus to stop muscles pain.

Goal: to be able to run fast,hard in short distance(2 miles etc)

any help??

I see maximuscle have a progain,promax cyclone etc,and maxifuel viper is the one some suggest to me??

Thanks

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Lads,

The issue is this batch is totally tasteless, so I emailed them asking was it a bad batch or what. I didn't ask for anything bar an explanation or apology. ( Although I am worried if they forgot to mix the flavouring what else might be missing ).
    I am disgusted - not for any other reason other than I expected so much more from this company based on the reviews, the service (till now) and the products I have experience with.

Rob

Totally tasteless? as in no flavouring applied to it?

I've seen people giving out about the customer care on uk sites. Crazy considering there is 6 other competitors to choose from in the bulk supplier market over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Totally tasteless? as in no flavouring applied to it?

I've seen people giving out about the customer care on uk sites. Crazy considering there is 6 other competitors to choose from in the bulk supplier market over there.

I had a similar problem with them last year, my order was left sitting in their warehouse for about a week and stayed there till I emailed looking for it. This was my only problem with them in a few years of buying their whey so when I was told Id get a discount voucher code for my next buy I was happy enough.

However when I had to resend my email looking for the code at least 5 times and another 10 emails when the code didnt work (of the10 emails none got a reply) I started to buy from iron science

update to my earlier bitching....

Coincidentaly :rolleyes: after I left a bitching review on the site fot the product a "Customer Service Team Lead" got back to me asking about the issue. I'll respond tomorrow and see how satisfactoraly they look after it and update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I had a similar problem with them last year, my order was left sitting in their warehouse for about a week and stayed there till I emailed looking for it. This was my only problem with them in a few years of buying their whey so when I was told Id get a discount voucher code for my next buy I was happy enough.

However when I had to resend my email looking for the code at least 5 times and another 10 emails when the code didnt work (of the10 emails none got a reply) I started to buy from iron science

What are Iron Science like to buy from? There prices are alot better then myProtein, almost 20 quid difference on the isolate protein! Do they deliver to Ireland and if so how much is the delivery charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

I currently weigh 74kg and need to get to about 89kg by christmas.
    I am 5'10".
    I carry about 10% body fat.
    Basically I need to look like an "old-fashioned" Heavyweight boxer.
    I currently eat like a horse.
    I suppliment with protein post workout.
    Pre workout I use Jack3d.
    Ordered a mass gainer tonight,
    and so wondering will creatine be a good addition to my diet to help me achieve my goal?

I took 3 scoops and nothing..

looking for more energy to keep me going for when I am lifting the weights.

I told the jack3d boys on facebook wat was going on and they said I needed to cycle off of caffeine because of how much soft drinks I used to drink..

Just want a pre work supp that will boost me with energy to keep me going

I thought Jack3d was having no effect on me either untill i stopped using it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I currently weigh 74kg and need to get to about 89kg by christmas.
    I am 5'10".
    I carry about 10% body fat.
    Basically I need to look like an "old-fashioned" Heavyweight boxer.
    I currently eat like a horse.
    I suppliment with protein post workout.
    Pre workout I use Jack3d.
    Ordered a mass gainer tonight,
    and so wondering will creatine be a good addition to my diet to help me achieve my goal?

define eat like a horse i know people who think they eat a lot (they don't)

I ate my way from 75kg to 90 in less than a year and i honestly thought i ate a lot before that.

are you doing the big lifts ? (squat, deadlift, benchpress, standing shoulder press) and then doing pushups pullups etc.

if you are lifting you need to keep adding weight if you cant ad weight you need to take off 10% and start adding weight, (teaching your body to grow bigger and fueling it to gow bigger is important)

creatine will add a little water weight straight away but it will (more importantly) make you able to work harder. this in conjunction with the more food will help you grow

now creatine is crap if you do9n't dissolve it properly before drinking (i take mine in tea as it dissolves easilly and fully in hot water) and drink it straight away as it degrades once dissolved

but post up yer food intakie for yesterday and I'll tell you what i'd do

i was up to 120kg this year and now i'm trying to slowly lose weight a without losing strength,I'm down to 105 and i've never been stronger.

I have jack3d for sale if any one wants it?
    one opened and used about 12 scoops
    the other one is SEALED

bubble gum (opened)
    tropical fruit punch (UNOPENED)

it has no affect on me so if intrested please get in touch

its 25e fir the closed one
    its 20e for the opened one

OR

40e for the 2

Where abouts do you live?

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    define eat like a horse i know people who think they eat a lot (they don't)

I ate my way from 75kg to 90 in less than a year and i honestly thought i ate a lot before that.

are you doing the big lifts ? (squat, deadlift, benchpress, standing shoulder press) and then doing pushups pullups etc.

if you are lifting you need to keep adding weight if you cant ad weight you need to take off 10% and start adding weight, (teaching your body to grow bigger and fueling it to gow bigger is important)

creatine will add a little water weight straight away but it will (more importantly) make you able to work harder. this in conjunction with the more food will help you grow

now creatine is crap if you do9n't dissolve it properly before drinking (i take mine in tea as it dissolves easilly and fully in hot water) and drink it straight away as it degrades once dissolved

but post up yer food intakie for yesterday and I'll tell you what i'd do

i was up to 120kg this year and now i'm trying to slowly lose weight a without losing strength,I'm down to 105 and i've never been stronger.

Cheers for the reply man.
    Great help!

Heres my food diary, which I stick to religiously. Now this is a CKD plan but from next week I will be incorparating more sweet potato's and brown rice into (which I do have on weekends already), because that diet has finished:

MEAL 1
    3 unsmoked back rashers
    3Large Eggs
    Salmon/shrimp Paste
    Tea spoon butter

MEAL 2
    2 XL Bratwurst sausages
    25g Feta Cheese
    1 Tablespoon olive Oil
    1 Tin Of Sardines

MEAL 3
    2/3 Pork Chops
    32g Cottage cheese
    1 tablespoon olive oil

MEAL 4
    1 scoop protein
    1 tablespoon peanut butter
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    Milk

MEAL 5
    Tablepoon Mayo
    Tuna

PREWORKOUT
    Jack3d

POSTWORKOUT
    Reflex Whey

My workout for the past 6 months has been:

Madcow Intermediate 5x5

Squat - 40kg to 120kg
    Bench - 30Kg to 100kg
    BB Row - 35kg to 80kg

from monday I will be changing to this workout plan:

3 day workout for mass

MEAL 4
    1 scoop protein
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    Milk

You were saying you were going to buy a mass gainer. If you add fine oats to above, you'll have a cheap mass gainer. Just a suggestion that might help you save cash as some mass gainers have a lot sugars in them.

Cheers for the reply man.
    Great help!

Heres my food diary, which I stick to religiously. Now this is a CKD plan but from next week I will be incorparating more sweet potato's and brown rice into (which I do have on weekends already), because that diet has finished:

MEAL 1
    3 unsmoked back rashers
    3Large Eggs
    Salmon/shrimp Paste
    Tea spoon butter

MEAL 2
    2 XL Bratwurst sausages
    25g Feta Cheese
    1 Tablespoon olive Oil
    1 Tin Of Sardines

MEAL 3
    2/3 Pork Chops
    32g Cottage cheese
    1 tablespoon olive oil

MEAL 4
    1 scoop protein
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    Milk

MEAL 5
    Tablepoon Mayo
    Tuna

PREWORKOUT
    Jack3d

POSTWORKOUT
    Reflex Whey

plenty of protein and fats there; but that is how i eat when i'm trying to loose weight not gain weight. To achieve your goal of 15kg by christmas you need to start eating carbs again.

have a look at this (well you did say old school boxer)

http://www.70sbig.com/food/

wrt lifting i think yer on the right track increase the amount of weight every time and get stronger in the 10-12 rep areas of the lifts and you'll grow

My workout for the past 6 months has been:

Madcow Intermediate 5x5

Squat - 40kg to 120kg
    Bench - 30Kg to 100kg
    BB Row - 35kg to 80kg

from monday I will be changing to this workout plan:

3 day workout for mass

i think most workouts work when people follow them but food is the limiting factor, i'd be drinking milk with everything if i were looking to grow fast (especially post workout 3 scops whey and a litre of milk after every workout)

you're a strong guy at 74kg do you mind if i ask why you "need" to be bigger for christmas, is it for acting (raging bull comes into my mind).

plenty of protein and fats there; but that is how i eat when i'm trying to loose weight not gain weight. To achieve your goal of 15kg by christmas you need to start eating carbs again.

Yeah thats why I was on that diet, I wanted to lose fat that I was carrying predominantly on my gut. So from Monday I will Just be adding a hell of a lot more carbs. I will check out that link to. Cheers.
    i think most workouts work when people follow them but food is the limiting factor, i'd be drinking milk with everything if i were looking to grow fast (especially post workout 3 scops whey and a litre of milk after every workout)

My problem with drinking so much milk is that I get spots on my face and forehead, I understand the benefits but the risk of looking like a spotty teenager I would prefer to avoid. I must as a nutritionist about that, could it be the hormones in the milk? Maybe organic milk might help.
    you're a strong guy at 74kg do you mind if i ask why you "need" to be bigger for christmas, is it for acting (raging bull comes into my mind).

Your a clever man Tigger, thats the exact reason.
    Cheers for the advice, much appreciated.

You were saying you were going to buy a mass gainer. If you add fine oats to above, you'll have a cheap mass gainer. Just a suggestion that might help you save cash as some mass gainers have a lot sugars in them.

Yeah tbh I planned on doing that, adding oats and a banana.
    But I was thinking of a good mass gainer to, to really help pack on the weight. Reflex instant mass maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Yeah tbh I planned on doing that, adding oats and a banana.
    But I was thinking of a good mass gainer to, to really help pack on the weight. Reflex instant mass maybe?

Had the instant mass and wasn't too impressed tbh. The best weight gainer ive ever had would be CNP pro mass, 90 servings when mixed with milk, decent taste and cheap.
    Cytosport Cytogainer and monster mass were very good too but would be more expensive and with a lot less servings, you could just drink an extra litre of milk and eat a peanutbutter sandwich too tho...

My problem with drinking so much milk is that I get spots on my face and forehead, I understand the benefits but the risk of looking like a spotty teenager I would prefer to avoid. I must as a nutritionist about that, could it be the hormones in the milk? Maybe organic milk might help.

then just the milk with 3 scoops whey after working out

milk gives a big insulin peak and that straight after a workout will help push the protein into your muscles and will stop any catabolic action from the workout.

i have suffered from spots on and off most of my life i cut. i cut out milk completely then i brought in only orgainc then i'm back to the three litres of tesco cheapo milk and 've never seen a difference.

long time ago the doc told me that its just hormones probablt testosterone and that unless i wanted to take anti hormones or antibiotics that i had to live with it.

as i said you are strong for your size so I'd bet that the milk is probably not the issue but since you have milk in yer diet at the mo just switych it to only after workout and see the difference

also eat before bed so you don't have 10 hours without food.
    finally sleep at least 8 hours a night.

Cheers for all the advice Tigger, Much appreciated.
    It was all simple tips that I can defo take on board.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Quick question;

Currently using Creatine Mono and am just throwing it in my protein shake (with Milk).

Does this affect the creatine re absortion rates, quality of absortion etc? at all?

I know obv if affects the protein absortion.

Quick question;

Currently using Creatine Mono and am just throwing it in my protein shake (with Milk).

Does this affect the creatine re absortion rates, quality of absortion etc? at all?

I know obv if affects the protein absortion.

It dissolves a lot better in boiling water imo, add miwadi and its a pretty nice drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Have unflavoured, could just add it to my tea. I am not sure how well that will taste though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Get pro-activ for the spots. I was the same and started using it recently. It is awesome. I couldnt get rid of them, started using it, and havent had one since.

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Lads,

Rob

Quick update to this lads.
    After writing a bad review of the product MP finally got back to me.
    To be fair to them their response was excellent and super efficient.
    The Customer Service lad asked me the batch number and date on the packet. He said they hadn't received any complaints about it but immediately sent me flavouring powder and not the 30gsm one but the 100gsm large one ( €16 ) - which is impressive.
    Anyway - getting some flavouring into this really made me realise how bad it originally was and how I was right to complain.

So fair is fair they responded very well once given a little nudge and I am just writing to let ye know as its only right I do so after my earlier bitching.

Rob

Have unflavoured, could just add it to my tea. I am not sure how well that will taste though.

Crea-tea isnt the best to be honest, i enjoy me tea with a few fig rolls and the creatine kinda ruins it...

its fine you can't tell its there

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭jiminho

Heys guys,

I know its probably been asked before but im having a hard time finding a list. Im looking for a quality whey protein that's affordable. I've been using ON gold standard for quite some time now and i really think its a great all round whey but its not that good for the aul bank account.

So anyone any recommendations on good quality whey?

Much appreciated,

Jim

jugger0 wrote: »

Crea-tea isnt the best to be honest, i enjoy me tea with a few fig rolls and the creatine kinda ruins it...

Crea-tea.. I'm stealing that and selling the idea to a supplement company.

Muscletech CREA-Tea HARDCORE Series

jiminho wrote: »
    Heys guys,

I know its probably been asked before but im having a hard time finding a list. Im looking for a quality whey protein that's affordable. I've been using ON gold standard for quite some time now and i really think its a great all round whey but its not that good for the aul bank account.

Much appreciated,

Jim

Alrite Jim,
    I always get Reflex, its a quality whey at a great price.
    I oder from this site, there the cheapest and its free delivery:
    Reflex Whey
    Always get the bigger bags!
    Hope this helps.

jiminho wrote: »
    Heys guys,

Much appreciated,

Jim

Could try that Kinetica whey if you want a brand? I think the 10lb bags are still around €75 otherwise try a bulk suppliers like myprotein or bulk powders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭jiminho

thanks androl and gummy. had a look at myprotein impact whey, 71 quid for a 5 kg bag which is not bad. anyone any experience with this brand/product?

Advertisement