Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

jiminho wrote: »
    thanks androl and gummy. had a look at myprotein impact whey, 71 quid for a 5 kg bag which is not bad. anyone any experience with this brand/product?

Yeah it's good stuff. Just remember to buy a scoop as the bag doesn't come with one.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Disko biscuits

Alri lads just wondering has anyone used this protein?

I used USN pure protein IGF-1 and it taste sooooooo BAD!! I mean I can bearly handle the taste.

Also used promax high protein bannana and again AWFUL..

sooo I seen Kinetica on this site for this price....
    http://hpnutrition.net/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=97

Its the whey protein im looking at..

Anyways has anyone tried it? if so did it have good results? and also what was the taste like?

................................................................................................
    ...................................................................................................

On another note tried jack3d and NOTHING, I upd the dosage to 3 and again nothing, stayed off of caffine for a month took 3 scoops again and NOTHING (an hour after taking it, it left me in bed and I could bearly move cus how tried I was)

Anyone have this problem? I'm now afarid to try a different PWO supp just incase it goes to waste again.. anyone any info on this problem or a solution?

Cheers in advance

I tried samples of Kinetica. Tasted fine to me. A bit more natural tasting then ON double choc. The chocolate is 72 protein per 100g. I think that sounds right for a chocolate WPI/WPC blend.

Only samples so can only say it tastes decent and I had no stomach issues from it. It tastes better in water then milk for some reason too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

On another note tried jack3d and NOTHING, I upd the dosage to 3 and again nothing, stayed off of caffine for a month took 3 scoops again and NOTHING (an hour after taking it, it left me in bed and I could bearly move cus how tried I was)

Anyone have this problem? I'm now afarid to try a different PWO supp just incase it goes to waste again.. anyone any info on this problem or a solution?

Cheers in advance

That sounds to me like you're expecting a bit too much from a supplement if your energy is that low. Maybe the problem lies elsewhere.

That sounds to me like you're expecting a bit too much from a supplement if your energy is that low. Maybe the problem lies elsewhere.

Well after spendin 45e on 2 tubs of it and reading reviews I expected it to give me energy NOT leave me in a coma state.... so I wasn really expecting to much now was I :D

• Advertisement

Well after spendin 45e on 2 tubs of it and reading reviews I expected it to give me energy NOT leave me in a coma state.... so I wasn really expecting to much now was I :D

No matter how much you spent on it, it's one thing for it to not work to give you an edge for the gym, quite another for it to leave you struggling for the energy to get out of bed. If your energy is that low, then yeh, you are expecting too much of it. If you're blaming the supplement for leaving you that way, then upping the dosage and persisting with it seems to have been expecting even more from it and just ignoring the evidence. What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Your money to waste and best of luck to you, but it still sounds to me like you have some other problem leaving you with low energy and you're asking too much of a supplement to fix that. It's a supplement, not a replacement for doing the important things right.

No matter how much you spent on it, it's one thing for it to not work to give you an edge for the gym, quite another for it to leave you struggling for the energy to get out of bed. If your energy is that low, then yeh, you are expecting too much of it. If you're blaming the supplement for leaving you that way, then upping the dosage and persisting with it seems to have been expecting even more from it and just ignoring the evidence. What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Your money to waste and best of luck to you, but it still sounds to me like you have some other problem leaving you with low energy and you're asking too much of a supplement to fix that. It's a supplement, not a replacement for doing the important things right.

Kevin please look at my pervious comment I said after 3 it left me in a coma state not after taking 1 or 2.... and the lads that work for jack3d told me to up the dosage man.. contacted them using facebook

Kevin please look at my pervious comment I said after 3 it left me in a coma state not after taking 1 or 2.... and the lads that work for jack3d told me to up the dosage man.. contacted them using facebook

I did read it. Of course they stood over their product. What I'm suggesting is that it wasn't working and your persistence wasn't helpful as, so far as I know, it's not a product designed for a cumultaive effect, but should give you an immediate, short-term benefit. If it left you struggling to get out of bed, then you're getting something wrong somewhere else and/or the persistence with a product that wasn't working was more destructive than useful.

I did read it. Of course they stood over their product. What I'm suggesting is that it wasn't working and your persistence wasn't helpful as, so far as I know, it's not a product designed for a cumultaive effect, but should give you an immediate, short-term benefit. If it left you struggling to get out of bed, then you're getting something wrong somewhere else and/or the persistence with a product that wasn't working was more destructive than useful.

HAHAHA ok man ur right ;)
    an energy product that I expected energy from (after reading peoples reviews from many diffrent sights) and because it did the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of what the product is made for I expected toooooo much ROFL ok man... cheers for the laugh..

If I buy a brand new car and for some reason it doesn start, well why would I complain? after all i'm expecting tooo much out of it if I think the CAR should DRIVE... ROFL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭COH

an energy product that I expected energy from (after reading peoples reviews from many diffrent sights) and because it did the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of what the product is made for I expected toooooo much ROFL ok man... cheers for the laugh..

If I buy a brand new car and for some reason it doesn start, well why would I complain? after all i'm expecting tooo much out of it if I think the CAR should DRIVE... ROFL

Not if there's no petrol in the tank.

• Advertisement

If there's no petrol in the tank, no, you can't complain. If that supplement left you in bed, there's no petrol in your tank. But listen, it's your money and workout to waste 'cos your comatose and depending on a product that hadn't worked for you before, so keep rofl'ing on there, good man.

Touche

Not going to argue man OK ur right ;)

Tbh its probably best you look at your pre-workout nutrition or general well being. A pre-workout stim supplement can't fix any issues with them.

Tbh its probably best you look at your pre-workout nutrition or general well being. A pre-workout stim supplement can't fix any issues with them.

I under stand that m8, just simply saying that the product didn work on me pal...

Haven a clue about the prices of whey protein so is that link I left here earlier for the Kinetica, is that a good price for the amount i'm getting?

Also was wondering does anyone train in the BLCO in ballyer? if so what times are the LEAST amount of people in there at?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

Cheers in advance

Still complaining three weeks later? ;)
    I took 3 scoops and nothing..

looking for more energy to keep me going for when I am lifting the weights.

I told the jack3d boys on facebook wat was going on and they said I needed to cycle off of caffeine because of how much soft drinks I used to drink..

Just want a pre work supp that will boost me with energy to keep me going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

I used USN pure protein IGF-1 and it taste sooooooo BAD!! I mean I can bearly handle the taste.

Never heard anyone complain about IGF-1 taste before.

john_cappa wrote: »

Seriously? I got the double choc and if u where to give it to someone not telling them what it is I really dont think anyone would guess choc...

john_cappa wrote: »

Yeah it's usually cost and servings per tub.

What's the point in taking BCAA products (xtend, aminox) bar maybe fasted cardio?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I really, really, really rate bcaa's mate.

I try to take everyday and if working out that day taken during the workout:

12-15g L-Glutamine
    12-15g BCAA 2:1:1
    06-08g Creatine

Mix it with 200mls robinsons and then add 750mls water to make a 1 litre mixture.

I find that with the robinsons the bcaa is not noticeable.

Since taken this concoction I'm finding it hard to suffer any noticeable doms no matter how hard I work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Are you talking about the unflavoured BCAA's guvnor because those taste absolutely diabolical, no other word for it.

The likes of xtend are pretty damn tasty, to the point of where I used a few scoops of it along with some dextrose powder when I ran out of mixer for my vodka a while back.

The price premium is 100% worth it in my books to avoid the horrific foulness of unvlavoured BCAA's.

Works out about an extra 7 euro for Xtend V2, which is flavoured and instantised, delivered compared to 1kg MP unflavoured BCAA powder.

But regardless of taste, both you found BCAA supplementation helped with DOMs and your workouts?

Ok a few things:

• No BCAA is instantised imo. They try and make it more instant by adding soya leichtin to it which is also what the use to instantise whey. It helps but they are not instant.
    • I use unflavoured. The taste yes is bad on it's own.
    • However if mixed as I suggest it is tasteless, genuinely.
    • My preferred flavour of robinsons is Lemon. They all work however but I prefer the lemon.
    • The current pre-made flavoured bcaa's are fine but for me they have too much flavouring - 25% is a lot.

Gummy - don't expect much from it - I did not but all I can say is you will defo feel better and in my opinion the workouts are better - you don't seem to fade quite as much etc.

Don't forget that xtend v2 is 56% bcaa and 44% other ingredients.

The key is to mix it up in a shaker and leave it for a few mins then pour into litre bottle BUT add say another 250-300mls to the shaker bottle 2-3 times to rinse it out so to speak and pour all of this into the 1 litre bottle - it is then mixed perfectly.

Thanks for help. I can always buy a small bag from a bulk supplier to try out.

Tbh, I don't expect much. Just a little less soreness would help

Most important Gummy is to know just how bad it does taste.

We all vary on taste but if you know what it tastes like (burnt acidic taste) you can then judge how much robinsons etc. you require to make it work for you etc.

Let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Quick question.

Pre WO supp like Jack3D: Increases bloodflow/energy/caffine hit etc. Might help with grinding out an extra rep or two, recover between sets.

Creatine mono: Quicker ATP/ADP conversions. Might help with grinding out an extra rep or two. (Ignore any water retentino affects for now)

Which of the two above would you recomend. I know the effect is tiny with both, but it might help with grinding out that last rep. Is creatine beter as a pre-work supp, or for post-work recovery.

Can anyone tell me if this is tooo much to be taking?

15g serving from BCAA
    2 scoops of protein
    5g serving of creatine..

Was told that these 3 stacked together are great...

but was wondering is that to much for my body to handle everyday????

and does it matter what order I take them in?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TheZ

Mellor wrote: »
    Quick question.

Pre WO supp like Jack3D: Increases bloodflow/energy/caffine hit etc. Might help with grinding out an extra rep or two, recover between sets.

Creatine mono: Quicker ATP/ADP conversions. Might help with grinding out an extra rep or two. (Ignore any water retentino affects for now)

Which of the two above would you recomend. I know the effect is tiny with both, but it might help with grinding out that last rep. Is creatine beter as a pre-work supp, or for post-work recovery.

Jack3D has some creatine in it but I think it is a small amount.

I am going to say on basis that grinding out extra rep or two is a mental thing that Jack3D is a better bet. I read somewhere that 30% of people are non-responders to creatine - never noticed a big difference

I think with all supplements there is a big placebo effect which is nonetheless a beneficial effect as if you think it helps you then it does help you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Does anyone know where to get cheap BCAAs? Caps or powder

Cheers

EDIT: That's store wise by the way, can't buy online at the moment unfortunately. Dublin area

Advertisement