Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

TheZ wrote: »
    Jack3D has some creatine in it but I think it is a small amount.
    It's prob only a gram or two.

Direct from the makers.
    We even recommend getting a bit extra creatine powder (2.5g more should do it for starters) either first thing in the morning, or immediately post-workout. Take it with 8oz of juice or simple sugars. The creatine in Jack3d is good, but not enough for most people.
    I am going to say on basis that grinding out extra rep or two is a mental thing that Jack3D is a better bet. I read somewhere that 30% of people are non-responders to creatine - never noticed a big difference
    I don't think the extra rep is purley a mental thing.
    I should of probably pointed out i'm talking about a stength routine, triples, singels etc. A small increae in ADP/ATP conversion (not sure of the correct phrase) might help maintain strength for the entire lift.

i have half a tub of Jack3D, so maybe the right answer is both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Can anyone tell me if this is tooo much to be taking?

15g serving from BCAA
    2 scoops of protein
    5g serving of creatine..

Was told that these 3 stacked together are great...

but was wondering is that to much for my body to handle everyday????

and does it matter what order I take them in?

Handle? There is nothing in that that you wont get from eating beef/steak.

"Stack together" tends to insinuate that there is some sort of synergistic effect....there is none.

Take creatine anytime you want, with anything you want, around 5 grams a day, no big deal if you miss a day or anything.

Take the BCAA intra or pre workout IMO and on their own. No point taking them with anything else as that serves to slow absorption.

Take the protein anytime you think you need protein.

TheZ wrote: »
    Jack3D has some creatine in it but I think it is a small amount.

I am going to say on basis that grinding out extra rep or two is a mental thing that Jack3D is a better bet. I read somewhere that 30% of people are non-responders to creatine - never noticed a big difference

I think with all supplements there is a big placebo effect which is nonetheless a beneficial effect as if you think it helps you then it does help you.

Closer to 10% and one possible reason is that they already have naturally high levels of creatine in their muscles ( see Aagaard 2004). Theoretically they should then already have the benefits of creatine.

Too many people claim to be non-responders when in reality they just expected too much in the first place and had too many other variables in their training to notice the difference creatine made.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Disko biscuits

john_cappa wrote: »
    Handle? There is nothing in that that you wont get from eating beef/steak.

"Stack together" tends to insinuate that there is some sort of synergistic effect....there is none.

Take creatine anytime you want, with anything you want, around 5 grams a day, no big deal if you miss a day or anything.

Take the BCAA intra or pre workout IMO and on their own. No point taking them with anything else as that serves to slow absorption.

Take the protein anytime you think you need protein.

Thanks very much for that man..

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Does anyone know where to get cheap BCAAs? Caps or powder

Cheers

EDIT: That's store wise by the way, can't buy online at the moment unfortunately. Dublin area

Just thought I'd help people out here, found a pretty good deal on Olimp BCAA caps in the Vitamin Shop on Aungier Street. 30 quid for 420. 2:1:1 ratio and its 15% off on Thursdays

• Advertisement

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Just thought I'd help people out here, found a pretty good deal on Olimp BCAA caps in the Vitamin Shop on Aungier Street. 30 quid for 420. 2:1:1 ratio and its 15% off on Thursdays

BCAA tablets are rubbish for the most. Expensive as hell and pretty pointless. you need to swallow 10-15 at a time. Pointless.

Just get BCAA powder from a bulk supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Guys does anywhere in the city centre sell those small satchets of protein that hold one serving size or whatever? I don't care about brands/price variety I just want the satchets.

imgashx.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've never bought from a brick and mortar institution, is this the sort of thing every supplement store holds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Try the supplement store on capel st. He used to keep ON samples

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

grimloch wrote: »
    Guys does anywhere in the city centre sell those small satchets of protein that hold one serving size or whatever? I don't care about brands/price variety I just want the satchets.

imgashx.png

I've never bought from a brick and mortar institution, is this the sort of thing every supplement store holds?
    Spar in Donnybrook have ON sachets.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,866 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

grimloch wrote: »

imgashx.png

why are you looking for single serving sachets? is it for ease of carrying around? There is a shaker you can buy that holds 1 or 2 single serving portions in capsules you screw to the bottom of the shaker - so you could buy the powder in bulk form (and thus cheaper overall) and separate it out as needed.

Of course you could need it in single servings for something entirely different and all I have said is wasted bullplop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I just need a few of them as a prop for something.

But that does remind me to buy one of those shakers with departments, such handy looking yokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Wheely GR8

fitness ireland are in smithfield ,they have kinetica sachets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Hi all,

I'm not great at undersanding the make up of products but I bought these the other day and compared to the H&B Cod Liver oil tabs I bought before they have the following make up.

Omega 3 fish Oil - 1000mg
    Omega 3 - 300mg
    EPA/DHA - 260mg

H&B ones are 500 mg of which 120 mg are Omega 3

So - are these better - obviously they have more than twice the H&B ones but are 1000mg rather than 500mg

Is there something else I should be looking out for ?

Thanks
    Rob

Just a heads up to anyone buying from MP. If you use the code SAVE at the checkout you get 10% off.

Its on the back cover of Flex and says it expires on 30/11/11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭marathonic

Just a heads up to anyone buying from MP. If you use the code SAVE at the checkout you get 10% off.

For me, that code seems to give a tenner discount on the UK site but is invalid on the irish site.

Probably lucky as I was about to order this

marathonic wrote: »
    For me, that code seems to give a tenner discount on the UK site but is invalid on the irish site.

Probably lucky as I was about to order this

If SAVE isn't working. Try BIG. I saw that on the back of Muscle Fitness today in Easons.

Worked for me to get a tub of Banana True Whey

If SAVE isn't working. Try BIG. I saw that on the back of Muscle Fitness today in Easons.

Worked for me to get a tub of Banana True Whey

Thanks for that. Have just ordered. I think €98.63 (+ €4.95 delivery) is a bargain for that bundle. It's just a pity I wasn't a first time customer again so that I could use a referral code and get it for €98.65 delivered :D

I think a lot of the bundles represent good value if they contain the items you're looking for because the bundles themselves result in a saving of up to 20%+ on the separate selling price and the 10% discount added to this means you're saving about a third in some cases.

myProtein have a 20% off Mass Gainers promotion at the moment when you use code GAIN at the checkout.

If you you the BIG code given above and then the GAIN code, you'll get 30% off. If you try it the other way around, it says that you can only use one code per order. It must be a glitch in the system but they tend to honor any orders made when this happens.

I've just ordered two of these for a friend for €43.46 (+ €4.95 delivery).

You may be able to get a further 5% off if it's your first order and you use a discount code. Not too sure about this though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Natures Way (Holland & Barrett) have buy one get another for 1c......includes a lot of their creatine products.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 johntoc

Is kinetica whey any good

• Advertisement

For loosing weight and building lean muscle or is it high in calories. It's the standard whey I'm talking about

johntoc wrote: »
    For loosing weight and building lean muscle or is it high in calories. It's the standard whey I'm talking about

It's a pretty standard whey concentrate/isolate blend. It's fine for supplementing your diet with more protein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

johntoc wrote: »
    Is kinetica whey any good

doesnt mix the best is the only fault i can think of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

dave80 wrote: »
    doesnt mix the best is the only fault i can think of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrCYX5lxVQo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Balls. Literally just made an order for over 60 euro!!! that'l learn me not to look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

drdeadlift wrote: »

ha takes 3 times longer than any other whey ive used, wont be buying it again

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

I'm just wondering when the best time to amino acid caps? also maltodextrin? I'm thinking straight after my workout for both? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Amino Acids - if you're working out fasted, pre-workout. If you're not, don't think AAs will make a difference. Maltodextrin - probably post wo (with protein).

• Advertisement

Can anyone advise me on the best whey protein and a casein. Getting back into working out 3-4 times a week. Any other supplements you would advise. Looking to put on very lean muscle so the lower the calories the better. I seem to gain fat easily but find it nearly impossible to loose it unless I actually drop the protein shake out of my diet.

Advertisement