Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

rocky wrote: »
    Amino Acids - if you're working out fasted, pre-workout. If you're not, don't think AAs will make a difference. Maltodextrin - probably post wo (with protein).

I find AA's excellent. I never work out fasted and am eating lots but still the AA do imo & ime make a noticeable difference.

Only downside to the powder is the taste but there are easy ways to mask it.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭__Robinhood__

Hi, Patrick here, I'm 21, just finished my second marathon last monday, i'm getting abit light though, 72kg, id like to build lean muscle, pref as quick as possible, i can do 3-4 sessions a week, i dont want to completely rule out the running or cardio training, maybe tone it down to 15-10 mins a session.
    Typical college diet is a bowl of crispies, Brown bread sandwich, baked potato, dinner changes from night to night.
    I was looking at the bundles on the MP website, can anyone recommend any? or any other bundles available on the net.
    Much Appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

Typical college diet is a bowl of crispies, Brown bread sandwich, baked potato, dinner changes from night to night.

Get off MP and get into the Diet Stickies here ASAP.

change my diet? thats healthy compared to the other stuff there throwing out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

The Guvnor wrote: »
    I find AA's excellent. I never work out fasted and am eating lots but still the AA do imo & ime make a noticeable difference.

Only downside to the powder is the taste but there are easy ways to mask it.

Whats the benefit of AA's? Ive been curious about them for a long time but Ive never had the chance to ask a proper lifter what they thought

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

gymsoldier wrote: »
    Get off MP and get into the Diet Stickies here ASAP.
    change my diet? thats healthy compared to the other stuff there throwing out

Not sure what you're comparing it to that you think makes your diet look healthy, but it's not healthy from what you've written there and the man is dead right about changing your diet to meet your goals.

Not sure what you're comparing it to that you think makes your diet look healthy, but it's not healthy from what you've written there and the man is dead right about changing your diet to meet your goals.

That's versus curry chips, chicken and chips etc, I just look at what i'm eating and see its a whole lot better than what others are eating, moneys a bit of an issue, of course the processed is the cheapest, the only reason I mentioned MP is because they recommends Diet for lean muscle and the provide the necessary supplements? would this be a good start?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭BlueIsland

That's versus curry chips, chicken and chips etc, I just look at what i'm eating and see its a whole lot better than what others are eating, moneys a bit of an issue, of course the processed is the cheapest, the only reason I mentioned MP is because they recommends Diet for lean muscle and the provide the necessary supplements? would this be a good start?? Thanks

Rice crispies, bread and baked potatoes are probably on same scale as curry chips and normal chips chief. The chicken is a 100% better idea! You on a thread entitled supplementation but mention a diet that seems to have zero protein/good fats etc etc (as per the stickies).....forget supplements for a while and find something in your diet to supplement!

Whats the benefit of AA's? Ive been curious about them for a long time but Ive never had the chance to ask a proper lifter what they thought

:)

First thing I take everyday now:

15g BCAA
    15g L-Glutamine
    07g Creatine

All mixed up together in a litre bottle.

Benefits - workouts are good, hard to say better but you do not get as much muscle soreness and recovery is imo improved.

You also do not tail off during the workout - finish stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

If you can afford supplements you can afford a decent diet.

For 30-40 euro per week then you can eat fantastically well with a little planning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

johntoc wrote: »
    Can anyone advise me on the best whey protein and a casein.

Best in what way?

My preference would be for reflex pepfusion (blend though not entirely whey).

Cheapest option would be whey from bulk powders.

Looking to put on very lean muscle so the lower the calories the better.

Protein has a fixed amount of calories per gram. This does not change from brand to brand.

I seem to gain fat easily but find it nearly impossible to loose it unless I actually drop the protein shake out of my diet.

You are slightly misguided in what you are thinking here. Protein shakes do not make you fat no more than eating leafy salad makes you fat. Same as anything you eat it has calories in it. Dropping one thing (the protein shake) will not make you loose fat all of a sudden.

Do some reading mate on diet and nutrition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

:)

First thing I take everyday now:

15g BCAA
    15g L-Glutamine
    07g Creatine

All mixed up together in a litre bottle.

Benefits - workouts are good, hard to say better but you do not get as much muscle soreness and recovery is imo improved.

You also do not tail off during the workout - finish stronger.

Definitely looking into that so. I took glutamine years back and wasnt convinced but I was only taking 5g per day.
    Talking of tailing off since I came off GOMAD I drink a glucose/whey mix during the workouts and without doubt it stops me fading

Now plenty will say don't take LG with BCAA they'll compete with each other for absorption, others say add carbs to the bcaa.

I just do the mix as it's convenient!

Plus the L-G actually helps the taste - ime and imo LG will make something that tastes bad, taste better and something that tastes good, taste worse - work that one out! LOL

Definitely taking on some cals helps with fading and makes a lot of sense imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

Now plenty will say don't take LG with BCAA they'll compete with each other for absorption

I don't believe in all that bullsh1t absorption site theory.

Now plenty will say don't take LG with BCAA they'll compete with each other for absorption, others say add carbs to the bcaa.

I just do the mix as it's convenient!

Plus the L-G actually helps the taste - ime and imo LG will make something that tastes bad, taste better and something that tastes good, taste worse - work that one out! LOL

Well established piece of science there

BlueIsland wrote: »
    Rice crispies, bread and baked potatoes are probably on same scale as curry chips and normal chips chief. The chicken is a 100% better idea! You on a thread entitled supplementation but mention a diet that seems to have zero protein/good fats etc etc (as per the stickies).....forget supplements for a while and find something in your diet to supplement!

Thanks, Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

Hey guys!

Can anyone recommend good creatine pills/tabs their taking at the moment or have taken?

Switching from powder just for handiness and doesn't really agree with me.

Cheers :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

Hey guys!

Can anyone recommend good creatine pills/tabs their taking at the moment or have taken?

Switching from powder just for handiness and doesn't really agree with me.

Cheers :D

I got 120 caps from Holland and Barret, forget the brand but they do the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

NinjaK wrote: »
    I got 120 caps from Holland and Barret, forget the brand but they do the job!
    Cheers mate will call in and have a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Hogan1

What does everyone think of the quality and selection of supplements available in Ireland?

Hogan1 wrote: »
    What does everyone think of the quality and selection of supplements available in Ireland?

You asked that question on the internet, so I'm gonna say the "in Ireland" bit was fairly redundant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I just bought 2 tubs of creatine from H&B. Never taken it before. On the back it says you should take it 4 times a day for 5 days (loading). That would mean the whole 900g tub would be gone by tuesday. And the scoop is really big. Is this right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Was given a load of Olimp Thermo Speed Extreme capsules recently. Was thinking of taking them on cut in a couple of weeks.

Has anyone tried them? Good? Bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Spunge wrote: »
    I just bought 2 tubs of creatine from H&B. Never taken it before. On the back it says you should take it 4 times a day for 5 days (loading). That would mean the whole 900g tub would be gone by tuesday. And the scoop is really big. Is this right ?

take 15g a day for 5 days and then 5g a day after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

TRUED (at checkout) = 50% off MP Max Elle True Diet protein (tub version) - vanilla/choc/strawberry (saw on misc)

SAVE (at checkout) = further 10% off your order (found in this thread)

Use a referral code (at checkout) for a further 5% off (if making a new account I think - my referral code is MP401036 but feel free to use anyones, not doing this for MP points just giving people a heads up).

My order =
    3 Tubs Max Elle Choc 1.8kg
    1 Tub Max Elle Vanilla 1.8kg
    2 Pouches Impact Whey 5kg

18.8kg total for €162.61 => €8.65 / kg

Also added 2kg of creatine to bring it to €186 total, discount €120. happy days

anyone with other codes post up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

jive wrote: »
    TRUED (at checkout) = 50% off MP Max Elle True Diet protein (tub version) - vanilla/choc/strawberry (saw on misc)

SAVE (at checkout) = further 10% off your order (found in this thread)

Use a referral code (at checkout) for a further 5% off (if making a new account I think - my referral code is MP401036 but feel free to use anyones, not doing this for MP points just giving people a heads up).

My order =
    3 Tubs Max Elle Choc 1.8kg
    1 Tub Max Elle Vanilla 1.8kg
    2 Pouches Impact Whey 5kg

18.8kg total for €162.61 => €8.65 / kg

Also added 2kg of creatine to bring it to €186 total, discount €120. happy days

anyone with other codes post up!

I was trying to get stuff from MP after far too long of whenever I went to the basket it was for some reason empty, I went to put in some of the codes it'll only except one at a time, very very fusterating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Orla K wrote: »
    I was trying to get stuff from MP after far too long of whenever I went to the basket it was for some reason empty, I went to put in some of the codes it'll only except one at a time, very very fusterating.

Ill take it for granted that you have set up an account with them? Or else nothing will go through to checkout:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Ill take it for granted that you have set up an account with them? Or else nothing will go through to checkout:rolleyes:

I think that was browser problems(it's been giving me trouble lately) nothing to do with mp but very frustrating, more so when it was doing it half the time and then being fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Where's the best place (cheapest) to buy ON Whey?

Advertisement