Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Naos wrote: »
    It's €28 a tub when you use the code JAN23 & get 30% off.

Liquid egg whites are great.
    I have 6 tbsp per day along with 3 egg whites.
    6kg lasts a v long time.

On MP it says you must use the litre within 2-3 days of opening, do you keep it longer than that?

Yes. Couple of weeks.
    It's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭marathonic

On MP it says you must use the litre within 2-3 days of opening, do you keep it longer than that?

They have "use by" dates of the first and second week in March. Can you freeze them? If not, keep this in mind when ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Hi, I just bought this bundle from myprotein
    http://www.myprotein.com/ie/products/the-big-deal-bundle

It contains the following:
    MP MAX® True Whey (Strawberry, 2.27kg):
    Creatine Monohydrate (250g):
    Omega 3 1000mg (90 softgels)
    Daily Vitamins (60 tablets):
    Instant Oats (2.5kg):
    Dextrose (1kg):

I've never used dextrose or creatine before. I'm grand with the rest.
    My question is when should I consume them? Morning/evening/before/after workout etc
    And what about rest days?

Thanks for any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Instant Oats (2.5kg):
    Dextrose (1kg):

My question is when should I consume them? Morning/evening/before/after workout etc

Thanks for any help.

On workout out days, have a post workout shake of true whey, dextrose, creatine. Some people throw oats in as well if a meal won't be ate for a while.

On non-workout days, take the creatine in the morning.

To be honest, it doesn't matter a huge amount with creatine. Those two are just easy examples to follow. Nice bundle as well. Good luck with your goals

marathonic wrote: »

They have "use by" dates of the first and second week in March. Can you freeze them? If not, keep this in mind when ordering.

Yeah, you can freeze them.

Mine say use by date of April 2012 - the current batch will be well gone by then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Instant Oats (2.5kg):
    Dextrose (1kg):

Thanks for any help.

The when is important but more important is the why?

Why are you taking dextrose. Dextrose is just sugar. A carb. No more no less. Can be bought in tescos! Athletes use dextrose to produce an insulin spike after working out. This insulin spike induces the formation of glycogen in muscle cells that was lost during training. Whether or not your actual glycogen stores are every depleted for the average trainer is another question. Personally i think protein alone does the same job assuming a decent PPWO meal follows up.

Creatine. Assuming you are taking mono 5 grams a day every day at anytime. If you miss a day no big deal.
    Some info here
    http://articles.muscletalk.co.uk/article-creatine.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭lynchy101

Hey,great thread!

Could anyone tell me where I could get Maximuscle Cyclone in Cork City?

Also,is it a good supplement to start off with?I play rugby and like how its an all-in-one.

lynchy101 wrote: »
    Hey,great thread!

Could anyone tell me where I could get Maximuscle Cyclone in Cork City?

Also,is it a good supplement to start off with?I play rugby and like how its an all-in-one.

Why bother with Maximuscle Cyclone – or any Maximuscle product for that matter. The bulk providers products are of an equivalent, and sometimes better, quality at a fraction of the price. The extra money spent on Maximuscle doesn’t go towards producing a better quality product – it goes towards a marketing budget for adverts on tv and in all those glossy magazines.

A 2.7kg tub of Maximuscle Cyclone costs €84.99 with free delivery from www.discountsupplements.ie. A serving size is 60g and contains 230 calories, Protein 30g, Carbohydrate 21g and Fat 4.68g. There are 45 servings in a tub.

A 5kg pouch of flavoured Hurricane XS costs €82.84 including delivery from http://www.myprotein.com/IE/products/hurricane-xs. A serving size is 70g and contains 219 calories, Protein 29.6g, Carbohydrate 20.3g and Fat 2.5g. There are 71 servings in a tub.

As you can see above, the nutritional information for both products is almost identical but you get far more servings with Hurricane XS for slightly less money. Both contain HMB and Creatine. The only thing that Cyclone contains extra is Glutamine – which isn’t really necessary and DEFINITELY isn’t worth the addional money.

If you haven’t ordered from myProtein before, you can use my referral code which will get you an extra 5% off. It’s MP289427 and will bring the cost of the above down to €78.95 including delivery.

Also, check out www.bulkpowders.com and www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk to see if you can get what you want cheaper there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

john_cappa wrote: »
    The when is important but more important is the why?

Why are you taking dextrose. Dextrose is just sugar. A carb. No more no less. Can be bought in tescos! Athletes use dextrose to produce an insulin spike after working out. This insulin spike induces the formation of glycogen in muscle cells that was lost during training. Whether or not your actual glycogen stores are every depleted for the average trainer is another question. Personally i think protein alone does the same job assuming a decent PPWO meal follows up.

Creatine. Assuming you are taking mono 5 grams a day every day at anytime. If you miss a day no big deal.
    Some info here
    http://articles.muscletalk.co.uk/article-creatine.aspx[/QUOTE]

Great article.
    Why am I taking dextrose? Not sure really.
    Up to now I only took Whey post workout. I want to train very hard over the next few months so I decided to try something new on the nutrition side. After a lot of reading my head was spinning a bit, then I came across the bundle deals, I figured that myprotein know what they are talking about so I decided to go for that. I know very little about dextrose or creatine to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 G0D

Hey guys, just a quick question. I'm on a weight loss "program" - for lack of a better word - and think I've done well so far to kick my diet into shape and get plenty of exercise. I have a protein shake every evening, and take some apple cider tablets every morning just to help my metabolism. Are there any other supplements I could be looking in to? Not as cheating or a short cut or anything, but just something that could help. If not, I'll gladly just continue as I am. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭EamoS

I bought 5 kilos of Optimum Nutritions weight gain supplement, but without properly checkin it to be honest. Turns out there is a 5:1 ratio of carbs to protein. this sounds useless to my needs. Im 6'2 and 13 stone, so quite skinny and the only i put weight on is my belly and my face which obviously isnt what im looking for, I cant see how all these carbs are gonna go in the right places! im thinkin i should have a low carb but high calorie and protein diet?

Am I right in waht im saying above? and what supplement should i try exchange it for if so? 

thanks in advance!

sorry dont know why that posted like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ray jay

Yeah you should have looked closer, weight gainers are nearly all carbs. That said if you want to gain a lot of muscle, you could use the carbs anyway. Usually people buy whey protein to supplement their diets, but it's possible to get all the nutrients you need without any shakes if you plan your diet properly.

Yeah, well i do want to gain a lot of muscle. so are you saying the weight gainer would also help in this on its own(obviously with the right training)? 

Or are u suggesting using the carbs and buying a whey protein seperately? 

Or should i just spend my money all on protein instead? Personally im thinking this would be best because i think my diet has enough carbs (skinny arms but a bit of a belly!).

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭lynchy101

Why bother with Maximuscle Cyclone – or any Maximuscle product for that matter. The bulk providers products are of an equivalent, and sometimes better, quality at a fraction of the price. The extra money spent on Maximuscle doesn’t go towards producing a better quality product – it goes towards a marketing budget for adverts on tv and in all those glossy magazines.

A 2.7kg tub of Maximuscle Cyclone costs €84.99 with free delivery from www.discountsupplements.ie. A serving size is 60g and contains 230 calories, Protein 30g, Carbohydrate 21g and Fat 4.68g. There are 45 servings in a tub.

A 5kg pouch of flavoured Hurricane XS costs €82.84 including delivery from http://www.myprotein.com/IE/products/hurricane-xs. A serving size is 70g and contains 219 calories, Protein 29.6g, Carbohydrate 20.3g and Fat 2.5g. There are 71 servings in a tub.

As you can see above, the nutritional information for both products is almost identical but you get far more servings with Hurricane XS for slightly less money. Both contain HMB and Creatine. The only thing that Cyclone contains extra is Glutamine – which isn’t really necessary and DEFINITELY isn’t worth the addional money.

If you haven’t ordered from myProtein before, you can use my referral code which will get you an extra 5% off. It’s MP289427 and will bring the cost of the above down to €78.95 including delivery.

Also, check out www.bulkpowders.com and www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk to see if you can get what you want cheaper there.
    Thanks for that mate.Very informative post.

My further research tells me Hurricane XS is indeed a far superior option.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

EamoS wrote: »
    Yeah, well i do want to gain a lot of muscle. so are you saying the weight gainer would also help in this on its own(obviously with the right training)? 

Or are u suggesting using the carbs and buying a whey protein seperately? 

Or should i just spend my money all on protein instead? Personally im thinking this would be best because i think my diet has enough carbs (skinny arms but a bit of a belly!).

Thanks again
    Eamos, to gain weight you need excess calories. Carbs are an easy way to hit this.
    Trying to getting 3-4000 cals from protien with out carbs is tough, theres no real need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭jt_dublin

A good offer for supplements on one of the deals websites today.

http://www.todaysdeals.ie/Index.aspx?dlid=234

Sorry boardsdeals, I was hesitant about promoting the competitors, but I did get permission first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Yeah, you can freeze them.

Mine say use by date of April 2012 - the current batch will be well gone by then

Cheers lads - it wasn't so much the when to use by but more the when it's opened, how long do you have.

Few weeks sounds great.

jt_dublin wrote: »
    A good offer for supplements on one of the deals websites today.

http://www.todaysdeals.ie/Index.aspx?dlid=234

Sorry boardsdeals, I was hesitant about promoting the competitors, but I did get permission first :)

Thats is an excellent deal. Prices are not that bad. Range is small though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Does anyone have any voucher codes for any of the supplement websites? I'm running low on everythin so it's gonna be a big order =[

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any voucher codes for any of the supplement websites? I'm running low on everythin so it's gonna be a big order =[

This stack is a pretty big bargain for 60 euro when you go via the deal above, i.e. http://www.todaysdeals.ie/Index.aspx?dlid=234#detailsdeal2

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

You can use this code: TD1004441 for the FSV order...get an extra 10% off i believe.I just bought the 60 quid deal there.great value for 10lbs whey and 500grams creatine.Boom!

what are you after?

This stack is a pretty big bargain for 60 euro when you go via the deal above, i.e. http://www.todaysdeals.ie/Index.aspx?dlid=234#detailsdeal2

Is that just an all in one + some ZMA? Would not bother.

Get a 100 quid voucher for 60 quid and then buy http://www.fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie/Products/Optimum-Nutrition/Whey-Protein-Gold-Standard-10lb

Good value!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Whey gold standard, storm creatine, oxy elite pro, I used jack 3d but never got a benefit out of it so thinking of trying one of the other ones, and i was looking at bcaa's too.

Whey gold standard, storm creatine, oxy elite pro, I used jack 3d but never got a benefit out of it so thinking of trying one of the other ones, and i was looking at bcaa's too.

Good deal on gold whey above. Wouldnt bother with strom creatine. Creatine mono is just as good. There is NO research showing other types of creatine are anymore effective than plain mono. Oxy elite pro is a waste of money. Jacked=the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭jt_dublin

Get a 100 quid voucher for 60 quid and then buy http://www.fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie/Products/Optimum-Nutrition/Whey-Protein-Gold-Standard-10lb

Good value!!

I use the Nutrition X Big Whey and it costs 10 quid less for 10lbs of this.

http://www.fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie/Products/Nutrition-X/Big-Whey-Protein-5lb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Good value!!

God damnit!

I just bought a 5lb tub for €50. Ah well it was my treat for a ****ty day looking at rental apartments

My order arrived from MyProtein yesterday.
    After only 4 days this time.

The total peptide is nice enough (vanilla flavor) although the serving size (50g) for 31g of protein is a bit high.
    Carbs are 3.5g per serving so quite low & fall within the limit for my keto diet so that's good.

Happy with myprotein this time.

• Advertisement

If carb is 3.5 and protein is 31, what is the other 15 grams per 50?

Advertisement