Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

john_cappa wrote: »
    If carb is 3.5 and protein is 31, what is the other 15 grams per 50?

My mistake on protein content.
    It's
    35.1g protein
    3.7g carbs
    5.0g fat
    1.1g fibre
    0.291g sodium
    1.5g glutamine peptides
    1.412g flaxseed

That's about it

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭swededmonkey

kinetika oat gain??

i'm starting a bulk phase and have been looking at this, any reviews or experiences with this?

it appeals to me because the carb content is derived from low GI oats rather than sugars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭lynchy101

Could anyone give my advice on where to fit MP Whey and Hurricane XS into my diet?I dont have a clue when to take them.Was thinking of:

8:00 -MP Impact Whey
    -70 grams instant oats
    -Cup of Coffee

11:00-Big handful of unsalted peanuts

1:30-Two grilled chicken breasts,lots of salad.

4:00-MP Impact Whey with instant oats mixed in

WORKOUT

4:45-MP Hurricane XS

6:00-Meat with truckload of veg.
    -Fat free yogurt

9:00-Cottage cheese

Would it be ok to take whey and Hurricane XS like that?

Or should I drop one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Don Booker

I bought a Vitamin D supplement last week because someone told me of a condition that upsets the mood when there is a lack of sunshine. Sid or something.
    €9 . Next time China!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

kinetika oat gain??

i'm starting a bulk phase and have been looking at this, any reviews or experiences with this?

it appeals to me because the carb content is derived from low GI oats rather than sugars

Have been on this for two weeks, got the raspberry yogurt flavour, tastes great, got it for the same reasons as you on a bulk and wanted a gainer with low gi carbs, healthy fats and a good bit of protein.

All good so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

kinetika oat gain??

Seems to me like you'd be better off (from a monetary point of view) just buying whey and adding your own oats to it when your making a shake. Just add oats + whey to water/milk and blitz, add oil if you want (i believe kinetika oat gain contains low amounts of coconut oil).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

ARGH!!!

Its all so confusing... I mean maximuscle site says to take cyclone twice every day!

I personally train in gym 3 days a week at most and only take it those days, the morning of and then after training... i do cardio (5 - 7km run) on two other evenings but im wondering now should i be taking it every day as recommended, taking it 5 days a week (gym and cardio days) or only on gym days!?

Im new to gyms and new to supplements. have altered diet dramatically over last few months eliminating a lot of crap and eating a hell of a lot healthier with more smaller portions per day.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

ARGH!!!

Its all so confusing... I mean maximuscle site says to take cyclone twice every day!

I personally train in gym 3 days a week at most and only take it those days, the morning of and then after training... i do cardio (5 - 7km run) on two other evenings but im wondering now should i be taking it every day as recommended, taking it 5 days a week (gym and cardio days) or only on gym days!?

Im new to gyms and new to supplements. have altered diet dramatically over last few months eliminating a lot of crap and eating a hell of a lot healthier with more smaller portions per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Morphéus wrote: »
    ARGH!!!

Well you should be takign anything if you don't know what it is for tbh.

Maximuscle is overpriced, finish it off, but get soemthing better value next time.

As for Cyclone. Why are you taking it?
    It's made up of protein, carbs and creatine. All of these things are fine to take everyday. I take creatine and protein every day. Don't feel the need for extra carbs.

So you could take it every day.
    OR
    You could use only around workout for extra carbs, and get your protein from whey only shakes/food the rest of the time. With or without creatine on its own etc to keep taking that etc.

So it really depends on the rest of your diet, and what you are eating.
    It's just food, don't think of it as any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Myofusion chocolate peanut butter....

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

john_cappa wrote: »
    Good deal on gold whey above. Wouldnt bother with strom creatine. Creatine mono is just as good. There is NO research showing other types of creatine are anymore effective than plain mono. Oxy elite pro is a waste of money. Jacked=the same.

now look who is talking through their arse lol:D

please dont come back and say their are cheaper alternatives it works so it isn't a waste of money anyone who says this doesn't work has too much caffeine in their diet simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Padlock69

Don Booker wrote: »
    I bought a Vitamin D supplement last week because someone told me of a condition that upsets the mood when there is a lack of sunshine. Sid or something.
    €9 . Next time China!

S.A.D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

It seems the only place on the internet my EBS mastercard doesnt work is myprotein and bulkpowders. wtf man. i want some protein.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

How do y'all rate No Xplode? I took it yesterday and noticed increased pumps and a bit more longevity. I've upped the dosage today by 0.5, took it 20 mins ago and going to gym in 20 mins, starting to feel a bit funny, eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tekken

Hi Guys.
    Been using myprotein hurricane for a few months now as it was on special offer at the time and its a handy all in one so i stocked up on it.

Nearly out of it now and am considering changing to another brand as myprotein seem to have gotten expensive.

Could anyone recommend a similar product or a different product.

Basically looking for an all in one supplement but I am open to all and any other suggestion from ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Tekken wrote: »
    Hi Guys.
    Been using myprotein hurricane for a few months now as it was on special offer at the time and its a handy all in one so i stocked up on it.

Nearly out of it now and am considering changing to another brand as myprotein seem to have gotten expensive.

Could anyone recommend a similar product or a different product.

Basically looking for an all in one supplement but I am open to all and any other suggestion from ye.

For an all in one try bulkpowders complete all in one.

Still probably a lot cheaper to buy the ingredients seperate e.g. Protein + carb source + creatine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    How do y'all rate No Xplode? I took it yesterday and noticed increased pumps and a bit more longevity. I've upped the dosage today by 0.5, took it 20 mins ago and going to gym in 20 mins, starting to feel a bit funny, eek!

Its great for hangovers.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Its great for hangovers.:pac:

Took this stuff few years ago,doing a leg session and half way through the mobile rang..only when i was speaking to the person on the other end did i notice how off my nut i was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Does no-explode have a similar comedown to jack3d ?

jack3d makes me feel unable to move, depressed, unable to sleep. great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭rower2K8

Hi can anyone recommand a good testostrone booster.? and also does anyone know any where in dublin that stock usp pink magic.? cheers

• Advertisement

rower2K8 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone recommand a good testostrone booster.? and also does anyone know any where in dublin that stock usp pink magic.? cheers

There is no good testosterone booster over the counter

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tekken

Just realised my last bag left of hurricane has a best before from 2 months ago!!!!

Do ye guys think it still be ok to use or should I feed it to the bin???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I take:

BSN Syntha 6 (There is no better tasting protein, it is unbelievably nice!)
    BSN Cell Mass (tastes like crap)
    BSN NO Xplode (tastes like crap)

Tonvara 60% Protodioscin Tribulus Terrestris
    Centrum Advance
    Sona Milk Thistle

I'm really happy with BSN products. I used Optimum Nutrition protein for a long time, recently swapped over to Syntha 6 and I would be hard pressed to go back to Optimum.
    rower2K8 wrote: »

In terms of latent testosterone boosters I like Tribulus, it's well known, I buy mine on ebay as it's the highest purity I could find and I have noticed it's effects.

I have no knowledge of anabolic testosterone boosters, nor would I take them.
    BraziliaNZ wrote: »

I take it the days I do chest and legs, I don't take it more than twice a week, and I use half a scoop at a time. I notice the effects and I think it's an effective product. I definitely would not take it every time I train, I only do it for days I like to go heavy or muscle groups that don't respond as quickly to stimulus as others (ie: my chest and my legs, whereas I don't need it on days I train my back or arms).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Tekken wrote: »
    Just realised my last bag left of hurricane has a best before from 2 months ago!!!!

Do ye guys think it still be ok to use or should I feed it to the bin???

The key thing here is always this:

Expiry Date - Closer to the date when it should be chucked but if stored correctly it will still be fine.
    Best Before Date - as it says best before this but fine afterwards.
    Retest Date - if stored correctly as good as new.

Bear in mind that manufacturers are geared to err on the side of caution.

Does your bag taste and smell and look like previous bags? How long ago did you buy it and does it have a manufacture date on it?

Dermighty wrote: »
    In terms of latent testosterone boosters I like Tribulus, it's well known, I buy mine on ebay as it's the highest purity I could find and I have noticed it's effects.

Tribulus is more a libido booster then testosterone booster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Isn't Tribulus the stuff that is commonly known for being complete BS?

please dont come back and say their are cheaper alternatives it works so it isn't a waste of money anyone who says this doesn't work has too much caffeine in their diet simple as.

I think his point was, at a basic level, they are the same product.
    I've never read the ingredient list on oxy elite, but shouldnt be difficult to find

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Mellor wrote: »

I think his point was, at a basic level, they are the same product.
    I've never read the ingredient list on oxy elite, but shouldnt be difficult to find

Yes they are pretty similar as the main stimulant in both is caffeine, but jack3d is a lot more potent for the simple reason that it has a lot more caffeine as you can go between 1 and 3 scoops depending on your sensitivity towards the product.

But thats irelevant ,My point which was that jacked 3d works and to say otherwise is more than likely an indication there is too much caffeine in your diet to feel the actual effect

the solution to that would be to cycle your caffeine intake so your body doesn't actually grow a custom to a certain level of intake.

For anyone who doesnt find jacked effective, just cut out caffeine completly from your diet for at least 2 weeks and then try jacked , it will more than likely hit you like a train.

There is no point in spreading rubbish that it doesn't work just because your a coffee or soda monster who expects to get the full benifits :)

I'm sure if myprotein manufactured it, it would be the best thing to hit the supplement market. (joke)! :)

My point was that he didn't say it didn't work. He jsut said that Oxy is over priced.
    A quick google says they are 100mg caffien per cap. Which is pretty low, Jacked is a better option.

I use jacked on and off like you suggest. Same as my coffee intake. Works fine for me, but I can see how a coffee addict mgiht not feel it as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

To me it looks like 'Jack3d' and similar products are hugely overpriced due to the lack of profit being made from whey products. I'd take Will Brink's advice and make my own from the effective raw ingredients(which are sometimes in minuscule doses in some of those 'propriety blends').

With caffeine the boost seems to be psychological rather than physical, many notice improvements in concentration, but strength benefits are negligible IIRC. Cycling caffeine is an option, but aren't the same receptors used for other stimulants often in PWO supplements?

Advertisement