Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭marathonic

Ice87 wrote: »
    Looking to buy a 5kg bag of whey. Can anyone recommend a flavour with myprotein as i've yet to use them. Is vanilla alright?

my favorite is chocolate mint....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

How many mls are required to weigh 25g?

IME the closest scoop to work for you will be 53ml which yields 24.75g or so.

This is when level.

Not in relation to MP but some co's have scoops in their products which gives a lot more powder than suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

boomtown84 wrote: »
    Highly recommend this company(FSV). Nice to deal with and fast delivery.

The lads at Fitness supplements ireland are very good, and helpful but there stock is limited.
    Sorry I forgot to reply. I got my Kinetica whey and a free shaker this morning from fsv.ie

Vanilla Kinetica whey is not bad :)

I got the choc Kinetica and a free shaker but the protein content in it is very low(21g in 30g scoop). Its a good Irish Brand if your that way inclined but in my opinion you just cant beat buying a good isolate form any of the big wholesalers!

ironscience.com
    myprotein.com
    bulkpowders.com

highest protein content for value of money
    Looking to buy a 5kg bag of whey. Can anyone recommend a flavour with myprotein as i've yet to use them. Is vanilla alright?

You cant usually go wrong with choc wherever you order from but personally i find all myprotein flavours very sweet, i like bulkpowders unflavoured for the high protein content, or vanilla or choc from ironscience both very pure and clean tasting:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Sorry I forgot to reply. I got my Kinetica whey and a free shaker this morning from fsv.ie

Vanilla Kinetica whey is not bad :)

I got the choc Kinetica and a free shaker but the protein content in it is very low(21g in 30g scoop). Its a good Irish Brand if your that way inclined but in my opinion you just cant beat buying a good isolate form any of the big wholesalers!

ironscience.com
    myprotein.com
    bulkpowders.com

highest protein content for value of money

It's the right amount of protein for a choc flavoured WPC/WPI blend.

Though isolate is better. Pity MyProtein charge Irish VAT on whey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Hey, im not getting enough greens into my diet. Im just wondering is there any good supplments i can take to help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Hey, im not getting enough greens into my diet. Im just wondering is there any good supplments i can take to help

When I make protein shakes in the morning or at night I blend them with half a head of broccoli and they still taste great.

You can buy green powders to help. MyProtein do SuperVeg XS and SuperFood XS.

Though why do you think you're not getting enough?

Optimum Nutrition banana creme is the worst Optimum flavour I've tried yet.

Should have gotten Choc mint again (unreal!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Dermighty wrote: »
    When I make protein shakes in the morning or at night I blend them with half a head of broccoli and they still taste great.

Jeasus thats a fairly good idea!
    Best flavor ON produce is prob French vanilla cream.They admitted they never bother to push it in comparison to the vanilla ice cream its miles ahead.
    Might try get a few 2lb tubs is stock and do an offer on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭meijin

unflavoured only! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

http://www.myprotein.com/ie/

Up to 50% off sale.

Grabbed a couple of boxes of protein bars and a few packs of jerky to test.

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Jeasus thats a fairly good idea!
    Best flavor ON produce is prob French vanilla cream.They admitted they never bother to push it in comparison to the vanilla ice cream its miles ahead.
    Might try get a few 2lb tubs is stock and do an offer on it.

The chocolate mint is the best I've tried.

tried double rich chocolate (nice), chocolate mint (the best), banana cream (synthetic!), cookies and cream and strawberry (not nice).

I take BSN Syntha 6 also, which tastes amazing! I'll stop taking Syntha 6 though, 50% of the serving cals are from fat which isn't really necessary for me as I eat plenty of Olive oil anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sharkey 25

I am just about to finish a tub of jack3d , I don't think ill be buying another one because I don't think its a great product. I was thinking of buying some of the ingredients found in pre workout blends and making my own . Have any of Ye done this? Is it worth it?

Kinetica whey doesn't mix well compared to bulk whey from MyProtein and Bulkpowders

My new post workout shake (all sourced from myProtein):
    • 50g Whey Concentrate (Vanilla)
    • 50g Waxy Maize Starch
    • 5g Creatine Monohydrate
    • 3g L-Glutamine
    • 2g L-Lieucine

Regarding taste, it's not as bad as I was expecting. One of the ingredients doesn't seem to mix well as it leaves a slightly chalky taste and one of the others has an aftertaste that I find quite nice (but others mightn't). I can't put my fingers on which ingredient causes each of these as I've never tried them separate.

I can't comment on effectiveness yet as I only started it yesterday.

marathonic wrote: »
    • 50g Waxy Maize Starch
    • 3g L-Glutamine
    • 2g L-Lieucine

Regarding taste, it's not as bad as I was expecting. One of the ingredients doesn't seem to mix well as it leaves a slightly chalky taste and one of the others has an aftertaste that I find quite nice (but others mightn't). I can't put my fingers on which ingredient causes each of these as I've never tried them separate.

Waxy maize is probably making it chalky. Glutamine is more then likely the aftertaste.

Waxy maize is probably making it chalky. Glutamine is more then likely the aftertaste.

Yeah, I'd thought the Waxy Maize was the chalkiness (as you taste it a little through the whole shake). I wasn't sure whether the aftertaste was Lieucine, Glutamine or Creatine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Kinetica whey doesn't mix well compared to bulk whey from MyProtein and Bulkpowders

Just received my order from FSV.ie with Kinetica whey and can confirm this :(

Oh well, lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm looking for something to replace my daily mid-morning tin of tuna (and a couple of rice cakes) and was looking at the MyProtein True MRP. I've been eating tuna every weekday for the past year and I'm sick of it no so I need something to take its place that has enough protein in it. True MRP has 40g of protein, 20g of carbs and is a shake so is easy to prepare and consume.

Has anyone used it? If so, does it stop you being hungry for an hour or so and how does it taste?

• 50g Waxy Maize Starch
    • 3g L-Glutamine
    • 2g L-Lieucine

Do you take anything pre workout? How long does delivery from my protein take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Yip

i'm looking to put on some lean mass and was thinking of taking an
    all-in-one supplement to help.anyone here used any of these or can recommend 1?
    Kinetica Complete
    PhD Synergy-ISO-7
    Reflex Nutrition One Stop

i know there is already a supplement thread but there is nearly 300 pages in that...

thanks

sharkey 25 wrote: »
    Do you take anything pre workout? How long does delivery from my protein take?

Just normal food an hour before and maybe a cup of coffee about 15 minutes before (but not always). No supplements.

Delivery from myProtein takes about 4 working days. PM me if you'd like a discount code.

Yip wrote: »
    i'm looking to put on some lean mass and was thinking of taking an
    all-in-one supplement to help.anyone here used any of these or can recommend 1?
    Kinetica Complete
    PhD Synergy-ISO-7
    Reflex Nutrition One Stop

i know there is already a supplement thread but there is nearly 300 pages in that...

thanks

Reflex one stop extreme

Best on the market I've seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭eoinob50

• 50g Waxy Maize Starch
    • 3g L-Glutamine
    • 2g L-Lieucine

IMO after taste is definitly the l-lieucine...tastes like sh't. L-glutamine and creatine i find pretty tasteless from my protein

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

I am just about to finish a tub of jack3d , I don't think ill be buying another one because I don't think its a great product. I was thinking of buying some of the ingredients found in pre workout blends and making my own . Have any of Ye done this? Is it worth it?

I did a few years back-I went to bulk powders with a list of whats normally in a preworkout and bought a bunch of stuff, Ill admit that back then I was quite guilty of being a bit too dependant on preworkout supps and took them too often to be as effective as they could be.
    Caffeine is stupidly cheap and I still have my tub-get that, creatine and after that whatever grabs you.
    .....But just so you know apart from the 2 above most other potential ingredients taste like puke and I mean that literally!

I did a few years back-I went to bulk powders with a list of whats normally in a preworkout and bought a bunch of stuff, Ill admit that back then I was quite guilty of being a bit too dependant on preworkout supps and took them too often to be as effective as they could be.
    Caffeine is stupidly cheap and I still have my tub-get that, creatine and after that whatever grabs you.
    .....But just so you know apart from the 2 above most other potential ingredients taste like puke and I mean that literally!
    From looking online four ingredients keep popping up . Beta alanine, l cartinine, citriline and caffine. Have you had any experience with the first three? Are there any others that are worth looking into? Theres an awful lot of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

From looking online four ingredients keep popping up . Beta alanine, l cartinine, citriline and caffine. Have you had any experience with the first three? Are there any others that are worth looking into? Theres an awful lot of them

I just had a look and found the package item list as ive other stuff scribbled on it-the 1st 2 are the 2 for me I got the most out of-I got acetyl L Cartinine, tyrosine and taurine.
    Maybe they did work maybe they didnt, the fact Im not definite says to me that theyre not that much of an addition either way. Now I only use them if its early, of if Im going into the gym after work and mentally fried. The less you use them the better they work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

hi all,

Could someone explain when I am supposed to be adding Maltodextrin to my shakes ? Is it PWO - before, mornings eves etc
    Also should I have it on off days.

Lastly - is it ok to take creatine twice a day Monday to Friday but skip Sat and Sunday or is there an issue with skipping 2 days a week because of loading etc ?

Thanks
    Rob

I just had a look and found the package item list as ive other stuff scribbled on it-the 1st 2 are the 2 for me I got the most out of-I got acetyl L Cartinine, tyrosine and taurine.
    Maybe they did work maybe they didnt, the fact Im not definite says to me that theyre not that much of an addition either way. Now I only use them if its early, of if Im going into the gym after work and mentally fried. The less you use them the better they work
    I suppose its not a good idea to rely on them too much . I'm going to only use pwo in the harder days , mainly back and legs.

• Advertisement

RobAMerc wrote: »
    hi all,

Could someone explain when I am supposed to be adding Maltodextrin to my shakes ? Is it PWO - before, mornings eves etc
    Also should I have it on off days.

Lastly - is it ok to take creatine twice a day Monday to Friday but skip Sat and Sunday or is there an issue with skipping 2 days a week because of loading etc ?

Thanks
    Rob[/Quote
    As far as I know , once your muscles are saturated you only need 3 to 5 g a day to keep them saturated. You can take it twice a day but I don't think there is any point in exceeding 5 g a day. What is your reason for skipping the weekend? Im not sure about your first question

Advertisement