Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Dermighty wrote: »
    Because amino energy + CGT 10 are a good combination.

The OP asked if people took preworkout supplements, i said that I took CGT 10 as a preworkout supplement (with coffee).

The reason I edited is because what I edited it to sound sbetter than "Jesus f*cking christ that's exactly what I just said".

Regarding muddying the waters, being deliberately pedantic is about all you have to add to this thread, so I'm going to go ahead and ignore your posts.

I am not being pedantic. CGT is not a preworkout. The person asked for a preworkout amd you rambled about CGT.

I take baking soda with one gram of sugar and a cup of coffee preworkout (i dont really obviously).

My "preworkout" is equally effective as yours (i.e. has pretty much no effect on my training). Why even mention it.

Either way i will leave it at that and wont respond further.

RMD wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of Controlled Lads White Flood as it contains no 1,3-DMAA (1 3-dimethylamylamine). 1,3-DMAA is a popular stimulant in many PWO's but the problem is due to it's recent inclusion (in a research sense) in PWO there's no long term studies of it's effect on the body, it's a WADA banned substance and academic research before has shown it may potentially cause erectile dysfunction albeit it's a very small risk. Personally, I still wouldn't want to risk it.

MusclePharm Assault is a new enough product and looking very very promising. Good energy blend, contains BCAA's and pretty advanced forms of Creatine. Getting good reviews and won BB.com New Supplement of the Year for 2011. Haven't tried it yet though.

No Xplode is also a very popular PWO. Personally I don't like it due to bad experiences (problems digesting the colouring) but I'm yet to try the new 2.0 version so I can't fully comment on it. It's still a very popular supplement so it's certainly doing something right and the new formula is getting very good reviews.

If you're sensitive to Caffeine / energy products I'd try to get samples before buying the full product. Bodybuilding.com sell plenty of samples cheaply and the shipping prices aren't to bad either, maybe get 3-4 brands and decide which works for you. Personally I'm a big fan of PWO's.

Whats the jizz with the advanced forms of creatine.

drdeadlift wrote: »

I think (not sure) its a jack3d clone which means it is IMO a poor product.

Zero research to say they are any more (or even as) effective as plain creatine mono.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

john_cappa wrote: »
    I am not being pedantic. CGT is not a preworkout. The person asked for a preworkout amd you rambled about CGT.

I take baking soda with one gram of sugar and a cup of coffee preworkout (i dont really obviously).

My "preworkout" is equally effective as yours (i.e. has pretty much no effect on my training). Why even mention it.

Either way i will leave it at that and wont respond further.

You clearly are being pedantic.

Why care if I explain why I took CGT? I explained it wasn't a pre-workout supplement in itself. I never said it was better than any of the others or that the OP should take it.

Anyway, no problem if you disagree with me, I just feel you didn't really need to.

Zero research to say they are any more (or even as) effective as plain creatine mono.

The only creatines I've come across are monohydrate and ethyl ester.

Regarding the differences: I read that ethyl ester causes less water retention than monohydrate. I've no idea whether that's to be believed or not.

I've only found ethyl ester in mixtures, as opposed to monohydrate which I've seen sold as is.

I think (not sure) its a jack3d clone which means it is IMO a poor product.

A poor product that was the best seller for two years.
    I myself cant take it,took it once and felt like i was coming up on a you know what whilst having my dinner an hour after training.
    Another hellish experience was 1mr by bpi,took one scoop at 7pm and was wide awake for the next 12 hours.

A poor product that was the best seller for two years.
    I myself cant take it,took it once and felt like i was coming up on a you know what whilst having my dinner an hour after training.
    Another hellish experience was 1mr by bpi,took one scoop at 7pm and was wide awake for the next 12 hours.

I suppose selling well does not mean it is a good product. The ingredient list leaves a lot to be desired IMO. It is only stims really.

Sells well due to the price point I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Chinese rip-off?

I know there was a few fake Jack3d tubs going around at one stage on eBay.

Creatine Phosphate
    Creatine Citrate
    Tri-creatine malate
    creatine gluconate (made famous by the origional size on)

etc

I've only found ethyl ester in mixtures, as opposed to monohydrate which I've seen sold as is.

What do you mean? As in you cannot buy it as a stand alone?

You can but it not popular due to the taste. Most bulk suppliers carry it.

e.g.

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/product.php/246/2/creatine_ethyl_ester_hcl#.T3xGtdn_KYI

• Advertisement

Creatine Phosphate
    Creatine Citrate
    Tri-creatine malate
    creatine gluconate (made famous by the origional size on)

etc

What do you mean? As in you cannot buy it as a stand alone?

You can but it not popular due to the taste. Most bulk suppliers carry it.

e.g.

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/product.php/246/2/creatine_ethyl_ester_hcl#.T3xGtdn_KYI

I meant in supplements shops around town mainly.

Creatine mono-hydrate is the one they push the most so I see that the most.

Haven't tried SizeOn, that's the Gaspari one? Heard good things about Gaspari, though SuperPump is supposed to be "aggressive" :P

I meant in supplements shops around town mainly.

Creatine mono-hydrate is the one they push the most so I see that the most.

Haven't tried SizeOn, that's the Gaspari one? Heard good things about Gaspari, though SuperPump is supposed to be "aggressive" :P

You wont find it in shops no. Only bulk suppliers.

Size On is an intra workout drink from Gaspari. The original had creatine gluconate but the reformulated "pre-contest" and "max performance" size ons use mono.

Mono is pushed as mono works. 1000's of papers supporting it.

I suppose selling well does not mean it is a good product. The ingredient list leaves a lot to be desired IMO. It is only stims really.

Sells well due to the price point I guess.

Bad products sell well good,good products sell bad thats a head scratcher you dont work in sales by any chance?
    People dont necessarily want a functional pre workout drink,for the most part they dont really care about compounds we know make the real difference.They want a strong mental stimulant that helps them focus after a long crap day at the office.Some on the other hand are motivated enough and enjoy their training so as not to need these pre workout drinks.

You wont find it in shops no. Only bulk suppliers.

Size On is an intra workout drink from Gaspari. The original had creatine gluconate but the reformulated "pre-contest" and "max performance" size ons use mono.

Mono is pushed as mono works. 1000's of papers supporting it.

I recently cycled off mono and lost over 20kg from my bench press. I was actually shocked. About 10 days after I stopped taking it I went benching (as I had done just after cycling off it) and there was just no power. went from 105kg to 75kg, could barely do 80kg for 3. Twas a sad day :P

Bad products sell well good,good products sell bad thats a head scratcher you dont work in sales by any chance?
    People dont necessarily want a functional pre workout drink,for the most part they dont really care about compounds we know make the real difference.They want a strong mental stimulant that helps them focus after a long crap day at the office.Some on the other hand are motivated enough and enjoy their training so as not to need these pre workout drinks.

Well I said IMO!

It is a poor product IMO. You will find me dissing it across many forums on the internet.

I dont think many people know what they want in a pre-work out. For most people high stims equal=a great pre-work out product.

I recently cycled off mono and lost over 20kg from my bench press. I was actually shocked. About 10 days after I stopped taking it I went benching (as I had done just after cycling off it) and there was just no power. went from 105kg to 75kg, could barely do 80kg for 3. Twas a sad day :P

Were you sick at all,never heard of mono building someone up as to then loose so much

Were you sick at all,never heard of mono building someone up as to then loose so much

No need to cycle either way.

Well I said IMO!

It is a poor product IMO. You will find me dissing it across many forums on the internet.

I dont think many people know what they want in a pre-work out. For most people high stims equal=a great pre-work out product.

Dont be getting your nickers in a twist.

Dont be getting your nickers in a twist.

what are you on about? My reply is in no way aggressive/excited or anything?

Do I need to use smilies in every post or something so people can read my tone?

what are you on about? My reply is in no way aggressive/excited or anything?

Do I need to use smilies in every post or something so people can read my tone?

Would you mind?

• Advertisement

Would you mind?

If it enables to you to keep up with me then no problem.

Which smile is the sarcastic one?

ah yes

:rolleyes:

:D

Hi all,

Just wondering if you all could take 2 secs and answer my question on flavours of supplements!

Thanks in advance.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KFJGJ83

Extensive! lol!:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Can everyone involved please just calm down a little please. No need for the pedantry, "witty" quips etc. Can't we all just get along??

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

WANT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Purer and more condensed forms of Creatine. Contains Creapure which is guaranteed 100% pure Creatine Monohydrate and free from impurities and by-products including creatinine (CRN), dicyandiamide (DCD), Dihydrotriazine (DHT) and Thiourea. That said the risk of these impurities / by-products being in a regular CM product are extremely small. The other Creatine is Con-Cret which is a much more condensed version and has a higher bio-availability.

As said though the research behind these products is still early, Con-Cret is the only really promising of the 2. IMO the inclusion of these 2 Creatine sources instead of regular CM is to impress customers who wouldn't know much about the product they're buying. The "Oh it contains something that sounds fancy so I must buy it" brigade. It's not going to make any drastic differences.

Technically Creapure is just CM with a guarantee of 100% purity. Con-Cret is still a young product so it will be interesting to see the independent research in years to come. The reviews though on most bodybuilding websites so far are promising though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭meijin

dave80 wrote: »

at 22.20 euro per kg of protein not that cheap comparing to others from http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77909757 but cheaper than ON Gold Standard

but 0.5g of trans fats :eek: per serving?

I personally also would not be happy about these ingredients: "Citric Acid, Malic Adid, Carrageenan, XanthanGum,
    Natural and Artificial Flavour, FD&C Red No. 40, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium."

RMD wrote: »
    Purer and more condensed forms of Creatine. Contains Creapure which is guaranteed 100% pure Creatine Monohydrate and free from impurities and by-products including creatinine (CRN), dicyandiamide (DCD), Dihydrotriazine (DHT) and Thiourea. That said the risk of these impurities / by-products being in a regular CM product are extremely small. The other Creatine is Con-Cret which is a much more condensed version and has a higher bio-availability.

As said though the research behind these products is still early, Con-Cret is the only really promising of the 2. IMO the inclusion of these 2 Creatine sources instead of regular CM is to impress customers who wouldn't know much about the product they're buying. The "Oh it contains something that sounds fancy so I must buy it" brigade. It's not going to make any drastic differences.

Technically Creapure is just CM with a guarantee of 100% purity. Con-Cret is still a young product so it will be interesting to see the independent research in years to come. The reviews though on most bodybuilding websites so far are promising though.

go try them all,mono will give just as good results i would put money on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

meijin wrote: »
    I personally also would not be happy about these ingredients: "Citric Acid, Malic Adid, Carrageenan, XanthanGum,
    Natural and Artificial Flavour, FD&C Red No. 40, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium."

Most of them are pretty standard for a flavoured product

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

meijin wrote: »
    at 22.20 euro per kg of protein not that cheap comparing to others from http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77909757 but cheaper than ON Gold Standard

but 0.5g of trans fats :eek: per serving?

Dont always have the cash to drop 75euro on bulk powders flavoured whey, i also think you should factor in delivery charge into your table it prob wont make a difference to the cheapest but still and off hand i know the 10lb ON can be got for 87.95

Advertisement