Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

MacDiz wrote: »
    Does anywhere in Ireland stock Myoripped?

My brother in law brought a sample pack home from Texas and, although I can't comment on the alleged fat burning qualities having only used 4 pills, they worked really well as a pre-workout. No jitters, no hyper feeling, just improved endurance. They also made me feel kind of happy!

I'd like to try a months supply but I don't have a credit card so can't order from their website and I can't seem to find anywhere around Galway that stocks them

You could get a O2 card which allows you to top it up in store and then use it as a normal credit card online. Problem with less well known supplements in Ireland is you'll usually be paying a lot more than their actual cost in a supplement store. Much easier to get an O2 card and buy them online for cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Bulkpowders re-launched their website with new branding so are offering 10% off till Wednesday.

Discount codes are: MT10 or UKM10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Bulkpowders re-launched their website with new branding so are offering 10% off till Wednesday.

Goddamn.

The week after I place a order for like 20 kilos....

grimloch wrote: »

Goddamn.

The week after I place a order for like 20 kilos....

Well at least you got tubs with your order. It's all bags from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lenno

can anyone recommend a good fat burner!

2 weeks ago started dieting and going hard at it in gym

have a strict low glycemic diet with 1 cheat day a week

was 13.6 stone already down to 13.1 stone so its going well but the problem is..

im going working as a holiday rep for summer so will be drinking all summer i can do the diet over there but will only be able get to a gym maybe twice a week if even.

read up on oxyelite pro and few other fat burners im not askin for miracles but could do with the energy, focus and supressed appettite considering the job ill have for next 5 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

What's bulkpowders like in comparison to myprotein (quality, mixability, taste etc. not price as I can check that on the website)? One and the same?

jive wrote: »
    What's bulkpowders like in comparison to myprotein (quality, mixability, taste etc. not price as I can check that on the website)? One and the same?

Very similar to MyProtein. Choc isn't as sweet as MP's. Mint Choc, choc cookies and banana are usually recommended.

Basically same quality as MP but slightly different flavouring system

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭TomLamp

Ordered Beta Alainine from myprotein and dont get any flushing or tingling feeling AT ALL from it.

Does that mean its ****/weak or do some people not get these side effects from it?

Not only that but it didn't come with a scoop so I'm using my glutamine 4.5gram scooper. Your meant to take 1.5g per serving and im taking 4.5 and still nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

TomLamp wrote: »
    Ordered Beta Alainine from myprotein and dont get any flushing or tingling feeling AT ALL from it.

Does that mean its ****/weak or do some people not get these side effects from it?

Not only that but it didn't come with a scoop so I'm using my glutamine 4.5gram scooper. Your meant to take 1.5g per serving and im taking 4.5 and still nothing!!

sounds dodge to me.any pre workout ive used i could feel the BA in it almost instantly.

i recently bought beta alanine from bulkpowders and i can feel it from a dosage at 3grams....so yours could be out of date? if you can feel longer endurance on it then maybe it could be grand,but you should be feeling the tingles.

You can build up a tolerance to the flushing like niacin. Also carbs can blunt the flushing effect as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Hi Guys, looking for recommendation for a weight gain supplement. Used an egg&milk based powder about 18 months ago and it helped me put on weight quite easily (can’t remember the name unfortunately). My metabolism is incredibly high and struggle to bulk up. I have used maximuscle stuff before and it seems OK, but not great, cyclone I think. Don’t know a lot about what to look for. It’s nearly gone now and was thinking of trying the “Progain” product they have. Seems to be more aimed at weight gain then some of their slightly cheaper (but still expensive!) products.

Can you guys recommend a good one? I’m not far off my ideal weight now, and my training is slowly, but steadily increasing lately and I feel in good shape, just need to stabilise my routine and keep up regular training and I reckon I can reach ideal weight soon enough! I have a good diet, just want that extra push. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

GrumPy wrote: »
    Hi Guys, looking for recommendation for a weight gain supplement. Used an egg&milk based powder about 18 months ago and it helped me put on weight quite easily (can’t remember the name unfortunately). My metabolism is incredibly high and struggle to bulk up. I have used maximuscle stuff before and it seems OK, but not great, cyclone I think. Don’t know a lot about what to look for. It’s nearly gone now and was thinking of trying the “Progain” product they have. Seems to be more aimed at weight gain then some of their slightly cheaper (but still expensive!) products.

Can you guys recommend a good one? I’m not far off my ideal weight now, and my training is slowly, but steadily increasing lately and I feel in good shape, just need to stabilise my routine and keep up regular training and I reckon I can reach ideal weight soon enough! I have a good diet, just want that extra push. :)

I used progain a few years ago when I was starting out and it was good for putting in the extra weight needed but it also made me feel bloated and I was constantly farting (which i enjoyed lol). I think the maximuscle stuff is more expensive that others. I'm sure lads here can recommend cheaper stuff that's just as good.

Where are you going to be drinking it? In work?

If its at home you can make your own using whey, oats, peanut butter and maybe a table spoon of EVOO.

If you want something for on the go, Kinetica Oat Gain

Where are you going to be drinking it? In work?

If its at home you can make your own using whey, oats, peanut butter and maybe a table spoon of EVOO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Thanks, recommend a good place to buy?

Thanks, recommend a good place to buy?

Discountsupplements.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Anyone got any suggestions on what to mix unflavoured whey with??

Just bought it off bulkpowders for the first time and its not so bad but if there was something i cud throw in just to give it even a small bit of flavour it'd be great!

Was thinking of either abit of vannilla essence or else a teaspoon of cocoa?

Just bought it off bulkpowders for the first time and its not so bad but if there was something i cud throw in just to give it even a small bit of flavour it'd be great!

Cocoa would be the usual.

Could blend it with peanut butter and a banana if you want some more calories and taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

A teaspoon of cocoa will not help really as cocoa is bitter - you are looking for a bit of sweetness.

A banana will help but there is also the option of buying a tub of flavoured and doing a halfNhalf shake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

42978011_H.jpg?identifier=5740ddd9cc89a58039f5790a932ada9b

I used that as it was in my house and it tasted better than flavoured whey. Granted you're taking in more sugar etc. but if you're not too worried about the carbs or calories then this is the route I'd take. Any hot chocolate powder would do I'd imagine but the above is the only one I've used, put in about 3 teaspoonsish and it's delish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭swededmonkey

Kinetica Oat Gain. based on low GI oats rather than sugars and has approx 600 calories per serving rather than 1200 on the ON serious mass. I don't no matter how big you are you not going to take in all those calories to full effect in one go (last comment was based on no scientific knowledge)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

I tasted the oat gain from kinetica,worst tasting supp ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭RNC

drdeadlift wrote: »

All kinetica supps taste like sh/t

drdeadlift wrote: »

I found yoghurt raspberry quite nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Cocoa would be the usual.

Could blend it with peanut butter and a banana if you want some more calories and taste.
    The Guvnor wrote: »
    A teaspoon of cocoa will not help really as cocoa is bitter - you are looking for a bit of sweetness.

A banana will help but there is also the option of buying a tub of flavoured and doing a halfNhalf shake.

Im taking it immediately PWO and dont usually carry a blender with me so bananas and peanut butter are out of the question...:pac:

Im trying to cut weight at the moment too so trying to avoid sugar, hence why i thought the vanilla essence might be good? I guess i could just throw a scoop of dextrose in with it!

As for buying a tub of flavoured i would if i had the money, i usually get a flavoured isolate but Ironscience were all out! The unflavoured isnt that bad tbh just a bit chalky or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

Lenno wrote: »
    can anyone recommend a good fat burner!

2 weeks ago started dieting and going hard at it in gym

have a strict low glycemic diet with 1 cheat day a week

was 13.6 stone already down to 13.1 stone so its going well but the problem is..

im going working as a holiday rep for summer so will be drinking all summer i can do the diet over there but will only be able get to a gym maybe twice a week if even.

read up on oxyelite pro and few other fat burners im not askin for miracles but could do with the energy, focus and supressed appettite considering the job ill have for next 5 months

Well your going to be drinking all summer.............so dont bother with the rest...its pointless

As for buying a tub of flavoured i would if i had the money, i usually get a flavoured isolate but Ironscience were all out! The unflavoured isnt that bad tbh just a bit chalky or something?

Just buy nesquik then. Sugar won't hurt pwo.

Im taking it immediately PWO and dont usually carry a blender with me so bananas and peanut butter are out of the question...:pac:

I guess i could just throw a scoop of dextrose in with it!

The unflavoured isnt that bad tbh just a bit chalky or something?

:D Fair point on the blender!

Dextrose does work well just bear in mind that Sucralose is 600 times sweeter than table sugar and dextrose is perhaps 1:1.

You'd need to add about 20grams of dextrose to get a similar flavoured whey sweetness - however 20g not an issue post workout. Based on 50g whey.

Chalky - should not really be chalky but hard to describe - some say unflavoured derived from milk (native) is a bit like baby formula.

Have many of you heard of the possibility of 20% vat on protein in the UK from October.

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/vatonsportsdrinks

Worthwhile to sign the petition as if prices rise across the pond they will rise here as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Mack11

I have tried the Kinetica Oat Gain Respberry flavour as a sample & found it really good taste wise. I have not tried the other flavour that they have.

Advertisement