Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

anyone order off bulkpowders lately?
    Im trying to enter a delivery address different to the billing adress and even though Im selecting ireland as the country its still demanding a valid postcode and wont let me just enter a dudone and move on.
    Anyone gotten around this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

anyone order off bulkpowders lately?
    Im trying to enter a delivery address different to the billing adress and even though Im selecting ireland as the country its still demanding a valid postcode and wont let me just enter a dudone and move on.
    Anyone gotten around this?

I had that issue during checkout. I think I went into my account and used the manage addresses option. Then made up the addresses I needed.

Word of advice the new site was leaving out the company name on delivery label so if you are getting it sent to your job, put the company name on address field as well

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

marathonic wrote: »
    Buy 1 Get 1 Half Price allowing you to ‘mix and match’ 4 of their multi source protein formulas. Ends midnight Sunday 6 May 2012.

Recovery XS, 1.8kg | Hard Gainer Extreme, 2.5kg | Bedtime Extreme, 1.8kg | Total Breakfast, 2.1kg

Code: FORM

Yeah saw that alright, ended up getting 2 Bedtime Extreme despite not really wanting it :rolleyes:

I miss Craze :(

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

I miss Craze :(

Me too, im 1 week into a stim break. Planning to do it for 6-8 weeks and can't wait for it to be over. Damn i love craze!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Is there much of a difference between them? Capsules seem to be a lot cheaper which makes me think they wouldnt be as good. any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

thehamo wrote: »
    Is there much of a difference between them? Capsules seem to be a lot cheaper which makes me think they wouldnt be as good. any ideas?

Was just reading up on these a little while ago. Powder is the better option - as it usually is in general. Also, says make sure to only buy those thta specify singular, free-form L-amino acids on the label. Amino acids come in L for levo and D for dextro. The body can only use L-amino acids to make proteins. D-amino acids are useless, and the DL forms only inhibit the use of the L form. Make sure they are in date too and in a dark glass container or basically free from light. Nutritional value will decrease with age etc.

Not totally the answer to your question but hope it helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

cheers, not the direct answer but influences my opinion none the less. Didnt know about the L-amino v D-amino. Think il stop being a scroungey bas**rd and just pay for the powder variety!

Thanks!

Powder is usually cheaper as you just use 5-10g while that can be 5-10 caps when using capped BCAAs.

It tastes like nail vanish remover if you don't flavour it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Is there any benefit to BCAA's or any amino acid supplementation?

My thinking is if you eat enough protein your amino acid requirements should be covered. So just buy whey and eat meat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

thehamo wrote: »
    cheers, not the direct answer but influences my opinion none the less. Didnt know about the L-amino v D-amino. Think il stop being a scroungey bas**rd and just pay for the powder variety!

Thanks!

Suppose you could just buy the capsules either and open them up and take the powder out...depending on how many grams you want to take! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

On BCAA's my method for pre/intra and post if any left is:

1. 250mls Lemon Robinsons
    2. 7g Creatine
    3. 15-20g L-Glutamine
    4. 15-20g BCAA
    5. 8-13g Pre,Probiotic, Digestive Enzyme mix
    6. shaker vigorously.
    7. Add more water.
    8. Shake again.
    9. Add more water etc.
    You end up with 1 litre and it tastes great - no burnt bcaa taste.

Powder is a lot cheaper than capsules.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

anyone here take usp compound 20 ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

The Guvnor wrote: »

Powder is a lot cheaper than capsules.

There's no reason to buy capsules unless you hate money.

The US guys always talk about crystal light powder to kill the taste of BCAA's, I've no idea if anything similar exists over here.

Myprotein etc all produce flavouring powders you can buy and add in yourself, costs about 8 euro for a little under 100 grams of the stuff. How much of it you need to counteract the absolute foulness of BCAA's I don't know.

Crystal Light is nothing special just a powdered drink mix so think robinsons but in powder form.

Flavouring BCAA is not as easy as you'd think - you'll use a lot more flavouring plus if these flavours do not have sweeteners added in then you will still need some sweetener.

I prefer the robinsons because it's easy and it works well.

Crystal Light is nothing special just a powdered drink mix so think robinsons but in powder form.

Flavouring BCAA is not as easy as you'd think - you'll use a lot more flavouring plus if these flavours do not have sweeteners added in then you will still need some sweetener.

Why do take BCAAs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Yeh that's what I was thinking, like if the myprotein flavouring is 8 cent a gram and you need 5 grams to flavour that's 40 cent worth. Rough mathematics but I think 15g of BCAA's are like 65 cents or so a serving so if you're dumping an extra 40 cent in you're not too far off the brand names like Xtend or something.

I guess I'd just prefer a powdered flavouring system if the concoction is going to be buried at the bottom of my bag for the day.

grimloch wrote: »

Yeh that's what I was thinking, like if the myprotein flavouring is 8 cent a gram and you need 5 grams to flavour that's 40 cent worth. Rough mathematics but I think 15g of BCAA's are like 65 cents or so a serving so if you're dumping an extra 40 cent in you're not too far off the brand names like Xtend or something.

I guess I'd just prefer a powdered flavouring system if the concoction is going to be buried at the bottom of my bag for the day.

Only problem I have with xtend 2.0, is that orange cooler made my teeth feel sensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

If your getting enough protein you don't really need BCAA's, BCAA's are great if your on a cut and arn't consuming as much protein as you would like. Also i workout fasted and love using xtend intra for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 eric1212

Hey G'em, this was quite a wonderful information regarding supplements. When i was going to a gym during my college days, i tried Muscle Juice supplement. That was not bad but want to try Creatine. I have heard from many people's regarding benefits of Creatine.
    Creatine is best for building stamina as well as a perfect muscle.

• Advertisement

the only BCAA im really interested in supplementing in free form is Leucine, plenty of research to suggest thats the most important one especially as leucine is deemed anit-catobolic.

currently stacking BCAA 6000 tablets by gaspri nutrition, 4:1:1 ratio. I have to say iv found them great, my only negative on them is the tablets are pretty big and its hard going getting 6 of those bad boys down a day.

im going to switch to the powder form when im done with this tub though, been taking them since September when i broke my leg, i was paranoid about losing all my gains so i started stacking it and when i returned to the gym 2 - 3 months later my size and strength only took a very minor hit so they have become permanent in my diet.

starting to cut up a bit at the end of the month so il be relying on them even more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

What supplements do people recommend for a starter?

What supplements do people recommend for a starter?

Depends on what your goals/training is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Anyone know the cheapest place to get a 10lb/4.54Kg bag of ON Whey Power?
    €95 is the best I can find online for a single bag.

Cheers

Zamboni wrote: »

Cheers

Cheapest I've seen tbh. They might have some short dated bags selling cheap on optimumnutrition.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭golfpaul

Zamboni wrote: »

Cheers
    Does it have to be ON? FSV.ie have Kinetica 10lb with a free multi vitamin for €80 which is excellent value.... if you check out todaysdeals.ie they have a voucher, €20 for a €40 voucher to spend at FSV.ie, making it €60 for Kinetica 10lb with a free multi vitamin. Best offer out there by far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Kinetica has a very low protein % though! I got a tub before and i think it was something like 21g protein for every 30g scoop! Not very good IMO, wouldnt get it again!

Anyone ever hear of ROS nutrition?

I ask because it showed up in my facebook feed from discount supplements. Seems to be an Irish brand

Why do take BCAAs?

I find they help with recovery and reduction in doms.

Plus they are protein as well so count towards my daily total.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Anyone ever hear of ROS nutrition?

I ask because it showed up in my facebook feed from discount supplements. Seems to be an Irish brand

Heard that Rhys Ruddock is involved? Not sure how reliable that source is though. Have a few friends involved in Inter-County Gaa and some counties seem to be pushing it as well

Advertisement