Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Heard that Rhys Ruddock is involved? Not sure how reliable that source is though. Have a few friends involved in Inter-County Gaa and some counties seem to be pushing it as well

Had a look at their site and it seems like they're selling powders (creatine, BCAAs, green powders) cheap like a bulk supplier but the whey is expensive as they're sold in 1.2kg tubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Had a look at their site and it seems like they're selling powders (creatine, BCAAs, green powders) cheap like a bulk supplier but the whey is expensive as they're sold in 1.2kg tubs.

Be interesting to hear any info/experiences people have had with ROS products. Took a look at some of their recovery stuff, and it looks good. Irish company as well - are they new?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Anyone ever hear of ROS nutrition?

I ask because it showed up in my facebook feed from discount supplements. Seems to be an Irish brand

Yeah its been pushed in GAA circles. Not great from what I've tried / heard.

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Yeah its been pushed in GAA circles. Not great from what I've tried / heard.

In terms of effectiveness, taste, price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 newandyc

I need to lose about a stone. I am not really too doing much training in terms of weight lifting, but my diet has been quite good, basically cut out all bread, potatoes and sticking to high protein/low Carb meals in the main.
    I do play football about 3 times a week so that is my training and I usually come home and do sit ups. Just wondering is there any benefit of me doing the Protein shakes as well and if so when would be the best time to take them? I've been taking one between breakfast and lunch and one at bed time the last month but wondering is that doing me any good and also should I be taking one after the cardio and sit ups that I do as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

hada wrote: »
    In terms of effectiveness, taste, price?

Price is good,they are pushing whey protein in a 1.3kg with a similar price for a 908gram tub of the likes of ON whey.One problem its not good tasting.
    I gave a lad some samples of their recovery drink im awaiting a response on what his take on it was.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

newandyc wrote: »
    I need to lose about a stone. I am not really too doing much training in terms of weight lifting, but my diet has been quite good, basically cut out all bread, potatoes and sticking to high protein/low Carb meals in the main.
    I do play football about 3 times a week so that is my training and I usually come home and do sit ups. Just wondering is there any benefit of me doing the Protein shakes as well and if so when would be the best time to take them? I've been taking one between breakfast and lunch and one at bed time the last month but wondering is that doing me any good and also should I be taking one after the cardio and sit ups that I do as well?

Not to be too blunt, all of this and more is answered in the stickies. Take a look at them first.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 9 newandyc

Not to be too blunt, all of this and more is answered in the stickies. Take a look at them first.

ah ask my bollicks then I'll ask on a forum that actually answers someones question directly

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

newandyc wrote: »
    ah ask my bollicks then I'll ask on a forum that actually answers someones question directly

It would appear that I might get more sense out of your "bollicks".

I was trying to be helpful you know. Ah well.

Oh, you're banned for 3 days as well.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Price is good,they are pushing whey protein in a 1.3kg with a similar price for a 908gram tub of the likes of ON whey.One problem its not good tasting.
    I gave a lad some samples of their recovery drink im awaiting a response on what his take on it was.

That's a pity. Pity another Irish supplement doesn't taste good: I've tried Kinetica Whey a few times, and I just can't get my head round the taste and poor mixability (generally have it with water). ON just always tops it with taste to be honest.

That's a pity. Pity another Irish supplement doesn't taste good: I've tried Kinetica Whey a few times, and I just can't get my head round the taste and poor mixability (generally have it with water). ON just always tops it with taste to be honest.

I don't find Kinetica bad for taste. Still prefer ON though.

Kinetica has a good few fans,some say their whey isolate product is a little sweet but good tasting.Their oat gain (for me anyway) took the biscuit for bad tasting protein sup.As for the ros whey protein blend i have to wonder who did the testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Ros whey is probably the worst tasting protein i've ever had... absolutely foul!

n1ck wrote: »
    Ros whey is probably the worst tasting protein i've ever had... absolutely foul!

Strawberry flavor?

Kinetica has a good few fans,some say their whey isolate product is a little sweet but good tasting.Their oat gain (for me anyway) took the biscuit for bad tasting protein sup.As for the ros whey protein blend i have to wonder who did the testing.

That is what confused me the most - know quite a number of people who use Kinetica Whey, but for me, it just tasted too bland and didn't really mix well in water. It was admittedly better with milk, but that's not a major help as I mainly mix with water.

Heard great things about Myofusion Whey - mates who swore by ON (and Kinetica), have tried it, and say they will never go back. Will try after my current tub of ON is finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingK

Might be a silly question but is there any problem with mixing diferent brands of whey with different brands of crreatine? e.g. ON whey with USN creatine?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

KingK wrote: »
    Might be a silly question but is there any problem with mixing diferent brands of whey with different brands of crreatine? e.g. ON whey with USN creatine?

Nope. Go for it!

That is what confused me the most - know quite a number of people who use Kinetica Whey, but for me, it just tasted too bland and didn't really mix well in water. It was admittedly better with milk, but that's not a major help as I mainly mix with water.

Heard great things about Myofusion Whey - mates who swore by ON (and Kinetica), have tried it, and say they will never go back. Will try after my current tub of ON is finished!

Myofusion tastes great but it's lower protein. 62g per 100 grams and now uses brown rice as part of their blend. In real life terms, it won't make a huge difference to the average gym rat but tenchically you're paying for less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Tried a couple of different proteins lately, with varying results. But I have to say I'm happy enough with the taste of the MyProtein stuff. I've heard a few people complain about it, but it's grand, especially considering the price.

My recipe:

1 scoop of Myprotein's True Whey (milk chocolate)
    300 ml of unsweetended soya milk.
    1 banana.
    1 tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter.
    4 ice cubes.

Blend and enjoy.

• Advertisement

Myofusion tastes great but it's lower protein. 62g per 100 grams and now uses brown rice as part of their blend. In real life terms, it won't make a huge difference to the average gym rat but tenchically you're paying for less.

Brown rice? What is the purpose of that? Is it just for complex carbs so as to give a fuller for longer feeling?

Brown rice? What is the purpose of that? Is it just for complex carbs so as to give a fuller for longer feeling?

Its brown rice protein concentrate. I should've been clearer

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

ThirdMan wrote: »
    Tried a couple of different proteins lately, with varying results. But I have to say I'm happy enough with the taste of the MyProtein stuff. I've heard a few people complain about it, but it's grand, especially considering the price.

My recipe:

1 scoop of Myprotein's True Whey (milk chocolate)
    300 ml of unsweetended soya milk.
    1 banana.
    1 tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter.
    4 ice cubes.

Blend and enjoy.

Freeze the banana first ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Going to try a new whey next week, been between ON and myofusion the last few years. Just looking for a change tbh.

Any recommendations outside of myprotein?

Going to try a new whey next week, been between ON and myofusion the last few years. Just looking for a change tbh.

Any recommendations outside of myprotein?

Syntrax nectar,its a change from the norm apple or Sweets Strawberry Mousse flavor is very nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Anyone tried Animal Rage packs before? Any use?

net4rx wrote: »
    I'd generally take a whey shake in the morning, another at night and one post workout. and i go to jogging daily it help improve in my body language...

I must take a leaf from your book,my body language isnt great.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Just saw coca cola flavoured creatine!

I had to buy it just for the novelty factor.

Higher wrote: »
    Just saw coca cola flavoured creatine!

I had to buy it just for the novelty factor.

Haha what brand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Been on ON gold standard but I fancy trying myofusion. Where's cheapest to get it?

Advertisement