Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tenzing75

Great stuff , special with Cell Mass after your workout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Just ordered Impact Whey Protein from MyProtein.co.uk

The description says scoop not included, and they were Out of Stock on their large scoops.

Does anyone know if the Impact stuff comes even with a little spoon or anything in the pouch?

And if not, am I right in thinking 25g of Whey would be approx 2 Table Spoons?

(Also, wondering where I could buy a scoop? Would I be able to go into any nutrition store and be able to buy a scoop?)

No. Normal table spoon just slightly rounded will be about 20g. If you want to do 25 then I would do 3 level ones and it will be there or thereabouts.

50-55ml will give about the 22-27g mark dependent on the powder and no I don't believe the bags come with a scoop.

For the record I always take 50g of powder with 300mls of milk - 25grams is not a lot imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Disko biscuits

Looking to buy a 5gk bag/tub of protein and was wondering can anyone help me out.. I am looking to lose BF while gaining muscle..

was looking at this one here...
    http://hpnutrition.ie/index.php/xl-nutrition-xtra-whey-4kg-bag-choc-mint-3.html

Seems like good value

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gym Halpert

Hi all, literally about to take my first PWO (Craze) and since I train in the morning I assume it's still ok to have a small bowl of porridge since I haven't eaten anything since last night? I don't really want to go to the gym with nothing in my stomach at all.

I plan to eat a small meal then take Craze 30 mins later which is roughly 30-45 mins before my workout.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Anywhere sell whey protein sample sachets online? I'm unfortunately sensitive enough to flavours but don't want to brave the unflavoured route. I've dropped 50 quid far too often now on flavours that I find tough to stomach.

The ON site sell them alright but shipping is 7or 8 euro.

Anywhere else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Hi all, literally about to take my first PWO (Craze) and since I train in the morning I assume it's still ok to have a small bowl of porridge since I haven't eaten anything since last night? I don't really want to go to the gym with nothing in my stomach at all.

I plan to eat a small meal then take Craze 30 mins later which is roughly 30-45 mins before my workout.

Thoughts?

Yeah give it ago and don't forget to shake the container before every use. I really hope your not one of the unlucky ones who use craze and feel nothing. Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Anywhere sell whey protein sample sachets online? I'm unfortunately sensitive enough to flavours but don't want to brave the unflavoured route. I've dropped 50 quid far too often now on flavours that I find tough to stomach.

Anywhere else?

Myprotein definitely do samples but you'll be stung on shipping I guess.

If you buy regularly from a supplement shop I've found they can be good with giving you samples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Kinetica sell samples on their site. Free shipping

Liam90 wrote: »
    Yeah give it ago and don't forget to shake the container before every use. I really hope your not one of the unlucky ones who use craze and feel nothing. Let us know how you get on.

Oops, forgot to shake the container. :o
    Anyway, I went with the one scoop for my first try. Even as I was driving to the gym I felt an increased awareness and focus. (Should have taken this for my driving test last year :D)

I was raring to go anyway, felt extremely focused and just wanted to keep lifting. I Don't think I got much if any endurance/stamina increase from the one scoop so I'm planning on taking 1 and a half tomorrow.

The focus was something else but I think for the rest of the effect I'll need the extra half to 1 scoop. Also a weird confidence boost to it as well. About 20 mins after returning from the gym, after my shower I started felling a little tired, maybe even sleepy, but after I had eaten it went away instantly.

What's best when it comes to Craze on terms of non lifting days? Should I just not take it? I lift Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday on my current routine and do ab and low intensity cardio on Wednesdays and Saturdays. So I should just take it the 4 days I'm lifting yeah?

Re Samples

Thanks for input guys. Went ahead and just ordered some samples directly from Kinetica and ON sites. They're the two main brands I'm interested in anyway.

I don't leave near a physical store so generally order online. I've asked but they generally don't post samples only for sale. Just chuck them in free with next order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Oops, forgot to shake the container. :o
    Anyway, I went with the one scoop for my first try. Even as I was driving to the gym I felt an increased awareness and focus. (Should have taken this for my driving test last year :D)

I was raring to go anyway, felt extremely focused and just wanted to keep lifting. I Don't think I got much if any endurance/stamina increase from the one scoop so I'm planning on taking 1 and a half tomorrow.

The focus was something else but I think for the rest of the effect I'll need the extra half to 1 scoop. Also a weird confidence boost to it as well. About 20 mins after returning from the gym, after my shower I started felling a little tired, maybe even sleepy, but after I had eaten it went away instantly.

What's best when it comes to Craze on terms of non lifting days? Should I just not take it? I lift Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday on my current routine and do ab and low intensity cardio on Wednesdays and Saturdays. So I should just take it the 4 days I'm lifting yeah?

Glad it worked great for you!

Yeah it gives me great confidence and puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day, i find 1 and a half scoops is perfect for me. I would just use it the four days your lifting, although i have heard of people having half a scoop every morning but i wouldn't bother with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

That was your first hit ! Everyone remembers their first time :D. Glad you enjoyed, it can be euphoric the first few times.

Do not use a pwo 4 times a week though buddy, it will have zero effect on you in a couple weeks at that rate. Once a week is plenty, there not exactly the healthiest of supps to take either.

Take this 4 times a week if you want though, you'll fast learn you'll have to cycle PWO's to get the best out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

MikeC101 wrote: »
    Myprotein definitely do samples but you'll be stung on shipping I guess.

If you buy regularly from a supplement shop I've found they can be good with giving you samples.

you could buy unflavoured and a couple of different liquid flavourings - both MP and Bulk powders do them. I use a few different ones to keep it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Decided to order some Impact Whey Protein from myprotein.co.uk

Ordered on Thursday night and was delivered this morning, pretty quick!

Got Mint choc flavour............ nom nom nom :pac:

That was your first hit ! Everyone remembers their first time :D. Glad you enjoyed, it can be euphoric the first few times.

Do not use a pwo 4 times a week though buddy, it will have zero effect on you in a couple weeks at that rate. Once a week is plenty, there not exactly the healthiest of supps to take either.

Take this 4 times a week if you want though, you'll fast learn you'll have to cycle PWO's to get the best out of them.

I thought the idea of cycling was set time on, set time off? My plan was to go 4 weeks on out of the 8 week program then the last 4 weeks of it off before going on for 4 weeks for a new 8 week program.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Decided to order some Impact Whey Protein from myprotein.co.uk

Ordered on Thursday night and was delivered this morning, pretty quick!

Got Mint choc flavour............ nom nom nom :pac:

I think choc has a lower protein content per serving. I remember reading the small writing on the page and it said all flavored whey had 3% less protein and I think the choc was reduced by 8% because of added coca. So you might wana increase your serving a small bit to make it the protein content you want. It says the nutritional values are from the unflavored whey so I bought that and added mi-wadi to it, which gives it a nice taste.

Ant11 wrote: »
    I think choc has a lower protein content per serving. I remember reading the small writing on the page and it said all flavored whey had 3% less protein and I think the choc was reduced by 8% because of added coca. So you might wana increase your serving a small bit to make it the protein content you want. It says the nutritional values are from the unflavored whey so I bought that and added mi-wadi to it, which gives it a nice taste.

Thanks man! Yeah I had read that on the website so I pput a bit extra into the shaker to up the serving!

The "rich" flavour of the Mint-Choc didn't seem to lend itself well to water when I tied it earlier. I'll definitely use milk from now on. It was still delicious though :)

Anyone with experience of Herbalife products, specifically the Formula 1 sport shake?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Anywhere else?

Go for the unflavoured man! I was a bit wary before i bought it incase it was horrific but ill never buy flavoured stuff again! A good unflavoured whey isolate is one of the best forms of protein you'll get! Cheaper, higher protein content then flavoured, and dsont taste bad at all! a little bland maybe(kind of like baby formula) but its not a treat, I have my gone in under 20 seconds after training! for value for money you really cant beat it!

Anyway just my 2 cents;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Agree with SpaceCowb0y, I just add a few drops of blackcurrent mi-widi to my shake, which gives it a nice taste and easy to drink.

• Advertisement

Tried the Mint-Choc Whey with Milk.

NOM NOM NOM!!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

it's like drinking a Mint Aero! Delicious!

Quick question, and a stupid one at that!

I figured that if I take 25g of Whey with 250ml of Low Fat milk, it will contain 26g of Protein if you include the protein from the milk.

Is this a straight forward calculation of taking in 26g of Protein at a time or is there any sort of anomoly due to it being 2 different "sources" of protein?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Go for the unflavoured man!
    Ant11 wrote: »
    Agree with SpaceCowb0y, I just add a few drops of blackcurrent mi-widi to my shake, which gives it a nice taste and easy to drink.

I would completly disagree about the unflavoured whey, I thought it was disgusting, and could only take it when I added hot chocolate powder to it (Aero buble FTW).

However the Mi-Wadi idea is as good one, can't believe I never thought of that before.

My 2c is, there is no real price difference, if you're training hard and plan on taking 1 or maybe even 2 shakes per day, you should be at least able to stomach the stuff. I found with the unflavoured I wasn't as consistant with taking them, as I found it horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I have unflavoured wpc - native whey.

The best way to explain unflavoured is that it has the same mouthfeel and texture as a flavoured whey shake.

What it lacks is the sweetness not really the flavour - flavours are not sweet - so your strawberry will be strawberry but you then need the sweetener.

I can drink it and it is not unpleasant just odd if that makes sense - do it with milk and it is better.

If I were on a budget I would buy some unflavoured and then some flavoured and mix them half and half for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gearoidos

Recently bought ON gold standard whey tropical punch flavor and I don't like it at all. If anyone here happens to like this flavor pm me and I'll give it to you for like 35 quid, it's basically a full tub bar 2 scoops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I thought the idea of cycling was set time on, set time off? My plan was to go 4 weeks on out of the 8 week program then the last 4 weeks of it off before going on for 4 weeks for a new 8 week program.

it is, i just think taking a stim pwo 4 times a week is a bit much but thats just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Im on the Muscle Pharm "Get Swole" stack and training program.

4 weeks in and the difference to my regular workouts seriously noticeable.

It's all superset exercises and it blasts the **** out ya. This probably isn't the best mass building program out there, but it's really working well for me. The supplements are ALL delicious and easy to stomach.

It's a bit different to my usual routine of protein in the morning, after workout and before bed though. You have a carb only drink for morning and post workout as the combat protein is a mixed blend with some slow and fast release in there. The pre workout is the best I've tried, including noxpolde and no shotgun. ZMA is strong and my sleeping pattern is set by it, very deep and you wake up in good form more than not.

Check out the MP website for info on it, there's a get ripped stack up there to!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

If you ask me you are all divas! Say what you want about me, your protein shake is exactly what it is.... a shake, something to get into you quickly after training to take as a quick meal substitute! **** the flavour! 20 seconds and it should be gone! Go for the highest protein content you can get for your money and stop worrying if it tastes like a ****ing treat! Eat lift sleep repeat etc etc.etc! Unflavoured is cheap and if you drink it quick you dont even notice the taste! Mint choc chip my ****ing hole! Optimum nutrition can do one! Great marketing! Bulk powders or iron science Unflavoured! Cheaper and better end of!

it is, i just think taking a stim pwo 4 times a week is a bit much but thats just my opinion.

I'm going to agree with you to be honest, I think 2 times a week is enough.
    2 days in a row was a no no for me. Seemingly Monday and Friday works for me on my 4 lifts a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Disko biscuits

I bought this by mistake and now cannot bring it back to the shop as I threw away proof of purchase.

Reflex One Stop Xtreme..4.35kg/ strawberry flavour..
    bought it for 59.99 thinking it was just whey but is not what I was looking for

Will sell it for 40e..UNOPENED
    in the Clondalkin area

drop me a pm if interested

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

http://www.todaysdeals.ie/Deal.aspx?dlid=398

Looks like a good deal to me.

Advertisement