Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Jarren wrote: »
    http://www.todaysdeals.ie/Deal.aspx?dlid=398

Looks like a good deal to me.

Do they throw in the spray tan & banana hammock??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Just ordered Impact Whey Protein from MyProtein.co.uk

am I right in thinking 25g of Whey would be approx 2 Table Spoons?

(Also, wondering where I could buy a scoop? Would I be able to go into any nutrition store and be able to buy a scoop?)

25g of MP Whey Protein powder (which gives you around 19-20g of protein) = 70cc / 70ml. You can likely pick up a plastic scoop for a euro in somewhere like Dunnes or Heatons or one of those 1 euro stores.

I usually take it with 200ml of milk to add an extra 7-8g protein.

On a side note, there are some fantastic life-changing reviews about MP's plastic scoop :D -

• 1. joshua haley (06-May-2012)
    • Review:
      Simple amazing! This pioneering invention needs to be up there with Einstein's theory of relativity. Before buying this scoop, My girlfriend was getting a-bit annoyed,My high quality protein was not being consumed in the right possible way.
    • 2. Jonathan Youngs (19-Apr-2012)
    • Review:
      Wow, what can I say. To put it bluntly I have been searching for a good quality scoop for years now. When I started frequenting the gym at the age of 7 I was measuring my whey protein in thimble-fulls (the only implement I had to hand at such a ripe age) and boy did it take ages! And I hate to sound like a broken record but yes this product doesn't just scoop whey, it scoops oats too!! Incredible I know. So you thought the positives ended there, well guess what? You're wrong, this elegant scoop makes a great mantle piece ornament. Who'd of thought!! Simply the best purchase I have made the week commencing April 16th 2012!!
    • 3. Charlie Busby (17-Apr-2012)
    • Review:
      One small scoop for man, one giant leap for mankind
    • 4. James Roper (12-Apr-2012)
    • Review:
      From buying this scoop, my life has completely changed. Before, my girlfriend had dumped me, I'd been living in a cardboard box and I'd been eating out of my protein container with a toothpick...my life felt like it had been destroyed, to quote Tennyson, I felt the 'civic slander and spite' of a thousand centuries. Then one day...I went into an internet cafe, and ordered this magnificent piece of machinery, testimony to the awesome building skills of mankind, which even outshadows the large hadron collider...and then it arrived, the day after...as I removed it from its shiny packaging I could hear the heavens opening and a beam of light shone down upon me...from that moment on, I knew I could do anything...Thank you MP...you have saved me from the moral dens of decadence with this amazing scoop!
    • 5. Adam Burbidge (04-Apr-2012)
    • Review:
      This is one awesome scoop! I've seen many a scoop in my time, but none compare to this. The only bad thing about it is I couldn't have had it instantly! I take it with me everywhere I go. 59p is a bit steep, but it is an extremely good quality piece of kit, engineered to a high standard. Thanks MP for making my life complete!
    • 6. thomas rankin (29-Mar-2012)
    • Review:
      Wow, i have never ever bought a scoop like this one. it does everything you expect it to...and more!! before this scoop, i had to use my bare hands to gather my protein from its bag. however i have only two fingers (an accident caused playing frisby with my friend nurglebean) so the outcome was very very messy. i dropped so much protein on the floor that my cat became so big is is now in Russia competing in the worlds strongest animal contest. But anyway, back to the scoop. as well as being able to contain protein in a cup it has also been used as a hat for my hamster..lets just say, when i take little stuart the hamster for a walk the ladies love him ;) GOD BLESS THE SCOOP KING
    • 7. Josh James (24-Mar-2012)
    • Review:
      Wow... I didn't think it was possible, people tried to tell me but I didn't believe them. I thought it was just a con, a marketing ploy aimed at people with excess disposable income. But after much persuasion I decided to give it a go, and I've got to be honest.... This scoop really works! Its not a con or a money making strategy, Its clear this product has been tirelessly developed to work at its highest potential! Good work
    • 8. James Cotton (21-Mar-2012)
    • Review:
      Being a student the budget is tight, but I saved up for months to buy myself this but boy has it helped!! I was spinning the protein around in the bag while my girlfriend tried to catch it in my shaker, this meant that sometimes everything was covered in protein, this was expensive. I then found this scoop, boy was I happy, I wanted it right now so saved up and purchased it. Scoops brilliantly and now I get all of my protein in the shaker. Brilliant product. Would recommend to anyone. Thanks MyProtein!!!!
    • 9. daniel zanolin (05-Mar-2012)
    • Review:
      When i first joined Myprotein i did not belive in miracles , i was once asked do i beilieve in God? I simply said NO. The next few days grew on me as i waited depressingly for my large scoop to arrive through my letterbox after paying a tight £0.59 in recession affected Britain. I was then rewaraded for my patience and investment as the postmn squeezed the large scoop package through my letterbox. When i opened it i was astounded by the dynamic beauty of this object it glided through the air before it reached my Hurricane XS protein pack I then pushed the scoop into the fluffy powder and scooped back into my protein shaker my life now feels complete. As a bank trader for RBS i no longer trade shares but now trade Myprotein plastic scoop (large).
    • 10. Connor Smith (16-Feb-2012)
    • Review:
      I found that not only does this scoop Whey protein well, it also scoops oats effectively too! After using this scoop I have seen massive improvements in my hand muscles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

isn't it all based on protein % out of 100 grams,80% and above is isolate and below that is classed as concentrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bally2009

Hi folks, I have been taking the recommended break from USN creatine mono for the past 3 weeks and when I go back on it must I do the loading phase again or does this just apply for the first time you use it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Loading is not necessary even at the start.

I take 5-10g of creatine per day and perhaps take a day or so a week off.

So to answer your question - just go back on it at the recommended dosage.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Loading is not necessary even at the start.

Not disputing that.
    Although, without loading it will take 30days to reach creatine saturation levels.
    I take 5-10g of creatine per day and perhaps take a day or so a week off.

Even that is still a lot.
    Once the body has reached saturation 3g's a day will suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

drdeadlift wrote: »
    isn't it all based on protein % out of 100 grams,80% and above is isolate and below that is classed as concentrate.

I'm pretty sure 82% is still concentrate! But yeah isolate is suppose to be a higher percentage! Is isolate really worth the extra money unless you've got lactose issues?? Even then you can get cheap drops that fix that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Burkatron wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure 82% is still concentrate! But yeah isolate is suppose to be a higher percentage! Is isolate really worth the extra money unless you've got lactose issues?? Even then you can get cheap drops that fix that :)

Average trainer no but someone prepping for a contest, it can help reduce some calories.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Not sure if everyone knows this already but argos are selling My Protein True Whey 2.27kg for €39.99 at the moment. Link Here

Didn't realise they sold My Protein products, theres also a few bundles on there reduced and a few other products(Hurricane Evo for €37.59 and i think its €50.29 on the mp site).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I gotta say I'm continually impressed with www.discountsupplements.ie , next day delivery and great customer service, I really like that they give you free samples from time to time and the reward system is really proving worthwhile, can't fault them hope they keep up the good work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Disko biscuits

shortys94 wrote: »
    I gotta say I'm continually impressed with www.discountsupplements.ie , next day delivery and great customer service, I really like that they give you free samples from time to time and the reward system is really proving worthwhile, can't fault them hope they keep up the good work

How much did you get paid for that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

Struggling to get my head around this product.

You'd take Casien as it is slow digesting, so why would you hydrolyse it?

http://www.myprotein.com/ie/products/peptopro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Maybe because someone like Biotest has come out with it already and they want to be able to cover all the bases

Make it faster digesting then whey. It's suppose to be excellent for recovery. One of the lads on MT says he buys it when on special and rates it.

It's designed for athletes and not the average gym rat

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

shortys94 wrote: »

Yeah they really are the best, i have been ordering off them for ages making about 15 orders off them. All order arrived next day and with free stuff :)

There was one problem with one of my orders and i must say their customer service is the best i have ever experienced, they sorted it straight away with no hassle and sent me more free protein bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Does anyone see a difference while taking maltodextrin and dextrose over oats and bananas ?

DMAA according to discountsupplements.ie is officially banned in Ireland.

They've removed all stock carrying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Amazon32

DMAA according to discountsupplements.ie is officially banned in Ireland.

They've removed all stock carrying it.

Just read this, ordered jack3d from discount supplements on Sunday, its supposed to come between 3-6 today, be interesting to see will it arrive or not.
    Anyone ever use it? People opinions on it?

Article on banned items http://www.nutraingredients.com/Regulation/Ireland-DMAA-products-are-illegal-medicines

Make it faster digesting then whey. It's suppose to be excellent for recovery. One of the lads on MT says he buys it when on special and rates it.

So why not take hydrolysed whey then?
    Better amino acid profile?

IMO it is very expensive for what it is. €60.00 a kilo.

You can get 4kg of protein for around this price.

I would get protein and then a good BCAA unflavoured even instead of peptopro at €60 a kilo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Amazon32

Amazon32 wrote: »
    Just read this, ordered jack3d from discount supplements on Sunday, its supposed to come between 3-6 today, be interesting to see will it arrive or not.

Article on banned items http://www.nutraingredients.com/Regulation/Ireland-DMAA-products-are-illegal-medicines

Just got my package there. The Jack3d was in it, now its whether or not i decide to use it or not? Any opinions please?
    Very impressed with Discount supplements, quick delivery and i got 3 free protein bars and two free sample of kinetica complete protein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

I have been taking creatine for 6 weeks now.
    I was in the doctors last week giving a blood test. He got back to me today and informed me that my white blood cell count is a little low and I was probably a bit rundown last week, which I didnt think I was.

As creatine is the only thing that has changed rectnly in my diet I did a quick google search and stumbled across this page: http://www.livestrong.com/article/487783-side-effects-of-creatine-burning-eyes/

I have been having burning eyes the last couple of weeks and I never once thought about the cause being creatine. Would that mean I am allergic to it? And would that explain the low white blood count?

Just got my package there. The Jack3d was in it, now its whether or not i decide to use it or not? Any opinions please?
    Very impressed with Discount supplements, quick delivery and i got 3 free protein bars and two free sample of kinetica complete protein.

IMO you have no reason not to take it as directed.
    I have taking it for over a year on and off and the only negative I have for the product is that your body adjusts to it and so it has no effect, but thats why they recommend you go off it and back on.

The irish medical board ban a lot of things that does not make sense, for example, Ginko Bilopa.

It will come once they had it in stock before the ban came out.

IMO it is very expensive for what it is. €60.00 a kilo.

You can get 4kg of protein for around this price.

I would get protein and then a good BCAA unflavoured even instead of peptopro at €60 a kilo.

Me too but if I was a athlete and getting paid for my sport I might think differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

How much did you get paid for that :P

Waiting on the cheque, unfortunately hasnt been next day delivery:-P

Me too but if I was a athlete and getting paid for my sport I might think differently.

Fair point but I did read that it does not taste to hot either - one would want to be very dedicated.

As a sponsored athlete one could see oneself offloading said peptopro and buying something a tad tastier!:D

It may now be illegal now in Ireland but in the UK and USA and many other countries it is still legal.

The only advice I can give about any stimulant is that if you are apprehensive about them, this can make you anxiuous when you consume them and it can end up with you getting a bit more anxious etc.

Therefore start off slowly at a moderate dosage to assess tolerane and see how you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think you missed the point of his question.
    Caesin is a slow release protein, what's the point in hydrolysing it so that is digests faster, when there are already existing fast proteins.
    DMAA hasn't changed in the last month. It's no more dangerous now than it was last year when millions of people were taking it.

I've notice it was discounted here recently, ban is coming into affect in Oz also.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »

I think you missed the point of his question.
    Caesin is a slow release protein, what's the point in hydrolysing it so that is digests faster, when there are already existing fast proteins.

Nail and head!

Advertisement