Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Jarren wrote: »
    http://www.todaysdeals.ie/Deal.aspx?dlid=398

Looks like a good deal to me.

Just used one of these €15 for €30 of Supplements.
    Gave them a call a min ago, stuff ordered and should be delivered on Monday (free also). Deadly.

Thanks for the link!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Got a mail from nutrition x about relaunching their range. I don't even know how they got my email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Their new range is really nice! hes introducing 450gram packs of whey/casein at a low price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Their new range is really nice! hes introducing 450gram packs of whey/casein at a low price.

I'm really failing to see the point in 450g packs. They provide very little value for money bar using them as a flavour trial size :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Kleenex

Heading away travelling for a few months and most likely won't get all the vitamins etc my body would normally get.

Any vitamin supplement people would recommend that would be easy to take away with me?

Whats the verdict on the Berocca tablets?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Omg, banana-flavoured protein shake - where have you been all my life!? :eek:

Here I've been drinking chocolate, vanilla, strawberry etc. like a sucker. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

You'd recommend?

I'm gonna get a few samples next time I order. I've been drinking Mint Choc which is lovely. But gotta mix it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

MrStuffins wrote: »
    You'd recommend?

I'm gonna get a few samples next time I order. I've been drinking Mint Choc which is lovely. But gotta mix it up!

It's absolutely delicious, I want another one already :o

Would definitely recommend. There's something about the taste of banana after a workout that's delicious, why I never thought to try it in shake form before is beyond me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Kleenex wrote: »
    Heading away travelling for a few months and most likely won't get all the vitamins etc my body would normally get.

Any vitamin supplement people would recommend that would be easy to take away with me?

Whats the verdict on the Berocca tablets?

Thanks

They are fine. They are also expensive. Superdrug and Boots do an equivalent (identical iirc) which are far cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Kinetica Banoffee FTW! only use it with milk and then have Kinetica strawberry for a water-protein mix

nom nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

I am mostly using Trec nutrition stuff these days. Find it to be great, except I also take Purple Wraaaaaath.

Supps:
    Glutamine, BCAA's, Beta-Alanine

Casien, Whey Isolate

EAA's (Purple Wraath)

ZMA

Cycle Kre-Alkalyn every few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

newby.204 wrote: »
    http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/checkout/cart/

can you get 5kg of protein anywhere else cheaper than this??

You didnt link to a product but they are the cheapest for 5kg of WPC as far as i know (with out compromising on quality).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

The STG to Euro rate is high atm so:

£52.99 is €68.12
    £7.99 is €10.27

You'll pay €78.39 for a quality whey protein concentrate.

I had a good look around and no you will not beat this price yet.

Best for a single pouch is €80 for 4.5kg.

However soon there will be 20% vat added to all UK protein prices unless a way around the new law is found.

It should be possible to get a similar quality product with additional actives here for similar money!

The Guvnor wrote: »
    The STG to Euro rate is high atm so:

£52.99 is €68.12
    £7.99 is €10.27

You'll pay €78.39 for a quality whey protein concentrate.

I had a good look around and no you will not beat this price yet.

Best for a single pouch is €80 for 4.5kg.

However soon there will be 20% vat added to all UK protein prices unless a way around the new law is found.

It should be possible to get a similar quality product with additional actives here for similar money!

Indeed soon the playing field will be very level!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I got 4.5kg of Kinetica protein and 500g of creapure creatine from fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie for 80 euro delivered. Great value.

http://www.fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie/Products/Kinetica/Kinetica-Whey-Protein-10.03lb

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

So I'm selling these 2

http://www.adverts.ie/exercise-equipment-weights/purple-wraath-grape-flavour/1804629

http://www.adverts.ie/exercise-equipment-weights/nitrix-barely-used/1882562

In both cases they made me feel sick, so they just aint for me, obviously will knock a few quid off for a boardsie.

And if anyone has a pump solution which doesnt contain arginine id be delighted to hear it, and no replies of lift heavier:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Looking for opinions on USN protein.

Im used to using Kinetica & Optimum Nutrition & Im wondering how USN stands up to these two in terms of mixability.

Kinetica & ON are brilliantly easy to mix with both milk and water in a shaker, in the past (3/4 years ago) ive found USN stuff pretty thick and gloopy, is this still the same?

This particular USN im on about is called Muscle Fuel Anabolic 4kg.

The reason im asking is im going halfs on some protein with my brother & he wants to get the USN but im not too keen on it if its not as easy mix as Kinetica & ON.

Thanks lads & lassies.

barryd09 wrote: »

Im used to using Kinetica & Optimum Nutrition & Im wondering how USN stands up to these two in terms of mixability.

Kinetica & ON are brilliantly easy to mix with both milk and water in a shaker, in the past (3/4 years ago) ive found USN stuff pretty thick and gloopy, is this still the same?

The reason im asking is im going halfs on some protein with my brother & he wants to get the USN but im not too keen on it if its not as easy mix as Kinetica & ON.

Thanks lads & lassies.

Muscle fuel anabolic is not a protein supplement. It is an MRP.

Which exact product from On or Kinetica are you trying to compare to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

barryd09 wrote: »

Thanks lads & lassies.

Isnt that a weight gainer, think thats the one I took last summer?? All weight gainers are going to be much thicker then your standard protein!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Thanks for the two replies above ^^

i have since actually looked at the usn stuff, its not what im after at all. Instead i got the kinetica offer mentioned earlier in the thread with the free creapure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Posted a few months ago about ON's compound 20 to see if anyone has tried it with no luck.

Anyone of late try it ? It's basically a stim free muscle builder with fat loss effects similar to clen but without the side effects.

Compound 20 is by USP labs not ON. Have no idea about the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

john_cappa wrote: »
    Compound 20 is by USP labs not ON. Have no idea about the product.

sorry ye posted that off the phone in a hurry.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭KABLOOEY

Where's the cheapest place online for supps? Just looking for some protein, creatine & BCAAs. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

KABLOOEY wrote: »
    Where's the cheapest place online for supps? Just looking for some protein, creatine & BCAAs. Thanks.

Bulkpowders.co.uk in my opinion anyway! Suppose it prob evens out with ironscience and myprotein when you include delivery but thats who i always go with!

Cheers just about to order 400g creatine monohydrate, 400g glutamine, 400g BCAAs & 1kg Whey Protein Concentrate 82% Instantised for £50.

What do they accept for post code? Just random numbers ok?

• Advertisement

KABLOOEY wrote: »
    What do they accept for post code? Just random numbers ok?

I usally write "none" or "0000" depending on the website and it usually works

Advertisement