Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭KABLOOEY

Ya just went with random numbers. Cheers. €75 overall for a pretty big haul. I don't know how it compares to elsewhere but I'm happy with that value.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Lads

Can someone recommend a whey protein.Started weights 3 weeks ago and looking to build some muscle.Diet is fine with the usuall eggs,chicken,oats...but looking to kick on

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

If you want to go cheap MyProtein or Bulkpowders are the best options. If you have money to spend I'd go with Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey, it's the best selling protein.

RMD wrote: »
    If you want to go cheap MyProtein or Bulkpowders are the best options. If you have money to spend I'd go with Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey, it's the best selling protein.

Is there much difference between gold standard and the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Is there much difference between gold standard and the rest?

There isn't any major difference between any reputable brand, end of the day all protein ends up broken down into their various amino acids, the various differences between powders is negligible when buying whey. What you're basically paying for is taste and how easily it mixes. I had the strawberry flavour before, tastes good and mixes well. I buy from MyProtein now as their bundles are extremely good value. I get an entire months supplementation for 55 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

Where can I get Jack3d from now?
    Anyone any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Where can I get Jack3d from now?
    Anyone any suggestions?

Cheapuksupplements.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

http://www.aobnutrition.com/

http://www.hpnutrition.ie

Both very cheap. Haven't used AOB, but I've used HP a lot and they're great.

Lads

How do I know how much protein and calories I need to take in a daily basis?I work out 3 days a week and trying to bulk up.Im 5"11 and weight is 13 stone 6 pounds.Ive cut out chrisps,chocolate and junk food completely.My days meals consist of

Breakfast -oat meal and banana
    Lunch -oat meal,4 eggs,banana litre milk
    Snack -veg and tuna
    Dinner-chicken breast,brown rice
    Pre workout(1 hour before)oat meal,milk
    Post workout-tuna,litre milk,oat meal

Gonna start taking whey protein this week prob twice a day

Am I taking in to little/to much?
    To be honest I've no idea how much protein/calories I need

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

hey guys currentaly takeing nutrition x big whey as protein supplment and have a fairly clean diet my aim is to ripp out and tone what i have . What is the best Fat burning suppliments and protein to combine to help with this ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

bk1991 wrote: »
    hey guys currentaly takeing nutrition x big whey as protein supplment and have a fairly clean diet my aim is to ripp out and tone what i have . What is the best Fat burning suppliments and protein to combine to help with this ????

There are no fat burning supps that are effective.

Diet and cardio and an understanding of how your own body responds to these two factors is what is key.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TheZ

Posted a few months ago about ON's compound 20 to see if anyone has tried it with no luck.

Anyone of late try it ? It's basically a stim free muscle builder with fat loss effects similar to clen but without the side effects.
    There are some reviews online that are positive but they seem to have been testing it so slightly sceptical.

It is marketed as a test booster but wonder if a good nights sleep would equally boost test levels. Percentage increases in test can look impressive but depends on what the base line was/is. Sort of like X can increase your chances of cancer by 50% which looks really bad but might mean your risk is now 1 in 100,000 and not 1 in 200,000.

Was a fan of certain USP products but the effective ones like Oxypro Elite and Jack3d seem to have been banned so interesting to see what they come out with next.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

On the topic of effective supps beign banned.

I'm off to the States next week, are there are decent supps I could pick up oer there that are generally banned elsewhere.
    thinking of the likes of genuinely effective thermogenics, pre-WO supps etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Mellor wrote: »

I'm off to the States next week, are there are decent supps I could pick up oer there that are generally banned elsewhere.

Theres a company in the states called physicaladdictions.com they have there own youtube channel and the guy seems to give really good advice, anyway in one of his videos he talks about Natural Growth Hormone boosters that you rub onto the skin. I know he's obviously trying to sell the stuff but he generally tells it straight in his videos about what works and whats crap so id be interested to see if they were any good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Theres a company in the states called physicaladdictions.com they have there own youtube channel and the guy seems to give really good advice, anyway in one of his videos he talks about Natural Growth Hormone boosters that you rub onto the skin. I know he's obviously trying to sell the stuff but he generally tells it straight in his videos about what works and whats crap so id be interested to see if they were any good!

Without hearing the name of the product i can tell you it is crap.

Growth hormones that you rub onto your skin......think about it.

john_cappa wrote: »

Miracle Grow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Lads,

I bought Nutrisport Creatine Bombs cheap ( I know I know ).
    Anyway - I have noticed lately that despite eating cleaner than usual for the last month and training hard my clothes have started getting a bit tight and there is a noticeable weight gain on the scales.

I have also started on ZMA to help me sleep.

Could either of these be the cause or has my slightly sloppy diet in the weeks leading up to this just come home to roost now ?

ta

I know it sounds a bit much but there are hundreds if not thousands of creams and medicines that work by rubbing them into the skin? I use difene cream all the time which you rub onto the cream and it gets to the muscle?

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Lads,

I bought Nutrisport Creatine Bombs cheap ( I know I know ).
    Anyway - I have noticed lately that despite eating cleaner than usual for the last month and training hard my clothes have started getting a bit tight and there is a noticeable weight gain on the scales.

I have also started on ZMA to help me sleep.

Could either of these be the cause or has my slightly sloppy diet in the weeks leading up to this just come home to roost now ?

ta

Creatine can lead to some gain in water weight which could be responsible for the size? also if your training and eating right you could of course be building some muscle and starting to fill out! surely the aim of the game is to get bigger??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭TheZ

Mellor wrote: »

http://www.stripes.com/news/fda-orders-halt-to-sale-of-products-containing-dmaa-1.175996

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

I just bought Driven Sports 'Craze' for the first time a few days ago. Won't test it out ill I'm able to go to the gym again. Currently injured.

Anyone tried this before? Reviews seem very good from most websites. Very excited about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rodgered

Hi guys,

Started dieting and training this week, all crap foods are gone as are carbs, eating loads and loads of green veg and lean meat. I am doing mostly weights in the gym, around 20 mins cardio, 40 mins weights. The aim is to slim down and after each session I take whey protein. Anyone know how much I should take?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What's not believable about it?
    Basically sounds like a topical anabolic steroid. I'd be surprised if that didn't exist.
    Wouldn't go near it obviously

TheZ wrote: »
    Not sure what you're getting at there. Not really looking to pick up Jack3d or similar
    DMAA is still available here, for now.

MP are doing a deal on their impact whey. 5kg for €70 when you use their code IWP15 before 9th August.

I have lots of ON so no use to me but some might find it handy

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

double GG wrote: »
    I just bought Driven Sports 'Craze' for the first time a few days ago. Won't test it out ill I'm able to go to the gym again. Currently injured.

Anyone tried this before? Reviews seem very good from most websites. Very excited about it.

You have reason to be excited, get ready for mind blowing workouts. The stuff is unreal!!!

Liam90 wrote: »
    You have reason to be excited, get ready for mind blowing workouts. The stuff is unreal!!!

Sounds good to me! Honestly can't wait to get back to the gym! 2 months is way too long! Have you been using it for long?

Most reviews are 9-10/10 in most places so it seems good. I'll only be using it for the larger muscle groups I'd imagine. I'll see how it feels and then I'll decide for sure.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Scitech 100% Creatine, 60 days worth for 16.95 in my local. Great stuff!

double GG wrote: »
    Sounds good to me! Honestly can't wait to get back to the gym! 2 months is way too long! Have you been using it for long?

Most reviews are 9-10/10 in most places so it seems good. I'll only be using it for the larger muscle groups I'd imagine. I'll see how it feels and then I'll decide for sure.

Experimented with different pwo's for awhile now and first tried craze in February and have been using it since with a 2 week break every 2 months.

Will only be using Craze from now on, It's in a different league than other pwo's that i have tried.

Higher wrote: »
    Scitech 100% Creatine, 60 days worth for 16.95 in my local. Great stuff!

? Doesn't seem like that much of a deal.

I get Dymatize creatine mono 1kg for €35

• Advertisement

Liam90 wrote: »
    ? Doesn't seem like that much of a deal.

I get Dymatize creatine mono 1kg for €35

I get mine from My Protein for €13 for 1kg. Does the job perfectly.

Advertisement