Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

I bought Craze pre-workout and used it for 2 weeks but have had no effect from it whatsoever. Has this ever happened to others? or am I just immune to this stuff?

I'm not a regular user of pre-workout sups but decided to get one as I moved my training to 6:30am and thought it would help. I started with 1 scoop the first day, 1.5 the next day, 2 n then 2.5 but still nothing:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

jaysus myproteins customer service is an absolute pile of balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

jaysus myproteins customer service is an absolute pile of balls.

Ring them. Never rely on their email service

rang 11 times today! they didnt pick up once.

emailed them.

then gave out on their facebook page!

Awful customer service, rang over the space of 5 hours, so Im guessing they just dont bother answering the phone :pac:

rang 11 times today! they didnt pick up once.

emailed them.

then gave out on their facebook page!

Awful customer service, rang over the space of 5 hours, so Im guessing they just dont bother answering the phone :pac:

Personally I found their email replies very slow. Ringing them has been okay.

I've had worse from other online supplement stores. Best supplement store for customer care response time I ever dealt with was discountsupplements.ie

• Advertisement

im guessing if theyd just answer the damn phone itd be resolved in 2 minutes.

Also, the UK call centre closes at 5pm, Irish one at 6pm.

I rang at 5.05pm and got a recorded message that they were closed!!

Can you log into your myprotein account today?

im guessing if theyd just answer the damn phone itd be resolved in 2 minutes.

Also, the UK call centre closes at 5pm, Irish one at 6pm.

I rang at 5.05pm and got a recorded message that they were closed!!

Can you log into your myprotein account today?

Yeah. Logged in today without issue

sad. when i try to login, its like my account never existed. wondering where that leaves my order.

probably facked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Hey everybody I'm gonna buy some fish oil and a multivitamin. Anyone have any recommendation on what brand is good or what to look for when buying it? Also if you know some good stores around the Dublin area thatd be great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Ant11 wrote: »
    I bought Craze pre-workout and used it for 2 weeks but have had no effect from it whatsoever. Has this ever happened to others? or am I just immune to this stuff?

I'm not a regular user of pre-workout sups but decided to get one as I moved my training to 6:30am and thought it would help. I started with 1 scoop the first day, 1.5 the next day, 2 n then 2.5 but still nothing:confused:

Would you be taking in stimulants on a regular basis throughout the day before hand? Lots of coffee, tea, energy drinks etc?

• Advertisement

Davei141 wrote: »

Would you be taking in stimulants on a regular basis throughout the day before hand? Lots of coffee, tea, energy drinks etc?

No don't take anything. I train 6:30am. I get up at 6 to take the pre-workout n head straight to gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Strange because whatever else is in the craze 200mg of caffeine is in 2 scoops and that's quite a significant amount to someone who doesn't take caffeine regularly.

Davei141 wrote: »
    Strange because whatever else is in the craze 200mg of caffeine is in 2 scoops and that's quite a significant amount to someone who doesn't take caffeine regularly.

I don't drink coffee and would rarely have tea, plus I'm training on an empty stomach. I haven't a clue why.

I gave my mate a scoop of it and he was more alert after a few minutes so the product is fine. I gave him 2 scoops the following day but he didn't notice much difference. Craze got some fairly positive reviews but I guess it effects different people in different ways.

Since I changed my training to the morning I was hoping something like this would give me a boost but I'd be hesitant to fork out more money for something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

double GG wrote: »
    Depending on your weight, the 3g you get from Musclepharm may be enough to continue muscle saturation. How much creatine were you taking when you were supplementing it?

I was taking 5g a day, went up to 10g a day (which was too much but it came in the form of NO Xplod and Cell Mass rather than taking 10g of it myself).

I feel much better when I'm not taking creatine anyway, I know it is effective but feeling like I'm going to piss myself wasn't really on my list of things I wanted from training :PI was prediabetic before and I remember what it was like to piss every 10 or 15 minutes in addition to drinking 10+ litres of water a day (no training) so right now creatine isn't something I bother with. Though Musclepharm Assault is a great product and I've had no problems taking that (no problems with the creatine in it).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

No wonder you were gonna piss yourself drinking 10 litres of water a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gymsoldier

plus I'm training on an empty stomach.

I don't get why people do this.
    The only thing that should be done on an empty stomach is fasted cardio.

gymsoldier wrote: »

Intermittent fasting. http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

I follow this, I personally find it very beneficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

plus I'm training on an empty stomach.

It's great for leaning up, your using your stored fat as fuel. Your not burning muscle so don't Belive those stupid myths , the catabolic process takes at least 48 hours to start.

I train on an empty stomach and I dont even do IF even though I am considering it as I do something pretty similar anyway but The only thing I might take is some form of caffeine but that's not breaking your fast unless it has tons of kcals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

It's great for leaning up, your using your stored fat as fuel. Your not burning muscle so don't Belive those stupid myths , the catabolic process takes at least 48 hours to start.

I train on an empty stomach and I dont even do IF even though I am considering it as I do something pretty similar anyway but The only thing I might take is some form of caffeine but that's not breaking your fast unless it has tons of kcals.

I can never train on an empty stomach! tried it once or twice and both times i thought i was going to faint! horrible idea! Even the intermittent fasting dosnt appeal to me, only having some BCAAs before/during trianing! I much prefer to train in the evenings...

each to there own though i guess!

That's not the entire story there I'm sorry to say.
    I'll get back to you on the biochemistry (specially beta-oxidation) of the body when I get time to write a decent reply.

• Advertisement

That's not the entire story there I'm sorry to say.
    I'll get back to you on the biochemistry (specially beta-oxidation) of the body when I get time to write a decent reply.

Differnt strokes for differnt folks for every person who says something is right there will be another who says its wrong, the biggest example of that is the steroid debate.

When you show me your study/reply on how it doesn't work , I bet I could find find a counter argument that's equally as convincing that training on an empty stomach does work. Don't knock it till you try it and then judge yourself on how your own body responds to it, I use to be the typical bulk and cut 6 meals a day guy but for me this works 100 times better and Iv gotten the results to prove it.

I can never train on an empty stomach! tried it once or twice and both times i thought i was going to faint! horrible idea! Even the intermittent fasting dosnt appeal to me, only having some BCAAs before/during trianing! I much prefer to train in the evenings...

each to there own though i guess!

That's it each to their own but it's really just a matter of adjusting your body clock to train in the morning on an empty stomach. I found it hard myself the first 2 weeks but eventually I settled into a routine and everything was fine. If you were to try it again this time maybe add a pre workout to get you going, I can tell you they are a lot more effective on an empty stomach.

That's it each to their own but it's really just a matter of adjusting your body clock to train in the morning on an empty stomach. I found it hard myself the first 2 weeks but eventually I settled into a routine and everything was fine. If you were to try it again this time maybe add a pre workout to get you going, I can tell you they are a lot more effective on an empty stomach.

I suffer from bad anxiety and the stimulants in PWO supplements set it off bad sometimes! had to take a valium to come down of jack3d one time, no lie! Got an awful crash off the stuff too!

I suffer from bad anxiety and the stimulants in PWO supplements set it off bad sometimes! had to take a valium to come down of jack3d one time, no lie! Got an awful crash off the stuff too!

I know where your coming from, I use to take one once or twice a month when I really needed a kick but these days I stay well clear of them mainly because of a very bad comedown from dorian yates nox pump around 3 months ago, havnt touched one since. Iv never felt such a downer in all my life, I literally felt like sh*t.

A 100 mg caffeine capsule does me fine on days when i need a boost, its a enough to get me going without the jitters and walking around on edge associated with most PWO's.

Despite what i said about trying a pwo on a empty stomach before training, I wouldn't usually recommend pre-workouts at all to anyone !.

The majority are lethal aswell as being a relatively new product to the supplement market. The human body trained hard and long before these pwo's appeared so its a good thing that your not reliant on these supps because you'll end up brainwashing yourself into thinking you need them.

I know where your coming from, I use to take one once or twice a month when I really needed a kick but these days I stay well clear of them mainly because of a very bad comedown from dorian yates nox pump around 3 months ago, havnt touched one since. Iv never felt such a downer in all my life, I literally felt like sh*t.

A 100 mg caffeine capsule does me fine on days when i need a boost, its a enough to get me going without the jitters and walking around on edge associated with most PWO's.

Despite what i said about trying a pwo on a empty stomach before training, I wouldn't usually recommend pre-workouts at all to anyone !.

The majority are lethal aswell as being a relatively new product to the supplement market. The human body trained hard and long before these pwo's appeared so its a good thing that your not reliant on these supps because you'll end up brainwashing yourself into thinking you need them.

To be honest i don't buy into all the hype surrounding all the supplements on the market! you could blow a ton of money a month and get no better results then anyone else if you ask me!

A good whey isolate
    some dextrose sugar for pre-workout
    creatine when bulking
    a decent multi vitamin (solgar i usually go for)

And if i feel the need for it i will get some BCAA powder from one of the wholesalers for cheap for when im cutting to drink during my training.

I never step foot in those supplement stores! over priced well marketed products! Bulk powders own brand all the way or one of the others (myprotein, ironscience etc)

Differnt strokes for differnt folks for every person who says something is right there will be another who says its wrong, the biggest example of that is the steroid debate.

When you show me your study/reply on how it doesn't work , I bet I could find find a counter argument that's equally as convincing that training on an empty stomach does work. Don't knock it till you try it and then judge yourself on how your own body responds to it, I use to be the typical bulk and cut 6 meals a day guy but for me this works 100 times better and Iv gotten the results to prove it.

I can vouch for fasted cardio in the morning is best because insulin levels are lowest, GH is still peaking high from sleep and lower blood glucose levels leave fats to be more readily used.

Fasted resistance training on the other hand is something I wouldn't do. Fat is burned in the mitochondria through beta-oxidation, an aerobic event. With resistance training being primarily anaerobic the main source of fuel is CP and ATP.

Its not a case of, "I can post a study to prove your study wrong". Its bio-chemistry, its how the body works, its not up for debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭swededmonkey

has anyone tried using promera con-cret, only started using it and really recommend it, no need to cycle or load either. i just take it 30 minutes before training and have found to be making noticable gains in my lifts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Hi,
    I have ON Whey, MyProtein Creatine Mono & L Glutamine sitting opened in my press for two to three years! They were stored cool and dry, but there is a funny taste off the whey now! The creatine and glutamine still seem fine. They have all past the before date on the bag.

Are they still safe to use? Or should I just bin them and start again?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭singlesnights

I tend to only use supplements as meal replacements. Casein protein drinks are very dense while not containing many calories. Makes them perfect for when I'm fasting.

Other than that, I wouldn't touch anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Deedsie wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have ON Whey, MyProtein Creatine Mono & L Glutamine sitting opened in my press for two to three years! They were stored cool and dry, but there is a funny taste off the whey now! The creatine and glutamine still seem fine. They have all past the before date on the bag.

Are they still safe to use? Or should I just bin them and start again?
    After being opened for 3 years, I am going for bin them and start again.

Advertisement